Shoop Shadface (5/23/2009)... 10 Years On. A retrospective.

Made this a few days ago.

a4dVQd4.gif

Anyone see Rashad's new hair on Saturday? I made this on Saturday because of it...

PicsArt_02-18-12.05.24.jpg

It's crazy to think that it's been 10 years since the most shooped image in sherdog's history came to be... Machida vs Evans, May 23rd 2009... The split second in which Rashad's head snapped back, GOAT MMA photographer Esther Lil (@allelbows on instagram) was there, as ever, camera in hand at the perfect moment:
giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

Enlarged and rotated, it's epic hideousness became apparent...

latest

Only shoops could follow... Many shoops. Here are some:
34TIH.gif

4636_218014900444_865015444_7289080.jpg

shadclaps.gif

wce9lf.jpg

Even Rampage tried to shoop himself as Rashad...

Jqy9R2W.gif

The "Shoop That KO Rashad" thread was the first truly great thing that I encountered on Sherdog... Its reached 100s of pages... And then one sad day it was deleted. An over zealous mod eager to prove his worth by reducing bandwith. Sherdog mourned.

10-bizarre-diseases-with-no-cure-1-503-985-views-14k-523-18660450.png

However because of the unmistakable and powerful aura of "Shadface", as it became be known, it launched subsequent imitation threads, and many, but not all of the original classics were salvaged...

Some saintly Sherdogger made a video complilation of these marvels. Bless his eyes.

Since those early, and chaotic days of its meteoric rise to prominence and widespread MMA notoriety...Shadface has been used countless thousands of times in countless shoops... It's almost a standard to include it in shoops, still to this day... I've used it at least 2000 times, and I'm not the only one... I made this just yesterday...

View attachment 519925

Once, a doucebag/hero Sherdogger even tried to get Rashad to sign the picture himself... It wasn't warmly received, however, I wonder if Rashad would still be so salty if he knew quite how famous thisn picture actually is... I'm thinking yes.

Shadface will never, ever be forgotten, bettered or replaced. It's Sherdog, and MMA legend...

View attachment 519929 (I dont know who made this)

War Shadface

View attachment 519927
^^^ A nice HD Shadface template by @Jehannum/@Norman Khabib/@Double Dragon

Add your own favourites from the past, and keep making more... It's almost the anniversary, let's make this a special one!

<mma2><mma2><mma2><mma2><mma2><mma2>

HE BLEW HIS KNEE OUT!

It's crazy to think that it's been 10 years since the most shooped image in sherdog's history came to be... Machida vs Evans, May 23rd 2009... The split second in which Rashad's head snapped back, GOAT MMA photographer Esther Lil (@allelbows on instagram) was there, as ever, camera in hand at the perfect moment:
giphy.gif

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

Enlarged and rotated, it's epic hideousness became apparent...

latest

Only shoops could follow... Many shoops. Here are some:
34TIH.gif

4636_218014900444_865015444_7289080.jpg

shadclaps.gif

wce9lf.jpg

Even Rampage tried to shoop himself as Rashad...

Jqy9R2W.gif

The "Shoop That KO Rashad" thread was the first truly great thing that I encountered on Sherdog... Its reached 100s of pages... And then one sad day it was deleted. An over zealous mod eager to prove his worth by reducing bandwith. Sherdog mourned.

10-bizarre-diseases-with-no-cure-1-503-985-views-14k-523-18660450.png

However because of the unmistakable and powerful aura of "Shadface", as it became be known, it launched subsequent imitation threads, and many, but not all of the original classics were salvaged...

Some saintly Sherdogger made a video complilation of these marvels. Bless his eyes.

Since those early, and chaotic days of its meteoric rise to prominence and widespread MMA notoriety...Shadface has been used countless thousands of times in countless shoops... It's almost a standard to include it in shoops, still to this day... I've used it at least 2000 times, and I'm not the only one... I made this just yesterday...

View attachment 519925

Once, a doucebag/hero Sherdogger even tried to get Rashad to sign the picture himself... It wasn't warmly received, however, I wonder if Rashad would still be so salty if he knew quite how famous thisn picture actually is... I'm thinking yes.

Shadface will never, ever be forgotten, bettered or replaced. It's Sherdog, and MMA legend...

View attachment 519929 (I dont know who made this)

War Shadface

View attachment 519927
^^^ A nice HD Shadface template by @Jehannum/@Norman Khabib/@Double Dragon

Add your own favourites from the past, and keep making more... It's almost the anniversary, let's make this a special one!

<mma2><mma2><mma2><mma2><mma2><mma2>

Yup I remember watching this live. I can still hear Joe's Voice.
"Shuts the lights out"

Don't forget..."Welcome to the Machida Era!"

maxresdefault.jpg

I've raided everything I can see from the database but it's tiring, have to look at each one individually because the hidden shadfaces can be so small. Posted 80 shoops? lol #PLATINUMNATION

The most shooped of all time here? If it's not the top it has to be up there

#PLATINUMNATIONBLESS

#DarkPlatinumIzBack

Over 90/100 greatest shooos ever have shadface in it, even if on the background.

Untoppable.

Back