SHERDOG selective reporting

Stan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just read Sherdog's top 10 - Can't miss fights in April.
https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sherdogs-Top-10-CantMiss-Fights-of-April-185743

No mention for the biggest fight of the year.
Vadim Nemkov vs Corey Anderson for the title + tournament winner and 1 million $$$.
On the same fight card.
Aaron Pico vs Jeremy Kennedy

Bellator 279
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Patrick Mix

How the hell does Nemkov vs Anderson get overlooked when it's one of the biggest fights of the year?

Well its easy Sherdog has been very selective with reporting. When looking at the facts SHERDOG works for ESPN and which Org is on ESPN PPV? Yes the UFC and thats why we all see 95% of Sherdog's selective reporting goes to promoting UFC fighters and events.

eddie-bravo.gif

I kind of wish Sherdog was being paid to place bouts like Lance Palmer vs Chris Wade and Djati Melan vs. Christian Leroy Duncan on this list over better fights with stakes likes Nemkov/Anderson, Horiguchi/Mix, Satoshi Souza/Johnny Case and Izawa/Hamasaki. I would never willingly watch a Lance Palmer fight.

No one cares about Horiguchi vs. Mix haha.

Honestly, since I'm more or less indifferent to what happens in CW or the PFL, I'd put more UFC on that list...but it's subjective opinion. It's weird to rage at someone for their subjective opinion, and about something really as trivial as which fights are interesting.

I agree Nemkov-Anderson would be on my list, but looking at that it's pretty clear it's just a bunch of fights that interest the writer. Also, five of the ten aren't in the UFC so it's kind of hard to claim he is highly UFC biased. It is a bit of an unexpected list, but I wouldn't think too much about it.

I kind of wish Sherdog was being paid to place bouts like Lance Palmer vs Chris Wade and Djati Melan vs. Christian Leroy Duncan on this list over better fights with stakes likes Nemkov/Anderson, Horiguchi/Mix, Satoshi Souza/Johnny Case and Izawa/Hamasaki. I would never willingly watch a Lance Palmer fight.

Djati Vs Duncan is a banger.

I am fine with that bout being on the list. However, Palmer vs. Wade.....

Probably not going to be a banger. Wade is underrated though, interested in the odds after he shut down Jenkins wrestling.

Nemkov Anderson is the only LHW fight I care about, Ihave no idea what kind of criminal activity Jon Jones is up to these days and that Polish guy would be a nobody in Bellator

OP is right, this is the biggest LHW fight so far this year

No one cares about Horiguchi vs. Mix haha.

Honestly, since I'm more or less indifferent to what happens in CW or the PFL, I'd put more UFC on that list...but it's subjective opinion. It's weird to rage at someone for their subjective opinion, and about something really as trivial as which fights are interesting.
Guchi vs Mix is one of the best match ups of the BWGP, I cant believe you dont care about it. Winner will probably be facing Magomedov, whixh will be another banger.

Guchi vs Mix is one of the best match ups of the BWGP, I cant believe you dont care about it. Winner will probably be facing Magomedov, whixh will be another banger.
I dont believe in Mix. Could be wrong but I think Guchi walks him.

I view ‘what to watch’ lists as a helpful jumping off point. Enjoyed the Sherdog article and appreciate the comments on other exciting fights in April.

Like others have said, it’s just fights that interest the writer, and they did include stuff from outside the UFC.

That said, do I understand looking forward to Shot Jeremy Stephens vs Clay Collard more than Nemkov-Anderson?? Lol no. No I do not.

Back