Seeking recommendations for videos for 11 year old daughter taking interest in fighting/martial arts

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Specifically looking for 2 categories:

A) movie or series that might be inspirational or involve a "cool" female fighter.

Ie: something we could watch that might spark interest for her the same way Rocky, Karate Kid, Kickboxer, Bloodsport did for me.

* Best I can think of is Cobra Kai.

B) instructional video

So we were working today on basic basic boxing fundamentals. How to throw a jab, how to slip, how to slip and counter, how to throw a cross, then finally a 1-2 combo and a light mix of her slipping amd hitting my palm like a basic mitt work routine.

She is a high level athlete (soccer) so I think she would be able to follow and imitate technical direction. I remember learning from Tae Kwon Do class how to get the elements of my punch to come together so my hips turned, elbow snapped, shoulder extended all together to get maximal pop on the strike.

She does well with visual demonstration.

She expressed interest in classes, which I would love for her to do but that is tricky as she is on a soccer team that practices (hour away) 3x/week and usually 2 games or a tournament on the weekend. So time and funds currently make lessons tricky.
Maybe I'll check if there is anything cheap like YMCA to dip her toes in, but if she likes it I would like her to at least for a little bit get the more well rounded training of an mma gym, which there are several options nearby.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm open to any sources that could be worth a shot youtube channels/playlist/videos.

She watches MMA with me and I try to give her tidbits of information. I think a decent portion of her interest is based in just wanting to bond and spend time with me. She also uses watching fights with me as a way to talk her way out of going to bed at her bedtime. I don't mind!

Martial arts were so helpful for my confidence and did help me navigate a few confrontations safely and helped me de-escalte many others.
As a father I want her to be able to defend herself. I hope she never needs to, but the world is full of assholes, so should she ever encounter one of them, I want her to be equipped to handle herself.

I love the serie from bazooka joe. He is a reat coach for starters to more experienced fighters. In his video's he begins with stances and going to some slick combo's

Specifically looking for 2 categories:

A) movie or series that might be inspirational or involve a "cool" female fighter.

Ie: something we could watch that might spark interest for her the same way Rocky, Karate Kid, Kickboxer, Bloodsport did for me.

* Best I can think of is Cobra Kai.

B) instructional video

So we were working today on basic basic boxing fundamentals. How to throw a jab, how to slip, how to slip and counter, how to throw a cross, then finally a 1-2 combo and a light mix of her slipping amd hitting my palm like a basic mitt work routine.

She is a high level athlete (soccer) so I think she would be able to follow and imitate technical direction. I remember learning from Tae Kwon Do class how to get the elements of my punch to come together so my hips turned, elbow snapped, shoulder extended all together to get maximal pop on the strike.

She does well with visual demonstration.

She expressed interest in classes, which I would love for her to do but that is tricky as she is on a soccer team that practices (hour away) 3x/week and usually 2 games or a tournament on the weekend. So time and funds currently make lessons tricky.
Maybe I'll check if there is anything cheap like YMCA to dip her toes in, but if she likes it I would like her to at least for a little bit get the more well rounded training of an mma gym, which there are several options nearby.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm open to any sources that could be worth a shot youtube channels/playlist/videos.

She watches MMA with me and I try to give her tidbits of information. I think a decent portion of her interest is based in just wanting to bond and spend time with me. She also uses watching fights with me as a way to talk her way out of going to bed at her bedtime. I don't mind!

Martial arts were so helpful for my confidence and did help me navigate a few confrontations safely and helped me de-escalte many others.
As a father I want her to be able to defend herself. I hope she never needs to, but the world is full of assholes, so should she ever encounter one of them, I want her to be equipped to handle herself.

Any 80s movie with Cynthia Rothrock sir.
She's tough, not trashy and damn good.

Back