• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

****serious gun thread***

DepthchargeZero

Brown Belt
Reaction score
246569z.jpg

21nedf9.jpg

9u6lhw.jpg

Are these purchasable? Or are they only in use for experimental purposes

Now we are going to have a serious gun discussion. We need a thread like this dont we boys?

:D

BTW Bullitt68 please do not move this thread please. Traffic is much higher in here.

Last edited:
You might be able to find a toy one you can buy if you try hard enough.

XM-8, the X meaning, as you said, experimental. X=non-production. I'm pretty sure it was deemed inadequate due to some type of malfunctions. Either way the military passed.

From watching the vids it seems like too heavy a caliber to be effective as an assault rifle. I'm guessing when you find it, it will be around $2k. Are you a gun buff Depth?

XM-8, the X meaning, as you said, experimental. X=non-production. I'm pretty sure it was deemed inadequate due to some type of malfunctions. Either way the military passed.

You should still be able to find "left overs."

Oh snap. It's the same caliber as an M4. Wow that's ton of kick for such a small round. Looks like shit imo.

How many does the military make before tossing there prototypes? I not looking for one but a friend of mine was wondering if there are any on the market

Usually a ton. The military just wastes money like there is no tomorrow. If you wait a while you'll start seeing them floating around gunshows or on the web.

The US Military also passed on Dragon Skin body armor, in favor of their own interceptor which is FAR inferior to the DS.

Not to say that theyre wrong to not purchase the XM-8(i haven't watched the videos) I'm just saying our military has made some stupid decisions on equipment and training(and of course other things like invading Afghanistan for instance, wtf?). I also like how they made Marines do bayonett drills when the bayonett has been out of use for 50+ years, lol. They quit this practice, however.

Usually a ton. The military just wastes money like there is no tomorrow. If you wait a while you'll start seeing them floating around gunshows or on the web.

If i could find a couple that would be Sick. I know they Currently revamped the Xm8 project. I'm not sure if it failed again.

You dont like the looks of it? I think it looks pretty awesome. Better looking then the Scar.

I didn't mean the actual look. I was just commenting on how much it kicked up. With that small of a round there should be very little muzzle jump. It's a cool gun but doesn't seem practical. I've seen Ak's that were less jumpy, and they shoot a 7.62.

The US Military also passed on Dragon Skin body armor, in favor of their own interceptor which is FAR inferior to the DS.

Not to say that theyre wrong to not purchase the XM-8(i haven't watched the videos) I'm just saying our military has made some stupid decisions on equipment and training(and of course other things like invading Afghanistan for instance, wtf?). I also like how they made Marines do bayonett drills when the bayonett has been out of use for 50+ years, lol. They quit this practice, however.

Isn't the bayonet considered cruel and unusual? Watch the vids. This thing kicks like a shotgun. M4 looks superior to me.

Are military complex is retarded. I know this was suppose to be the gun for the Future for the 2000s,but we still use poop m4/ARs...and how old is the AR/m4's anyways?

Back