Sean Strickland vs Paulo Costa or Alex Pereira vs TBA or Islam Makhachev vs Dustin Poirier - Which fight are you most excited to watch? (Semi-Finals)

Which fight are you most excited to watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strickland v Costa buildup will be fun, but Strickland will make the actual fight a boring jab fest.
Do you think Paulo freezes or he will walk forward and get one to land one? it's up to him to make it a dogfight.

Do you think Paulo freezes or he will walk forward and get one to land one? it's up to him to make it a dogfight.
Costa won't have the conditioning or self confidence to walk Strickland down, he'll try to out technical him. But Strickland's defense is very good. It'll be a boring fight.

strickland vs. costa...the buildup will be something for sure

Probably Alex Pereira vs tba depending on who he fights
DP vs Islam feels too predictable and one sided imo, but anything can happen

I don't feel too hyped on strickland vs Costa, don't know why
Because deep down you wonder why Costa keeps getting to fight high level guys when he hasn’t beaten an elite guy since Yoel like 10000 years ago.

Choose Strickland vs. Costa. These two will carry the whole card, because Dolidze vs. Hernandez got cancelled and the other match ups are not even press conference worthy.

Pereira vs. TBA will for sure be cool too, but who knows when, where and against who it happens, so I can’t really get excited for imaginary fights.

Yeah sure, not ready for the snoozefest from jabman... <36>

Alex vs Jiri means that wins.

Alex vs anyone else means Islam/Dustin wins.
I am looking forward to the Ankalaev matchup, because I'm pretty sure that if Alex knocks his beard off, the cope will be "Alex should have been fighting at heavyweight the whole time!"

Costa has T-Rex arms.. if he does not push the pace he will eat a jab every 5 seconds.
Yeah, I don't get all this confidence in Costa. Strickland went a total of 15 rounds with Izzy, DDP and Cannonier and none of them KO'd him. I know Poatan KO'd him but he's also KO-ing top LHWs. Sean has a pretty good chin and good defense. Costa has some power but is mostly a brawler who hasn't finished anyone since 2018. The Whittaker fight showed his limitations against more technical strikers.

Assuming Ankalaev gets the title shot then it's the Alex Pereira fight but LOL at people getting excited for a Sean Strickland fight.

Pretty meaningless stat. Most likely this looks like Whittaker-Costa. Remember, Costa is 1-4 since 2019. His only win was a ho-hum decision over a fossilized Rockhold who was finished months later by Mike Perry in bareknuckle. Strickland has the skills and stamina to throw leather for 3-5 rounds with high output. Costa is pretty much a brawler who has a slight puncher's chance against anyone but not much else against elite fighters.
Whittaker was 2-0 against brazillians at the time and is now 3-0. It's like Gustaffson.. Up until he fought Werdum at Heavyweight his only losses were to African Americans. He was 0-6 vs African Americans.

Whittaker was 2-0 against brazillians at the time and is now 3-0. It's like Gustaffson.. Up until he fought Werdum at Heavyweight his only losses were to African Americans. He was 0-6 vs African Americans.
Gus was at least 3-0 vs. Brazilians before Werdum. I forgot he finished a prime Glover--pretty impressive. It goes to show odd records like that can always be broken.

Yeah, I don't get all this confidence in Costa. Strickland went a total of 15 rounds with Izzy, DDP and Cannonier and none of them KO'd him. I know Poatan KO'd him but he's also KO-ing top LHWs. Sean has a pretty good chin and good defense. Costa has some power but is mostly a brawler who hasn't finished anyone since 2018. The Whittaker fight showed his limitations against more technical strikers.
Costa does not have one punch KO power at all. He does look the part tho but other than being a walking forward meathead in some of his fights we are talking about the dude that didnt finished 40 years old gassed Luke Rockhold.

Strickland has some of the best striking defense at any division. He should be a heavy favorite.

Costa does not have one punch KO power at all. He does look the part tho but other than being a walking forward meathead in some of his fights we are talking about the dude that didnt finished 40 years old gassed Luke Rockhold.

Strickland has some of the best striking defense at any division. He should be a heavy favorite.
Yeah, I don't know why so many on this thread are acting like it's a 50/50 fight. Anything can happen in MMA, but the smart money is on Strickland.

• Pereira vs TBA - Can't vote for that without knowing the opponent
  • Poirier vs Islam - Squash match for Islam, can't vote for that one
  • Strickland vs Costa - Not my favorite guys but there should be some solid violence going down, so this gets my vote

Last edited:
If it's Alex vs just another striker, I'll go with Strickland Costa. If it's Alex vs someone who poses a real grappling threat, I'll take that.

Back