Semi old video of ronda training bad striking

Bullshit. Do you honestly think she CHOSE to stand with Holly and Amanda? <45>
Perhaps not "chose" but "thought she could hold her own". I don't think the gameplan was "take her down and sub". I think by than point it was "do whatever you like cause you're the champ".

That and "HEAD MOOOMENT!" :p

Perhaps not "chose" but "thought she could hold her own". I don't think the gameplan was "take her down and sub". I think by than point it was "do whatever you like cause you're the champ".

That and "HEAD MOOOMENT!" :p
[gets lit up and shutting down]

"YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!! SHE SKARRED OF YA!!!!"

Imagine being so stupid as to call Ronda "one of the most dominant women".

It's almost like women's MMA has always been shit compared to men's especially when it comes to striking. The vast majority of her victims could beat her in a rematch if the weren't retarded. Lol at Davis and Zingano. <45>

Her "dominance" is a function of her opponents being shit more than her being good. Ask yourself this: would someone with her skill even SNIFF top 20 in any male division barring heavyweight? Rhetorical.

She was.

Nobody said that's equivalent to being a dominant man in the UFC, hence why I specifically said dominant woman and not dominant fighter.

You're arguing with nobody, and being a dick about it anyway. Fuck off

Yeah losing to the GOAT of boxing really proved his boxing is shit.
Don't worry.

He'd get destroyed by any decent amateur too in a straight up boxing match.

Especially when the fight isn't a business move.

Don't worry.

He'd get destroyed by any decent amateur too in a straight up boxing match.

Especially when the fight isn't a business move.
Ah yes, the "Floyd dragged the fight on on purpose because it was business" argument. One that makes absolutely no sense, since Floyd retired after the fight, and a round 1 KO would've been the best for his image.

Ah yes, the "Floyd dragged the fight on on purpose because it was business" argument. One that makes absolutely no sense, since Floyd retired after the fight, and a round 1 KO would've been the best for his image.
Ahhhh a casual

Her striking has always been shit, it was hilarious when anyone mentioned this in the heavies and people would get angry and now 90% of them people say she has shitty boxing now that she has been KTFO and exposed but before that it was all "amazing/she can beat up men"

Another is Conor McGregor fans thinking his boxing skills were amazing

I feel for the kid who probably went to the gym the day after with this advice

What does McGregor say thats wrong? I only get that he wants the guy who sent the video
to always be on target and not loose focus in between punches but continue slipping, eye sight on target..etc

Honestly quite good advice. Did I miss something?

What does McGregor say thats wrong? I only get that he wants the guy who sent the video
to always be on target and not loose focus in between punches but continue slipping, eye sight on target..etc

You missed his irrational hatred for McGregor.

everything that he is doing in the video, ignore what he is saying.
but it's 20 second clip so even if we ignore that, we can go look at other footage where you can see his boxing 'skills' are non existent
and that the Floyd fight was about one thing only which was $$$$

but then we come back to the argument that he lasted 10 rounds with Floyd Mayweather
a fighter that many people for some reason think is a headhunter and tries to take his opponents out in a few rounds, which obviously isn't what Floyd does, you could stick some low level pro fighter with Floyd and he'd still hang back and see what his opponent has for a few rounds before taking full control

You missed his irrational hatred for McGregor.
no hate
i just speak the truth
which always hurts the noobs

It seems like noone is capable of having a nuanced opinion about Conor McGregor. Fans can't criticize his out of ring decision making, and antipaths can't complement his in ring skills.

It seems like noone is capable of having a nuanced opinion about Conor McGregor. Fans can't criticize his out of ring decision making, and antipaths can't complement his in ring skills.

He can KO a lot of people, but I've never been particularly impressed with his in the ring skills. I'd put him at around Bisping's skill level, and if he didn't get gifted titles that he never defended, he'd be a solid gatekeeper. I think he's extremely comparable to Ronda, who if she didn't just plain quit, could be a solid ranked fighter. Edit: Actually Ronda could probably get the belt back with a decent camp.

As for out of the ring behavior, I realize that it's 100% created to make money and he might not be a total asshole. But since he has created the persona of an asshole and continues to act like one, I don't like him.

Rounda’s problem extends far beyond Edmond being a mediocre coach at best.
The issue is complex:
1) Ronda has a weak mind.
2) Ronda trains wrong (no hard sparring ffs).
3) Ronda has a mediocre coach.
You can’t put ALL the blame on Edmond. Yeah, he should’ve recognized it and fixed it, but the problem is simply Rounda is not athletically gifted enough (bad knees, for example). Add to this the fact her training didn’t include the right amount and degree of sparring, stemming from the fact that she can’t take a punch due to her weak mind.
All these facts taken together = Rounda was never that good.

He can KO a lot of people, but I've never been particularly impressed with his in the ring skills. I'd put him at around Bisping's skill level, and if he didn't get gifted titles that he never defended, he'd be a solid gatekeeper. I think he's extremely comparable to Ronda, who if she didn't just plain quit, could be a solid ranked fighter. Edit: Actually Ronda could probably get the belt back with a decent camp.

As for out of the ring behavior, I realize that it's 100% created to make money and he might not be a total asshole. But since he has created the persona of an asshole and continues to act like one, I don't like him.

wut

Gatekeepers don't knock out guys like Aldo, Mendes and Alvarez.

The shit you read on sherdog...

wut

Gatekeepers don't knock out guys like Aldo, Mendes and Alvarez.

The shit you read on sherdog...

Anyone can knock out anyone. Gatekeepers also shouldn't get tooled by a non-training gatekeeper fighting up a weight division, but Conor did.

Let's see Conor actually get a fight record going so we can see how he performs consistently and maybe someday I'll be impressed. But I'm not impressed as is; I mean Pat Barry can KO anyone in the world and he wasn't exactly top of the UFC.

Edit: To clarify what I mean, if CM wasn't gifted his title fights instead of having to put together a strong run against top contenders, he'd have fallen into the same 'ya win some, ya lose some' that most UFC fighters run into. The ones that go on a real tear and earn title shots and defend titles if they win are the impressive ones. Conor doesn't fight because he's not stupid, he knows he's going to wind up with a BJ Penn type record if he fights often. There is no way he can clean out the LW division, he'd hold the belt for like 1 fight if at all.

Last edited:
Anyone can knock out anyone. Gatekeepers also shouldn't get tooled by a non-training gatekeeper fighting up a weight division, but Conor did.

Let's see Conor actually get a fight record going so we can see how he performs consistently and maybe someday I'll be impressed. But I'm not impressed as is; I mean Pat Barry can KO anyone in the world and he wasn't exactly top of the UFC.

Edit: To clarify what I mean, if CM wasn't gifted his title fights instead of having to put together a strong run against top contenders, he'd have fallen into the same 'ya win some, ya lose some' that most UFC fighters run into. The ones that go on a real tear and earn title shots and defend titles if they win are the impressive ones. Conor doesn't fight because he's not stupid, he knows he's going to wind up with a BJ Penn type record if he fights often. There is no way he can clean out the LW division, he'd hold the belt for like 1 fight if at all.

What a weak cop out. Pat Barry went 8-7. McGregor is fucking 21-3. He didn't just knock out anyone, he knocked out the greatest FW of all time, then moved up and didn't just knock out but outclassed and embarrassed the LW champ. His only loss in the UFC was avenged, and in the rematch he dropped Diaz 3 times. He's outclassed everyone else he's ever fought.

He got his title shot off a fucking 6 fight UFC winning streak where the only guy he didn't finish was future champ Max Holloway in a fight he tore his ACL during, and in that time he knocked out legit fighters like Poirier, Brandao and Mendes. He wasn't gifted shit. The only elite FW he didn't fight was Edgar, and you could argue Lamas but don't try to tell me for a second he wouldn't have wrecked Lamas.

Guess what, nobody has held on to the LW belt for more than a few fights. It's one of the most competitive divisions in MMA and always has been. He still styled on the champ of that division. Yea he got gifted that title shot, much like Edgar and Florian got gifted their shots against Aldo when they dropped DOWN. Difference is he won those "gift" fights.

Seriously, if you wanna argue that McGregor isn't top 5 p4p or something, fine. If you're gonna sit there with a straight face and try to seriously tell me that McGregor is a fucking gatekeeper you can't expect me to take you seriously.

Jeez, no need to throw a fit over it, calm down dude. :)

I'm not impressed by him. If you are, more power to you, but I don't buy his fights. He's played the system well, so good for him.

Come on now guys, let's calm down a bit.

There's a little bit I wanna talk about here because I'm one of those hipster douches that can say I was watching Conor McGoat before he was in the UFC.

First point for me:

I wouldn't say he's ever really outclassed Nate Diaz even in the fight he won, that fight still ended with Diaz standing over him pounding the dude. Wouldn't really say he outclasses Holloway either.

Second point and the main one:

McGregor is DEFINITELY not a gatekeeper.

... but he definitely is a great example of a built up star. He was led by the hand to his first title shot. He was given favourable match ups all the way there, including a less experienced Max Holloway who was also coming off a loss. The UFC didn't know Max would end up being a beast, to him he was just a foot note. They didn't give him particularly dangerous strikers either save for Poirier who wasn't as good as he is now, you never saw him fight Cub Swanson. As for whether or not he would have wrecked Lamas - I think we all need to be smart and reasonable and say we don't know. For all we know Lamas could have laid on him for an entire fight.

He didn't have to fight one wrestler to get to the title (in the most wrestler heavy division around), the only wrestler in the featherweight division he fought was Mendes, and that wasn't planned - Mendes only had two weeks. Since Mendes he hasn't fought a great wrestler... the closest is Eddie Alvarez, who is good but also isn't the kind of guy to blast a double, he'd rather strike with you.

He was gifted the title against RDA with a grand total of 0 lightweight fights... and then again vs Eddie Alvarez with that same total of 0 lightweight fights in the UFC.

I think Conor McGregor is a great fighter, but I think we will probably remember him more for the people he didn't fight. Large in part because of the retarded hype around him, there are people who genuinely believe he's the greatest MMA fighter. In a perfect world we'd see him fight Ferguson, Khabib, rematch Poirier, Holloway - we'd get to see him fight Edson Barboza... but I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see him fight again, despite what Kavanagh and company say.

It's really important to note that McGregor was really built up in the same way that professional boxers are. They knew what a big deal he was from his Cage Warrior days (he was pretty much the only fighter from cage warriors anyone could name at the time) and they were shooting to get him for the title because he talked shit and was entertaining.

Come on now guys, let's calm down a bit.

There's a little bit I wanna talk about here because I'm one of those hipster douches that can say I was watching Conor McGoat before he was in the UFC.

First point for me:

I wouldn't say he's ever really outclassed Nate Diaz even in the fight he won, that fight still ended with Diaz standing over him pounding the dude. Wouldn't really say he outclasses Holloway either.

Second point and the main one:

McGregor is DEFINITELY not a gatekeeper.

... but he definitely is a great example of a built up star. He was led by the hand to his first title shot. He was given favourable match ups all the way there, including a less experienced Max Holloway who was also coming off a loss. The UFC didn't know Max would end up being a beast, to him he was just a foot note. They didn't give him particularly dangerous strikers either save for Poirier who wasn't as good as he is now, you never saw him fight Cub Swanson. As for whether or not he would have wrecked Lamas - I think we all need to be smart and reasonable and say we don't know. For all we know Lamas could have laid on him for an entire fight.

He didn't have to fight one wrestler to get to the title (in the most wrestler heavy division around), the only wrestler in the featherweight division he fought was Mendes, and that wasn't planned - Mendes only had two weeks. Since Mendes he hasn't fought a great wrestler... the closest is Eddie Alvarez, who is good but also isn't the kind of guy to blast a double, he'd rather strike with you.

He was gifted the title against RDA with a grand total of 0 lightweight fights... and then again vs Eddie Alvarez with that same total of 0 lightweight fights in the UFC.

I think Conor McGregor is a great fighter, but I think we will probably remember him more for the people he didn't fight. Large in part because of the retarded hype around him, there are people who genuinely believe he's the greatest MMA fighter. In a perfect world we'd see him fight Ferguson, Khabib, rematch Poirier, Holloway - we'd get to see him fight Edson Barboza... but I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see him fight again, despite what Kavanagh and company say.

It's really important to note that McGregor was really built up in the same way that professional boxers are. They knew what a big deal he was from his Cage Warrior days (he was pretty much the only fighter from cage warriors anyone could name at the time) and they were shooting to get him for the title because he talked shit and was entertaining.

Ya this sums up what I'm saying perfectly. We just haven't seen enough to say one way or another whether McGregor would even be remembered in five years if it weren't for his gaming of the system. In my opinion, absolutely not, he'd be just another "nameless" good fighter like Thiago Alvez or Frank Trigg after a while. If he can get around to fighting on some sort of normal schedule, against non-cherry picked opponents, great, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Back