News Shevchenko goes after Andrade, Nunes and Zhang

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
- Andrade recently commented that she has a strategy to defeat you and spoke on the weakness of your style. She has even predicted in which round she's gonna finish you ...

I think it's not too smart for her to say that kind of things. But I know she does it because she has to say something. It seems like she doesn't care if she's gonna look smart or not. That's why she says every kind of dumbness, as she's been doing.

I'm gonna try to finish the fight as soon as possible, I don't care what round but I know one thing for sure, the belt is gonna stay with me.

-In previews interviews with me and other journalists you always talk about your intention to close a trilogy with Amanda Nunes. Do you keep thinking that way or Nunes is a closed episode in your career?

I think that's a fight that makes a lot of sense. She keeps winning in her wightclass and I in mine. That fight makes a lot of sense to me. She knows that I beat her last time, everybody knows it.

-In the last few weeks there was an exchange of phrases between Weili Zhang (Strawweight champ) and yourself. Zhang even mentioned that maybe you feel she's a threat to you. Has some kind of rivalry been born or what's going on?

I don't know what's going on with her. Maybe all the unexpected fame that she's got, went to her head or something like that. All my opponents think they're big threats to me, but that's only before we meet in the cage. After that, their opinions change 180°.

Valentina-1.jpg

https://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total...l-jessica-andrade-entrevista-noticia/?ref=ecr

Valentina beats them all with relative ease at her weight class. Only harder fight might be Zhang.
Hmmm no she does beat nunes easy even if she won those two fights those were still tough and close fights.

- Andrade recently commented that she has a strategy to defeat you and spoke on the weakness of your style. She has even predicted in which round she's gonna finish you ...

I think it's not too smart for her to say that kind of things. But I know she does it because she has to say something. It seems like she doesn't care if she's gonna look smart or not. That's why she says every kind of dumbness, as she's been doing.

I'm gonna try to finish the fight as soon as possible, I don't care what round but I know one thing for sure, the belt is gonna stay with me.

-In previews interviews with me and other journalists you always talk about your intention to close a trilogy with Amanda Nunes. Do you keep thinking that way or Nunes is a closed episode in your career?

I think that's a fight that makes a lot of sense. She keeps winning in her wightclass and I in mine. That fight makes a lot of sense to me. She knows that I beat her last time, everybody knows it.

-In the last few weeks there was an exchange of phrases between Weili Zhang (Strawweight champ) and yourself. Zhang even mentioned that maybe you feel she's a threat to you. Has some kind of rivalry been born or what's going on?

I don't know what's going on with her. Maybe all the unexpected fame that she's got, went to her head or something like that. All my opponents think they're big threats to me, but that's only before we meet in the cage. After that, their opinions change 180°.

Valentina-1.jpg

https://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total...l-jessica-andrade-entrevista-noticia/?ref=ecr
Fun fact: Sheva's mother is blackbelt in Karate/Tae Kwon Do, and I think she had her own gym in Kyrgizstan's Bishkek. He mom Elena is currently serving as a President of National Muay Thai association and is a former multiple-time Muay Thai champion. This is how she got both girls (Val and her sis) into martial arts. Apples don't fall far from a tree.

I highly doubt Val feels threatened by any of the competitors out there save Nunez, and I wouldn’t even classify that as threatened, moreover pure animosity. She has the skills to beat anyone that she fights and isn’t shy to say so, you just don’t reach her level of success without having ludicrous levels of belief in yourself and your abilities. The one thing Shev lacks in her arsenal is the ability to be truly modest and show a sense of humility, but I’d take confidence that borders arrogance in a fighter over humbleness every time.

I highly doubt Val feels threatened by any of the competitors out there save Nunez, and I wouldn’t even classify that as threatened, moreover pure animosity. She has the skills to beat anyone that she fights and isn’t shy to say so, you just don’t reach her level of success without having ludicrous levels of belief in yourself and your abilities. The one thing Shev lacks in her arsenal is the ability to be truly modest and show a sense of humility, but I’d take confidence that borders arrogance in a fighter over humbleness every time.
Agree with all of this.
Great observation.

Back