Sherdog, start cracking down on trolling in the Pride and UFC forum...

what if you couldnt start a new thread til your account was 6 months old?

theres an idea

narkq said:
And your post counts for something?

no i didnt say that. comparing our join dates though you can easily tell i like to read well thought out posts more than participate. you on the other hand obviously would like to start a flame war with me because of my opinion, that which i wasn't tring to force on you. there fore i think you most likely fall under the catagory of whats wrong with sherdog instead of trying to be part of the solution.

scorpiorising said:
what if you couldnt start a new thread til your account was 6 months old?

theres an idea

Great idea. Truth is there are alot of whitebelts that post good stuff, but the people that mess it up for the whole group are the ones that open an account just to say something dumb or fighter bash.

What if....only Chinese immigrants who pay for the Sherdog Insider can start threads?

IMHO it is posters like the thread started that make this place shit, not the white belts.

Being here for over two years, there is no excuse for a thread like this other than stupidity.

Honestly why not get rid of the whole belt system?

Let the posts determine the posters knowledge, not the belt. There is no reason an idiotic purple belt should be able to talk down to an intelligent white belt, such as myself. However the reason they hide behind is "stfu whitebelt".

Whats the purpose of having belt colors if so many people misrepresent the color of their belts?
If we must have belts, more mods should be around [MMA wizard mods] to read thru a posters posts after every 2months and determine what color belt he should be.

how bout if you dont like a threads theme you dont click it? you guys really do have important lives dont you? what are you like 22? go get a girlfriend and beg her to accept your seed. start a family and do this shit on the weekend.

snoogins said:
What....you skipped white belt?

we were all whitebelts, but if you keep whitebelts from starting threads, it'll reduce trolling, since a troll account needs more time invested in it.

VZ- said:
Concurred. Should have a 500 post minium to enable thread starting.

lol ya someone has to troll 500 times to become a good poster. Love how you nerds think this belt thing means anything on this site.

VZ- said:
Concurred. Should have a 500 post minium to enable thread starting.

So you would support the same posters, if they post whored just to get a 500 count?

It's not the White Belts, it's not how many 100000posts someone has. Trolls will be trolls

Just read and move on.

If you don't respond to troll threads, they will soon be off the first couple of pages and then forgotten. It's not the threadstarter, but those who reply that cause the problem.

Why not register by email address and require activation? Log IP's and ban trolls.

limiting to 10 posts a day should help. i don't have a life and post like 8 times a day on average. i can't believe some people have like 20 a day, some even more. actually, that probably would not work either because sporadically you get in a heated discussion with other posters and you can easily post 10 times in 1 thread.

you know what, i think the best solution is letting people post away, and if we don't like it, just ignore it.

SuperGNP said:
limiting to 10 posts a day should help. i don't have a life and post like 8 times a day on average. i can't believe some people have like 20 a day, some even more. actually, that probably would not work either because sporadically you get in a heated discussion with other posters and you can easily post 10 times in 1 thread.

you know what, i think the best solution is letting people post away, and if we don't like it, just ignore it.
best response ive heard so far and just remember anyone can be a troll not just whitebelts... id say if an oranbe belt, blue belt, or green belt start trolling they shouldnt be allowed to start new threads for a while or get banned or something. why is it only whitbelts that get discriminated against?

Wow, what a great thread.

Back