Elections Serious Question: Why are Biden and Trump Going to win the Primaries?

I was referring to
LMAO @ a tough person to beat.

"Donald Trump is the only person not from Delaware to lose an election to Joe Biden" --Bill Barr
I was referring to the Republican primaries, which he won. He has a lot of loyalty in that party.

Do you want to do a friendly sig bet on that? I'd put Biden's chances of being the nominee at around 97%, and he did extremely well in the speech (*way* better than Trump has ever done!).

Biden probably does become the nominee. I am not as confident as you are on it, but the odds are that he probably does take it. You are right. I see it as 70%.

He doesn't win though. Whether he gets replaced by the Dems, is determined unfit to run, dies, or gets beat by Trump or RFK pulls out a miracle, Biden will not be re elected.

That is something I would put a friendly sig bet on.

They are both terrible candidates. The american people are dumb and name recognition as obama's sidekick and reality tv star were major factors in the rise of Trump and Biden.

Easy.

Biden - is going to win as there's no obvious selection to replace him. Newsome might be worse and despite reports Michelle hates politics and won't run ...... both might not even be as good as current Biden for election anyway.
Trump - has a massive base and goes all out attack on any challenges. He's a great showman in an era where smoke means more than substance.

Why is Elon Musk still celebrated as a genius?
Why are McDonalds and Subway still doing good?
Why is Drake still considered a rapper?

Biden probably does become the nominee. I am not as confident as you are on it, but the odds are that he probably does take it. You are right. I see it as 70%.

He doesn't win though. Whether he gets replaced by the Dems, is determined unfit to run, dies, or gets beat by Trump or RFK pulls out a miracle, Biden will not be re elected.

That is something I would put a friendly sig bet on.
I thought you said he wasn't going to win the nomination. No?

This far out, I think any general election is pretty much 50/50. I like to bet when one person thinks it's much more than that one way, and I think it's much more than that to other way.

I want to preface this post by saying the question asked in the thread title is not rhetorical. I’m not American, I’m Canadian. We do not have anything equivalent to primaries here for choosing the leaders of our political parties. If a Canadian wants a say in who will lead their party (and with it, the ability to have a say in who will be prime minister if the party wins the election) then they have pay to join a party, go to a party convention and then vote in a leadership race, which depending on a political party’s bylaws can only come every once in a very long time.

So as an outsider looking in, the primaries look amazing - the ability for all Americans to have a say in who will be their party’s nominee in the general election for president. So given this amazing opportunity and privilege, why is it a veritable certainty that Biden and Trump are going to be their party’s respective nominees again?

When I look at Trump dominating the primaries so far I don’t really get it. I understand that Trump is extremely popular with his ride or die base, but I’m surprised that there doesn’t seem to be a majority or even sizeable minority of Republican voters that don’t want him and would rather have any other Republican governor, Senator or Congressman running. Leaving aside the issue as to whether or not Trump was a good president or not during his first term it just strikes me as odd that people would think that perhaps someone else without all the baggage might be preferable. Yet Trump is slaughtering his opponents without even lifting a finger, having sat out all the debates. Like am I just underestimating how many republicans are actually all-in on Trump, or is it a case of only Trump’s supporters even participating in primary voting.

Now, as for Biden, I never understood how he got the nomination in 2020 in the first place, but why is he seemingly not being challenged by anyone else from the party this time? His popularity isn’t good, and the guy’s cognitive ability is frankly terrifying in my opinion. It would seem to be that he should be easily beatable by some other democrat politicians, but he doesn’t seem to be facing any major challenges.

So yeah, as a non-American I don’t understand how four years later it’s a veritable certainty that Americans are going to be left with only these two awful candidates to vote for in November. How or why did we get here?

Because Trump is super popular and the vast majority of Republicans want him as president. Pretty simple really.

The idea that Trump supporters are some fringe minority just isn't true

Because the people Biden ro Trump winning benefits most will ensure they do. Plain and simple.

I thought you said he wasn't going to win the nomination. No?

This far out, I think any general election is pretty much 50/50. I like to bet when one person thinks it's much more than that one way, and I think it's much more than that to other way.

We can bet on the actual winner when it gets closer. See what happens.

Like a huge RFK surge. 😀

Because the people Biden ro Trump winning benefits most will ensure they do. Plain and simple.
I suspect that decribes Biden much more than Trump, not that the latter isnt sold out as well but not sure its moreso than any of his rivals were as Biden I think represents as far in that direction a the Dems offer, he basically exists to suppress a potentially more progressive candidate who might cost the ultra wealthy money/power.

Like am I just underestimating how many republicans are actually all-in on Trump, or is it a case of only Trump’s supporters even participating in primary voting.
Trust me, Trump supporters also wish we had a better option. We really don't BUT... know for a fact better options will be available in 2028.
Now, as for Biden, I never understood how he got the nomination in 2020 in the first place,
Nomination? He had no competition. Victory? There were a lot of people that voted with their covid lockdown/floyd rage instead of their brains. Which was just enough to swing the election.

Trust me, Trump supporters also wish we had a better option. We really don't BUT... know for a fact better options will be available in 2028.

Nomination? He had no competition. Victory? There were a lot of people that voted with their covid lockdown/floyd rage instead of their brains. Which was just enough to swing the election.
A fucking old sponge discarded by your momma would be a less gross alternative to Trump.

It's about name recognition. Even if over half of the voters don't want Trump or Biden to be the nominees, they are divided on who else it should be. The Republicans aren't organized enough to stop Trump and didn't coalesque around a candidate like the Democrats do.

Back