Seriously: how would DC have beaten the best Liddell?

Kwik Kick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Styles make fights and this I may be in the minority in finding interesting. Note that the version of Liddell I have in mind is around the first Tito fight or around his two wins over Couture.

DC could get Liddell down, but I don't think he'd hold him there (nobody could). So then the question becomes, how would the stand-up go? It's hard for me to envision DC finishing the Chuck of that era, as Chuck had an iron chin. Couple that with Chuck's power and I think it's plausible he could hurt DC standing and win that fight.

Call me crazy, that but that's a pick 'em match up for me.

DC would do what Rampage did to Chuck in Pride. Chuck isn't going to ko DC, at any age.

it would be a good fight to watch but people sleep on dc. The guy is one of the best to ever fight. His problem is he went up against a tall juiced up fighter that had his number twice. I’m pretty sure chuck would get slammed. Dc wrestling is better than Randy’s imo.

it would be a good fight to watch but people sleep on dc. The guy is one of the best to ever fight. His problem is he went up against a tall juiced up fighter that had his number twice. I’m pretty sure chuck would get slammed. Dc wrestling is better than Randy’s imo.
jon jones would beat all light heavy weight fighters in the history of light heavyweight. daniel cormier is a close 2nd. liddell/rampage/tito etc are all competing for 3rd place

I think DC's wrestling is equal to Randy's, but DC is a big bigger.

The real difference is DC's power. The guy has fast hands and legit power. He would have Chuck respecting his standup, whereas Chuck didn't really respect Randy's punching power.

jon jones would beat all light heavy weight fighters in the history of light heavyweight. daniel cormier is a close 2nd. liddell/rampage/tito etc are all competing for 3rd place

Couture at #3 IMO, if you count each fighter's whole careers. And we're talking about "who would beat who" here, not an official ranking based on LHW achievements. Chuck had his number, but Randy was emotionally unstable at the time, going through a divorce. I think Randy clearly had a greater career than Chuck.

Don't get me wrong, you have to rank Chuck above Randy in terms of all time LHW fighters. However, I do believe Chuck was very lucky to go 2-1 with Randy.

Back