Media Seems our boy Bones might be fighting at HW again after Stipe

Saying Jones ducked Ngannou is like saying Ngannou ducked when he left the UFC. Both of them made decisions based on business.

It's also like saying DJ ducked TJ when he was asking for more money.

This is prize fighting.

Moving up to fight for the HW title was something he took time to prepare for. How do you duck something you've been gaining weight to prepare for? Someone who he legitimately called out, long before anyone even thought of the match up as well.

Jones was a horrible match-up for Ngannou. One of the worst. Anyone who unquestionably believes he gets smoked, doesn't know shit about mma. Most fighters thought Jones beats him, yet a legion of fans are confident that he was terrified.

It doesn't take a nuthugger to state the obvious. Some of you guys are just very delusional and obviously forming these opinions in emotion.

According to Chael, someone who genuinely hates Jon and will never pass up an opportunity to talk bad about him, said Jones agreed to fight 3 different fighters.

Ngannou, Gane and Pavlovic( the official backup for the fight)

Based on the evidence, every indication was that Jones had come to an agreement long before Ngannou officially left. If Ngannou stayed with the ufc, that fight would've happened. It's really that simple.

But again, people just see what they want to see, especially with polarizing figures. There's an inability to separate the art from the artist, so people just frame things in whatever way will frame these figures in the worst way possible, rather than what is objectively true.

Also, DC was long past his prime when he fought Stipe. Even he said there's no way he loses that fight, if he's at his best.

DC is legitimately one of the best of all time and the fact that he gets so little respect is a testament to how little some of you seem to understand about the sport.
Can you stop with the fucking "this is prize fighting" bullshit. You mention it in every post. We get it. You see it as prize fighting. Now stop. As far as I'm concerned it's a sport.

“Hws aren't as good as you guys seem to think they are”

“DC was a HW. And he was an infinitely better one than anyone in the division”

“That includes Tom and ngannou”

Those sound like extremes, in a cult like way.
You try to sound intelligent but it comes off like a special ed kid trying to read Shakespeare.

What's extreme about DC being a superior heavyweight compared with the rest of the division?

Especially at his peak.

DC is one of the greatest fighters of all time, it seems odd to even have to explain that like what I'm saying is a hot take or something.

I don't care about sounding intelligent, the points I made have been pretty good. If you have an issue with anything then just come with a counter argument.

Doesn't really accomplish anything to just revert to name calling, only thing it says is you have nothing of value to contribute.

Last edited:
Jon gets no respect around here

Men who put their hands on women don't deserve respect.

Jon is a multiple time cheater, criminal, who beat the mother of his children in front of his own daughters and left an injured pregnant woman at the scene of a car accident.

Respect??

Get the fuck outta here.

He wants Alex because he knows he could take him down and submit him, avoiding Tom because he only wants the easiest fights possible to please the casuals.

Can you stop with the fucking "this is prize fighting" bullshit. You mention it in every post. We get it. You see it as prize fighting. Now stop. As far as I'm concerned it's a sport.

It is

But the fact of the matter is that this is how fighters approach it and make these decisions.

Not understanding that says to me that you don't get it.

As far as I'm concerned, only looking at it as a sport is an idealistic fantasy. It would be great if that's actually how it was, but it isn't. So, we have to be real and acknowledge things as they are. Which is that this is entertainment.

I shouldn't even have to explain it, it's common sense, but every time a fighter doesn't sign a contract right away or opts for a more financially worthwhile fight, they're ducking, afraid or whatever.

It's almost always nonsense.

He’s going to get more than he bargained for with Stipe and realize it’s a terrible idea

Jon is a multiple time cheater, criminal, who beat the mother of his children in front of his own daughters and left an injured pregnant woman at the scene of a car accident.

Respect??

Get the fuck outta here.
I think the art needs to be separated from the artist In this case

The waters get muddled when those things bleed into each other. Opinions become driven by emotions and it just becomes a hive mind hate fest / witch hunt when the discussion is about martial arts, not their personal life.

I don't think Jones is a bad guy deep down, seems like he wants to do good in his day to day life, but alcohol and substances just bring out the extreme energy in him. Plus, the entertainment industry just magnifies it all, a lot of people in that world seem to end up on crazy downward spirals.

Some people just can't drink, we've all known someone like that. But that's just the devils advocate In me, lol.

People can always redeem themselves, so I'm very hesitant to close the book on anyone's character with too much conviction. Tyson was involved in some crazy shit as well, but he had a strong redemption arc.

I appreciate that. I also apologize.

You generally seem like a decent fellow and I was a bit taken aback by the vitriol.

Since that time you have made a good case to support your argument and I had already taken you off the ignore list.

We may not agree on everything but I respect your opinion and you do not belong on there with the other degenerates.
Lol, appreciate that.

Yeah, I still had some alcohol in me and it was just fuel for unnecessary arguments.

Trying to be more mature and not harbor any unnecessary/ bad energy over something so trivial. Old habits die hard i guess.

But i appreciate that we could move past it like men. 🤝

Jon gets no respect around here

I think the art needs to be separated from the artist In this case

The waters get muddled when those things bleed into each other. Opinions become driven by emotions and it just becomes a hive mind hate fest / witch hunt when the discussion is about martial arts, not their personal life.

I don't think Jones is a bad guy deep down, seems like he wants to do good in his day to day life, but alcohol and substances just bring out the extreme energy in him. Plus, the entertainment industry just magnifies it all, a lot of people in that world seem to end up on crazy downward spirals.

Some people just can't drink, we've all known someone like that. But that's just the devils advocate In me, lol.

People can always redeem themselves, so I'm very hesitant to close the book on anyone's character with too much conviction. Tyson was involved in some crazy shit as well, but he had a strong redemption arc.

Here is my offer of possible common ground on which we could meet.

Separate consideration of:

Jon Jones the athlete, limited to his performances in the cage as a professional MMA fighter.

Jon Jones the human being, accountable for all of his choices, actions, repercussions, damages inflicted on others including his own family, cops he has insulted, people he endangered behind the wheel or in other cases of bad judgement and bad behavior.

Jon as a fighter is one of the best to ever do it.

(I am not sure why these got combined into one post.
I did not do that on purpose.)

Lol, appreciate that.

Yeah, I still had some alcohol in me and it was just fuel for unnecessary arguments.

Trying to be more mature and not harbor any unnecessary/ bad energy over something so trivial. Old habits die hard i guess.

But i appreciate that we could move past it like men. 🤝
You should have seen me like ten years ago. I was basically a gigantic asshole, all the time. I mean, even more so than now.

I have mellowed out a lot with age but I've also learned to avoid situations where I might lose my shit. That's why I avoid the War Room and put people who are picking fights with me on the ignore list, at least until I cool down.

I also do a lot of ninja edits and deleted posts. Lol I believe my first draft response to you was something like GET FUCKED. It lasted about ten seconds.

If I'm being honest if he only had one fight left I'd rather see Jones fight Pereira than anyone else. And I recognize that it would be an absolutely massive PPV.

But if he really wants to cement his legacy at HW(which is in theory what he wants), he should fight Aspinall.

In a perfect world he would fight them both.

I think DC captured it well that it is OK to make mistakes, yes a man can make mistakes.

However, when you repeat the same mistakes over and over, lie about your intentions to improve yourself or make no sufficient effort to actually follow thru on those words, than at that point it is no longer "a mistake" it is a pattern of behavior, with established precogniscence of the fact that it is unacceptable and harmful to others, which he chooses to engage in even knowing these things. That has drifted beyond the protective umbrella of "I made a mistake"

Yes, but we are still responsible for the choices we make and the repercussions of those choices, alcohol and drugs do not alleviate anyone from being accountable for their actions in my book.

I find that highly unlikely do to the recurring nature of Jon's problems. Just recently he was drunk out of his mind st a comedy show acting like a spoiled child.

I think a MUCH more realistic take is that this is just who he is. And by bailing him out and shielding him from the repercussions the UFC has playing some part in enabling these behaviors.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British.

Saying Jones ducked Ngannou is like saying Ngannou ducked when he left the UFC. Both of them made decisions based on business.
Jones ducked Ngannou and no amount of rationalizing made by anyone (not necessarily you) can refute that.

Jones asked for at least 3x more (Deontay Wilder money) than what Conor got in his biggest fight in the UFC. That is a FACT. It's also blatant ducking. Which is what he's doing again, right now.

Fair's fair, he should be fighting Aspinall next, and I fully get why that fanbase is upset. Having said that, Jones v Poatan would be HUGE... though I worry it'd go similar to Jones v Gane.

lol so jones wants to duck real heavyweights and fight a kickboxer with no ground game

Jones ducked Ngannou and no amount of rationalizing made by anyone (not necessarily you) can refute that.

Jones asked for at least 3x more (Deontay Wilder money) than what Conor got in his biggest fight in the UFC. That is a FACT. It's also blatant ducking. Which is what he's doing again, right now.
He wanted a big pay bump that was worthy of a super fight. Rightfully so, as Jones is one of the few stars the UFC has left, he was right to push for more as there's a good chance he's been underpaid heavily, relative to how much he brings in.

When they throw out numbers in business negotiations, often times it will start with a big number and they'll meet in the middle somewhere. Which is basically what Jones said as well.

I think the most important part is that whatever he wanted, the UFC finally agreed to pay him after a lot of negotiating.

People acting like negotiating for a better contract and fighting for their worth is ducking, which is ridiculous.

It's also exactly what Francis did for a year before he even left. It's what Conor did for a year before he finally fought khabib.

Should they just shut their mouths and accept whatever peanuts the ufc decides to pay them, unquestionably, otherwise risk being labeled a coward?

According to the UFC, Dana, even Chael, Jones had already come to an agreement in mid 2022, which is also when Jones said he was finally ready to fight.

This was in the middle of Ngannous highly public contract negotiations. The media was very vocal that they were still figuring it out, meanwhile Dana, the UFC and media said they were looking to get Jones a fight.

He was briefly linked to fight Stipe in December of that year, before finally being linked to the march card. Which, he actually did end up fighting on.

Furthermore, they offered Ngannou a contract which specifically stated he would be fighting Jones for 8 million dollars, it was the capstone of the entire deal.

Do you think they offered him a contract like that in writing under the contingency that Jones might sign? No. He was already signed. He was already linked to the march card to fight for the HW title.

By the time the fight was actually possible, Ngannou decided not to sign.

If Ngannou signed the contract, it would've happened. It's really that simple.

Jones is the one who called out ngannou to begin with before anyone even thought of the match, he's the one who called him out again frank fought Gane. But in spite of this, you think it was all fake and he was in fact terrified.

According to Chael, Jones agreed to fight Frank, Pavlovich and Gane. Someone we know is privy to insider information. Dana said the same thing. On top of that, frank was literally offered the Jones fight for 8 million.

So, it's very strange after all of this to still go with the Jones ducked tripe, when all of the evidence is showing the exact opposite.

Jones seems to bring out a strange sort of delusion in people.

He wanted a big pay bump that was worthy of a super fight. Rightfully so, as Jones is one of the few stars the UFC has left, he was right to push for more as there's a good chance he's been underpaid heavily, relative to how much he brings in.

When they throw out numbers in business negotiations, often times it will start with a big number and they'll meet in the middle somewhere. Which is basically what Jones said as well.

I think the most important part is that whatever he wanted, the UFC finally agreed to pay him after a lot of negotiating.

People acting like negotiating for a better contract and fighting for their worth is ducking, which is ridiculous.

It's also exactly what Francis did for a year before he even left. It's what Conor did for a year before he finally fought khabib.

Should they just shut their mouths and accept whatever peanuts the ufc decides to pay them, unquestionably, otherwise risk being labeled a coward?

According to the UFC, Dana, even Chael, Jones had already come to an agreement in mid 2022, which is also when Jones said he was finally ready to fight.

This was in the middle of Ngannous highly public contract negotiations. The media was very vocal that they were still figuring it out, meanwhile Dana, the UFC and media said they were looking to get Jones a fight.

He was briefly linked to fight Stipe in December of that year, before finally being linked to the march card. Which, he actually did end up fighting on.

Furthermore, they offered Ngannou a contract which specifically stated he would be fighting Jones for 8 million dollars, it was the capstone of the entire deal.

Do you think they offered him a contract like that in writing under the contingency that Jones might sign? No. He was already signed. He was already linked to the march card to fight for the HW title.

By the time the fight was actually possible, Ngannou decided not to sign.

If Ngannou signed the contract, it would've happened. It's really that simple.

Jones is the one who called out ngannou to begin with before anyone even thought of the match, he's the one who called him out again frank fought Gane. But in spite of this, you think it was all fake and he was in fact terrified.

According to Chael, Jones agreed to fight Frank, Pavlovich and Gane. Someone we know is privy to insider information. Dana said the same thing. On top of that, frank was literally offered the Jones fight for 8 million.

Not only that, but Jones spent 2 years gaining the weight, entirely from the beginning, the purpose was for a super fight at HW which warranted a huge pay bump. The only fight possible for him was the HW title, it's very clear that's what he was preparing and gaining for to begin with.

So do you think he just did it for show and never actually planned on fighting at HW?

Was the media lying about Jones being back, while at the same time extremely transparent about Ngannous ongoing negotiations?

it's very strange after all of this to still go with the Jones ducked tripe, when all of the evidence is showing the exact opposite.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in Tom fighting Jon and it would be the better win for Jon when it comes to us hardcore fans but lets be honest here. Alex would be the better win for Jon at this point when it comes to Legacy. Alex has beaten 5 former champs and has gotten 2 belts at 2 different weight classes. Where as Tom's best wins are literally only Pav and Volkov. I would include Arvloski too but he was well out of his prime when Tom ran through him.

I think Tom is a much tougher fight for Jon.

Jon has a most likely easy path to victory in clinching and grappling Alex and getting him down.

Tom is bigger than Jon with a more well-rounded skillset than Alex.

Alex is just a more powerful version of Gane when it comes to skillset. He's probably less useless on the ground than Gane is though
I disagree. I'm not trying to put Tom down, but he doesn't have the grappling chops to worry me too much and his striking isn't that great. He seems to have good timing and yes he's well rounded but this is Jones we Rw talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back