Locked SHAZAM! Movie (First Reactions; New Trailer Released)

How do you feel about the casting of Zachary Levi as Shazam?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the comics can't be called Captain Marvel but the character can be called Captain Marvel

It's complicated and not worth doing.

So Shazam it is

Small spoiler from movie in regards to name

A running joke in the movie is that Billy and Freddy cant settle on a name for him. So every time they say who he is it’s a different name. I thought it was a funny way to poke fun at the whole name situation.

This is a pretty solid promo. DC making lot's of great moves lately.

Seen this last night. It was great. It completely flew under the radar for me but I really really liked it. I haven't really been much of a fan of the stuff DC has been putting out, I liked WW but not Aquaman. Shazam definitely surprised me with how good it was, great action and it was funnier than I thought it would be form the trailers too. Only weakness I can point out was the villain was a little underdeveloped. 8-8.5/10

I'mma pull a Rotten Tomato...

Haven't seen it, but probably a

95%

Reviews for this are stellar and yes the movie is really heartwarming/funny. This might not make much/be that hyped but the word of mouth should be fantastic and that will be good for DC going forward.

A1-ECA6-BB-B3-CB-4-E17-8129-CF65-AED82-D30.png

Seen this last night. It was great. It completely flew under the radar for me but I really really liked it. I haven't really been much of a fan of the stuff DC has been putting out, I liked WW but not Aquaman. Shazam definitely surprised me with how good it was, great action and it was funnier than I thought it would be form the trailers too. Only weakness I can point out was the villain was a little underdeveloped. 8-8.5/10
going sunday to see it with the wife and kids - i saw the trailer at Captain Marvel and decided to watch it.

Saw it. Kinda reminds me of 90's kids adventure movies
A lot of people were laughing at the theater

And the wizard dude's beard and wig was so fake lol

Last edited:
Good job, DC!
I enjoyed this quite a bit. It was really fun.
Nice, warm story. Great cast. The kids were all great, and Levi was great as Shazaam.
I'm just confused with the DC "universe". Is there still one?
And when you have Shazaam, who needs Superman? Dude seems overpowered.

Fun times. I don't really have anything bad to say. The bad guy couldve been a bit better, but he was leagues better than Steppenwolf..and he was good enough, especially for this kind of movie.

Is there a tribute to Penny Marshal at the opening or closing credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back