Seriously how did Conor never suffer Kidney failure cutting to FW?

Conor is a natural FW who fights at every weightclass because he just doesnt give a fook if his opponents have a massive size advantage over him. The guy is such a savage.

He's gonna have to learn to cut again if he ever wants to be a top fighter again.

I like to make fun of Colin as much as the next guy but wow seeing this old interview makes ya miss the days before non defenses, 100m mayweather, and the booze
Dana's fault, had he never gave a dog a bone with the Mayweather fight he'd still be fighting to build his legacy instead of complaining about losing it.

IVs were banned in 2015 but they enforced until 2016.

I just saw this interview from years ago for the first time and I Don't think ive ever seen a fighter look or sound worse after a weigh in.

It's amazing Conor didn't end up in the hospital doing one of these weight cuts like Khabib did. Dude would be dead right now if he stayed at FW another year.

Dude - he was a fucking fw and looked like one when he came here. Its called growing into your grown man body & throw in fact that he suffers from napoleon complex, he was more worried about body building than evolving as a mmartist.
He ,now, has hit his ceiling at mma( weight). He has never fought an actual welterweight and never will.
In fact, we " might" not see him agsin. There will be no part iv.

Good riddance

He should be a 145'er. I doubt he's weighed over 180 ever

Because USADA didn't ban IVs until october 2015, few months later Conor had his last FW fight ever.
IV's have no bearing on the actual weight cut (and thus most of the kidney failure part), they just make rehydrating easier. And it's important to note that people overblow how useful IV's are. They are helpful for reasons of convenience and comfort (easier to rehydrate and you can eat and have an IV in you at the same time), they don't actually rehydrate athletes more effectively.

See Conors more natural class is 155
but someone else at 155 gets hospitalized from their cut

Conor cut from 165-170, he's not a massive featherweight. His body just looks extremely severe every weight cut. Holloway rehydrated to 178 from featherweight, while Conor rehydrated to 171 from lightweight.

Conor cut from 165-170, he's not a massive featherweight. His body just looks extremely severe every weight cut. Holloway rehydrated to 178 from featherweight, while Conor rehydrated to 171 from lightweight.
He's clearly a massive featherweight. Jose Aldo weighed a little under 170, and Conor was clearly the bigger fighter, so a bit over 170 is probably his fight weight. Yeah, Holloway is bigger, but being "only" the 2nd or 3rd largest FW is still being a massive FW.

He's clearly a massive featherweight. Jose Aldo weighed a little under 170, and Conor was clearly the bigger fighter, so a bit over 170 is probably his fight weight. Yeah, Holloway is bigger, but being "only" the 2nd or 3rd largest FW is still being a massive FW.
I think people Like Burgos, Kattar and Barboza are bigger then Conor was. Look at his weigh in for the Nate fights, he weighed 168 and looked a fair bit heavier then his featherweight fights. I doubt he cut at featherweight from heavier then 165. Then CSAC weighed him after a 2 year lay off coming back for Khabib where he had bulked up a little, and his cage weight was 171. I don't think he was as big as people think. He's on the bigger side for sure but I don't think he's a MASSIVE featherweight as people say. He looked undersized in his last 2 fights with Dustin.

I think people Like Burgos, Kattar and Barboza are bigger then Conor was.
Kattar at this point maybe since he's bulked up during his tenure, but he isn't a yoked FW or anything. Burgos is good sized but I still think Conor or MAx are bigger. Barboze lost some mass but still big obviously. At either rate, Conor is still among the largest FWs we've seen. Dude is not a small or even regular sized FW. He's not even a undersized LW.

Also CSAC didn't weigh Conor for his fight since it was Vegas if I recall. So I'm very skeptical he was 171 on fight night. Even for the Diaz fight the first time his coaches said he was cutting to hit 170.

Edit: Conor cut from more than 165 for FW. Aldo's cut is 22 pounds, so 167 on fight night. Unless you think Conor was lighter than Aldo when they faced off, your number doesn't work.

That is a normal look for coke addicts.

Back