Sherdog landlords ....eviction help

Tekk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anybody ever evict a tenant without an attorney?

You'd have to look into the tenancy laws in your area. You don't need a lawyer in Canada, but there are strict rules and regulations in most Provinces governing the circumstances under which you can evict a tenant. And it's a pain in the ass as most of the tenancy laws heavily favor the tenants over the landlord. Documentation is the only way you can win a case, and it usually takes a long time.

Tough as fuck right now. IMO of a Tennant is 3 months late on Rent they should be able to be evicted on spot.

Yes, I did but back in 2010. Looked up the laws, regs & requirements & followed. It was a process, about 3 months.

where i'm at they give you a notice and call the sherriff if you're not out. You could try just telling them to leave, always worked on me when I came up short, but some people are too nuts for that approach.

Tough as fuck right now. IMO of a Tennant is 3 months late on Rent they should be able to be evicted on spot.
ya, but they could pull horshoes out of their ass with these covid restrictions. Can't keep a good mooch down.

Ive had to evict people who were just crashing and even that can be difficult in some areas. Here they favor the tenant and anyone who stays in your apartment for a few weeks is considered a tenant. So they go from couch surfing to having renters rights..
After giving notice in writing and having them move out finally they left a bunch of stuff here.
Which I legally couldnt get rid of for 30 days.
And I needed to prove I attempted to get them to collect their things

Check your local laws.
Document everything and put things in writing.
You cant just move their stuff, or change the locks.

Almost all of the landlords here evict without an attorney. Most of the tenants do not even show up to court or they make fools out of themselves. I'm not saying they can't present a good case if you are violating local tenant laws, but around here, most are just irresponsible fuckheads that aren't going to do great in court.

I certainly wouldn't chase them out with fire. It wouldn't be polite.

Took 4 months to evict a guy without a lawyer just utilizing the proper cpurt paperwork. When I finally got him out he had torn the place apart. Copper lines all crimped, dogshit purposefully thrown into vents, holes in drywall, etc. I THEN got a lawyer to get the 5k+ damage fixed by the former tenant. Day one lawyer advised me to let it go, as even if I won I would likely never get the money, and I'd likely spend more than 5k fighting it out. 200 dollar bill for the consult was worth it I suppose.

Took 4 months to evict a guy without a lawyer just utilizing the proper cpurt paperwork. When I finally got him out he had torn the place apart. Copper lines all crimped, dogshit purposefully thrown into vents, holes in drywall, etc. I THEN got a lawyer to get the 5k+ damage fixed by the former tenant. Day one lawyer advised me to let it go, as even if I won I would likely never get the money, and I'd likely spend more than 5k fighting it out. 200 dollar bill for the consult was worth it I suppose.
I'd just cash them owside how bow da

I'd just cash them owside how bow da

The most perplexing part of it all was the guy acting like I was an asshole, me, the guy who hasn't been paid rent in 3 months on the property I own and allow you to live in.... and ultimately wasnt paid rent for 7 months when it was all said and done. Fucking deadbeats.

I got out of real estate pretty quick.

Had a neighbor move to New Mexico because or horrible arthritis. He decided to rent the place out. Guy asked if I keep an tabs on things. I got curious and asked about his arrangements. He was pretty confident with the templates he got off the internet for the rental agreement. Christ.

Like a previous poster said in Canada we can do it without attorneys but it’s not pleasent . What’s your reason for the eviction and also do you have any form of contract or agreement written up? I’m to lazy to scroll through all the post sorry if you answered this already

Back