Shogun place among LHWs

Clearly TS is a Machida apologist. That's the only explanation for having a guy that is 3-3 in his last six fights ranked as number two - and not having Hendo in the top five at all.

And Davis over Hendo? Absurd.

How is Machida above Shogun? Shogun beat him twice

1 Jones
2 Rashad
3 Henderson
4 Gus
5 Shogun
6. Machida (since losing to Shogun has only beat Couture and Bader - not enough to move him ahead of Shogun)
7. Davis

The fight with Hendo was either a Hendo win or a draw. Sorry, in no parallel universe was that fight a win for Rua...

If it could have been a draw then it could have easily been a W for Shogun, I'm not saying I agree with that, but the judges have made worse decisions. Close fight nonetheless, and wasn't exactly a poor performance by Shogun.

He could easily put down Machida, Rashad or Davis with some of the shots he hit Gus with. Gus has a nice chin on him, and Shogun lost that extra bit of power punching upwards. He can lan easier and harder on shorter guys.

I tend to agree. Not sure how anyone could rank Shogun that far behind Machida, as did the TS. It's a simple fact that all things being "relatively" equal (e.g., hand/foot speed, quickness, strength, etc.), the bigger, longer, fighter will always win. Jones is light years ahead of them all in every category. Gus has the length advantage but many of the LHs are stronger, quicker, and/or faster.

Gus "may" be able to get in a few more strikes against Jones than others, but IMO, won't come close to defeating Jones.

1 - JJ
2 - Hendo
3 - Machida
4 - Rashad
5 - Gus
6 - Shogun

I tend to agree. Not sure how anyone could rank Shogun that far behind Machida, as did the TS.

Considering Machida fight against JJ I got the impression Lyoto improved, Shogun didn't.
Also, I'm pretty sure Machida would give Shoung a very conservative fight if they fight again, sticking it to a decision, not exposing himself like he did in their first fights.
I'm not using any MMAth in the ranking, but I respect your opinion.

Considering Machida fight against JJ I got the impression Lyoto improved, Shogun didn't.
Also, I'm pretty sure Machida would give Shoung a very conservative fight if they fight again, sticking it to a decision, not exposing himself like he did in their first fights.
I'm not using any MMAth in the ranking, but I respect your opinion.

Since getting knocked out by Shogun - Machida has beat Bader and Couture.

How is that enough to put him over Shogun?

Back