Sherdog’s Top 10: Greatest Combat Athletes

It's typical of this writer. He's great but extremely opinionated . Putting Holly Homes before the names you've mentioned is indeed questionable.
Putting Holm on the list is just...bad. Tell me you never watch boxing or any of her bouts without just outright saying it.

Cro Cop's ammie boxing record is leagues ahead of Holm

Putting Holm on the list is just...bad. Tell me you never watch boxing or any of her bouts without just outright saying it.
Yeah it is pretty bad .... Lol can't defend the man on that.. I get that she beat Ronda and has lasted but oof.. I mean hell not to sound like an asshole but take any fairly athletic 25 year old male and train them heavily for a year and they got better boxing then Holly, even if we only go by technique. Is what it is lol .

Shouldn't this list basically be nothing but Olympians?

Like why aren't UFC champion & world silver medalist Mark Coleman, or UFC champion & Olympic silver medalist Matt Lindland even on the list?

Absolute garbage article.

Last edited:
Yeah it is pretty bad .... Lol can't defend the man on that.. I get that she beat Ronda and has lasted but oof.. I mean hell not to sound like an asshole but take any fairly athletic 25 year old male and train them heavily for a year and they got better boxing then Holly, even if we only go by technique. Is what it is lol .
Yeah. She had some very good performances, but she fought in a terrible era of women's boxing pre-Olympics. If she had faced the best of the current era of women's boxing, that'd be a different story. But she fought in the era she fought.

Yeah. She had some very good performances, but she fought in a terrible era of women's boxing pre-Olympics. If she had faced the best of the current era of women's boxing, that'd be a different story. But she fought in the era she fought.
Yep agreed friend .

So we're just going to pretend that BJ Penn wasn't a BJJ world champion and 2-division UFC champion?

In any event, the whole concept of "greatest combat athlete" is nonsense invented by mma fighters to market themselves.
BJ got ktfo by a bar room bum

Holly Holm @ 3 lol.
you never watched her box, obviously.

Also you should stay around to discuss your articles, you just dump and run.

These articles being posted by staff are getting increasingly retarded each time.

It's an opinion piece written by Sherdog Contributor Lev... He has some wild takes at times, but no different than 50% of the threads posted here daily...

It's an opinion piece written by Sherdog Contributor Lev... He has some wild takes at times, but no different than 50% of the threads posted here daily...
*Better then ~80% of the takes here.

Although that's not saying much <Lmaoo>
<Fedor23>
(dawg gotta dawg)
It's literally the opposite of this when comparing how many people come to the main page compared to the forums...
And I guess that's true, but we don't count the bitch ass guests here, join us losers :p lol

*Better then ~80% of the takes here.

Although that's not saying much <Lmaoo>
<Fedor23>
(dawg gotta dawg)

And I guess that's true, but we don't count the bitch ass guests here, join us losers :p lol
The casual guests are just guys that are only 6'4 and didn't make the height requirement for a membership.... so it's pending at the moment. ;)

Go home Sherdog, you're drunk.

Where the fuck is Alex Pereira? He is a 2 division Glory champion and UFC champion.

Romero and Jacare have never been UFC champ.
Kayla Harrison is a can crusher in MMA.

Boy. The articles by Lev get the Sherdog Juices flowing... at least he gives us interesting stuff to talk about instead of a write up on every Conor Tweet...

Back