Sherdog got me into Slingshots

TS, you should try making a Balearic slinger / rock sling. Check out some YouTube videos, you'd be surprised how much force they can generate.

I saw these (like the Biblical David/Goliath slingshot). I in fact think these would be superior in the long run because not only are they even simpler (I think you can weave one out of rope) but are made to chuck rock. One thing I disliked finding out about modern slingshots is that they are now highly specialized for shooting bullets and are less adapted to shooting rock.

The only downside is that I think it would take A LOT of practice to even get mildly accurate with them, and you would really need large open spaces to practice at least until you get the hang of it.

Sling shots are no joke they shoot through glass like butter. A friend was shooting at some people we knew who were sitting indoors at a fast food joint and metal balls went through the windows like bullets. Someone called it in as a shooting and a whole swat of cops showed up and all were armed up up the ass <Lmaoo><45>
I'm sure the police apologized when they realized they were messing with the associate of a Sherdogger

We mainly played with glove guns.

Small piece of tube, which you taped one finger from a rubber glove on to. Good fun for target shooting but you would have to be a sniper to hit anything small enough to be able to kill with it.

That was one of the pleasant discoveries I made about modern slingshots, which is that it is now not hard to be very accurate with them, certainly at 10 yards, and even up to 30 yards. Also with the force they're generating, it is not a surprise at all that you can kill small game with it.

Someone here suggested a slingshot as part of an urban bug out kit, and since they're pretty cheap and they do make sense for cities (you can kill squirrels and pigeons with it), I decided to try it out and have discovered a quite enjoyable and accessible activity, so I thought I would share some of my beginner experiences.

I like it because it's like target practice with a gun BUT:
  • You can do it anywhere, including in your home
  • It's incredibly cheap, all the parts are cheap, the bullets are reusable
  • It makes use of more of your body to shoot accurately than a gun
  • It's not a completely useless skill, because you can indeed kill small game with it (from 10 to 30 yards)
Here's a video of someone hunting with it:

Here's some trick shots that I completely believe you can do after a couple of years of practice:

I got two slingshots:

The SImpleShot Scout, which seems to be a go-to beginner slingshot:
71w4HpVeK8S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And a Chinese slingshot:
metal-core_a-jpg.300904

I like the SimpleShot, but I have to admit the Chinese one is much easier to use. The SimpleShot requires intuition, which is fun because it is more challenging. It's like you're using the Force. But the Chinese one you can almost mechanically hit the target every time, partly because of the sights, partly because you hold it differently in a much more secure grip.

I didn’t care about slingshots before this but that Chinese one looks badass and fun. And like you said it can definitely be a useful skill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back