Sherbytes: Industry News Megathread, v.2

AI streamlines game storyboarding + dialogue craft. But will it enrich or cheapen player experience?

• Total voters
No Evil within 3 sucks… wow. I was honestly curious to see if they’d announce it at their June showcase. No I have zero interest. Only studio I like from them. Let’s see if gamers get upset about this as they did linking an account.

No Evil within 3 sucks… wow. I was honestly curious to see if they’d announce it at their June showcase. No I have zero interest. Only studio I like from them. Let’s see if gamers get upset about this as they did linking an account.

Pretty much everyone is calling MS on their BS here. Especially for Tango. Tango seems to be the one people are really pissed about.

Pretty much everyone is calling MS on their BS here. Especially for Tango. Tango seems to be the one people are really pissed about.
That’s good because lately gamers have been getting upset over the most trivial shit like a fucking lace in stellar blade, a few items in dragons dogma 2 that you can earn in game, a one time account link, etc. Stuff like this is what people should be outraged by. Horrible direction we’re going in. Square enix just said they will focus on only a few big aaa games and now Microsoft saying the same thing. All we’re going to get is copy and paste open world bullshit. I partially blame the consumer too because all they seem interested in are the same IP. It’s why I always buys bunch of indies each year

Makes sense. The converse like you say is stoppable force meeting immovable object.

Moist Esports isnt a well established esports org known for operating at the international level. Players they have contracted are in niche games that primarily participate at local events. His biggest investment is a Valorant tier 2 team who are 4/5ths american citizens who only compete in the USA. With that Valorant team he's only part owner. Its a joint venture with Shopify Rebellion under a different corporate name.

For context when Valve held TI's in Seattle they worked to get members of the State Department and state/federal employees to speak on their behalf to secure P1 visas for 90 players from 25 countries. EA supplied a executive from their esports department for Moist Esports Apex Legends players.

Man the future sure looks dire in the games industry.

One has to wonder how much the industry will suffer long term 5-10 years down the road as a result of potential future game developers avoiding going into the industry altogether due to bleak prospects for stable employment.

Hopefully this is also the end of that retarded metric that counts player engagement as success. Companies are always bragging that some person clicked play on their games. Let’s go back to the normal way and only measure sales as success, because that’s actually based on reality otherwise Tango would still be around. I got clowned on the starfield thread for mocking their celebration of 5 million people clicking play. Sales are the only thing that matter.

That’s good because lately gamers have been getting upset over the most trivial shit like a fucking lace in stellar blade, a few items in dragons dogma 2 that you can earn in game, a one time account link, etc.
Weird how you keep ducking posts in the Helldivers 2 thread. You know it was a lot more than just "a one time account link."

Weird how you keep ducking posts in the Helldivers 2 thread. You know it was a lot more than just "a one time account link."
Ducking what? You’re delusional, I was very active in that thread. Nothing to talk about anymore since it was reversed. But go ahead, turn a blind eye towards this while crying about the most trivial shit

Ducking what? You’re delusional, I was very active in that thread. Nothing to talk about anymore since it was reversed. But go ahead, turn a blind eye towards this while crying about the most trivial shit
Weird how you avoided post #265 multiple times in that thread. Must be a coincidence.

{<Scared}

Weird how you avoided post #265 multiple times in that thread. Must be a coincidence.

{<Scared}
Yeah and I’ve already said that’s where Sony messed up. My issue is with the crybabies who whine about a one time account link while also having Steam, Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA, etc.

Yeah and I’ve already said that’s where Sony messed up.
thor-really.png

Man, I'm bummed out about Tango Gameworks.

Everything that they did was decent and unique.

Ghostwire Tokyo was fantastic.

Last edited:
Nintendo this week confirms it will reveal Switch successor console (Switch 2) by March 2025, ending industry and player speculation on this fiscal year, that.

Moist Esports isnt a well established esports org known for operating at the international level. Players they have contracted are in niche games that primarily participate at local events. His biggest investment is a Valorant tier 2 team who are 4/5ths american citizens who only compete in the USA. With that Valorant team he's only part owner. Its a joint venture with Shopify Rebellion under a different corporate name.

For context when Valve held TI's in Seattle they worked to get members of the State Department and state/federal employees to speak on their behalf to secure P1 visas for 90 players from 25 countries. EA supplied an executive from their esports department for Moist Esports Apex Legends players.
This degree of representation, vouching, or what I’ll liken to lobbying seems so needless for esports to happen in 2024.

Is visa issuance generally acknowledged and/or talked about at all in the esports space as needing standardisation for what criteria esports players are recognised under P1 as international athletes/entertainers? As is, sounds like a game of deep pockets or dice rolls.

Got two studio names wrong on the way out.

<Manning1>

Got two studio names wrong on the way out.

<Manning1>

It's honestly staggering how badly Microsoft is fumbling gaming. Handheld OEMs are pissed these days too because Microsoft, per normal, can't focus on a new initiative for more than a year or so. So Microsoft is either developing its own handheld again or it's done caring about handheld gaming while it chases the AI bandwagon.

Is visa issuance generally acknowledged and/or talked about at all in the esports space as needing standardisation for what criteria esports players are recognised under P1 as international athletes/entertainers? As is, sounds like a game of deep pockets or dice rolls.

Game needs to have an established legacy, track record of international lan events in that country and some luck with the immigration official overseeing applications.

Certain countries have it ingrained into their culture making politicians aware of it. Macron used esports as part of his reelection campaign and Denmarks Prime Minister spoke at a CS event before the grand final:

Back