Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe so, if you are terminally ill and you know you will die eventually in like 6 months or so. But you have to go through a painful/tortuous existence until then. Than I see no point in this person living, just end their misery and their suffering.

I also think people who have severe dementia or is in a vegetative state. Should be euthanized. I think for me personally if I can't wipe ass anymore, that's the breaking point for me wanting to exist or cease to exist.

No point in living in those type of conditions, where you are now a baby again.

I know there are people who say it will abused for not as life threatening circumstances.

Like for example people who are severely depressed and feel like there is no way out. I know how it is in being clinically depressed, you feel complete hopelessness and that there is nothing to live for.

But the fact is it's mostly a temporary feeling. It's not everlasting.

You just have to ride the depressive wave and hopefully it ends sooner than later. And it will end eventually and you will see the light at the end of deep dark tunnel. That's a fact. With the help medications, therapy and just your own personal coping skills you learned. All those help you overcome the depression you are in.

So yeah, those people should not be euthanized, no how matter how severely depressed they are.

So what's your take on euthanasia, should it be legalized?

Euthanasia.png

I would probably ok it for severe depression, disease or injury. Some folks are just broken and they can't find joy in their life anymore. It shouldn't be a quick process. They should have to enroll into mandatory therapy with several different healthcare professionals. For those terminal folks towards the end of their lfie; let these people go without pain if they choose it. It's brutal how we keep people around but we are willing to do the humane thing for pets.

Of course, but we wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to make money off the last few horrible weeks of someone's life.

Yes. My sister's father-in-law just passed away from lung cancer (he wasn't even a smoker) and the end was supposed to be awful. If a team of medical professionals decide there is no hope of recovery I don't see any reason to put someone through that when you have the ability to end their suffering in a safe and effective way.

Yes, kill yourself but not MXZT because he's kewl

Let me get high for a while and then OD that would be the perfect euthanasia

Under limited conditions yes. However doctors should discourage it. If the person is still determined then under certain conditions yes.

Of course it should. The government should have no say in it.

Provided there's plenty of steps and it's never offered, and only possible after a detailed examination and over a year or so. I'm not on board for depression being a valid reason.

I don't think any mental health issues should be applicable. Nor economic status.

Canada has gone insane with it imo.

I have been in hospital and have asked family members and drs to kill me before.. thank fuck I wasn't in Canada. Took me 3 years or so after my stroke to talk properly and deal with the constant migraines that resulted from it....

TORONTO (AP) — Alan Nichols had a history of depression and other medical issues, but none were life-threatening. When the 61-year-old Canadian was hospitalized in June 2019 over fears he might be suicidal, he asked his brother to “bust him out” as soon as possible.

Within a month, Nichols submitted a request to be euthanized and he was killed, despite concerns raised by his family and a nurse practitioner.

His application for euthanasia listed only one health condition as the reason for his request to die: hearing loss.

Nichols’ family reported the case to police and health authorities, arguing that he lacked the capacity to understand the process and was not suffering unbearably — among the requirements for euthanasia. They say he was not taking needed medication, wasn’t using the cochlear implant that helped him hear, and that hospital staffers improperly helped him request euthanasia.

“Alan was basically put to death,” his brother Gary Nichols said.

Disability experts say the story is not unique in Canada, which arguably has the world’s most permissive euthanasia rules — allowing people with serious disabilities to choose to be killed in the absence of any other medical issue.

There was quite a few fucked up things . Ie veterans seeking treatment for ptsd. Euthanasia being offered to them apon requesting medical treatment... etc fuck that.

— Canada is the only country that allows nurse practitioners, not just doctors, to end patients’ lives. Medical authorities in its two largest provinces, Ontario and Quebec, explicitly instruct doctors not to indicate on death certificates if people died from euthanasia.

— Belgian doctors are advised to avoid mentioning euthanasia to patients since it could be misinterpreted as medical advice. The Australian state of Victoria forbids doctors from raising euthanasia with patients. There are no such restrictions in Canada. The association of Canadian health professionals who provide euthanasia tells physicians and nurses to inform patients if they might qualify to be killed, as one of their possible “clinical care options.”

— Canadian patients are not required to have exhausted all treatment alternatives before seeking euthanasia, as is the case in Belgium and the Netherlands.

The number of euthanasia deaths across Canada has increased steadily since its full legalization in 2016, with euthanasia deaths accounting for 3.3% of all deaths in 2021.

3.3% of all deaths. Seems a little high to me

In November 2022, an anonymous active Canadian Forces member has alleged he was offered MAID when seeking assistance regarding PTSD and suicidal thoughts,[68] raising concern about MAID being inappropriately offered. In December 2022, Paralympian and veteran Christine Gauthier testified that a Veterans Affairs Canada employee offered her MAID as an option when she is fighting for installing a wheelchair lift or ramp at her house.

Then add in just how many stories there are of people attempting suicide and surviving and realising they wanted to live as they fall or choke. With this there is no attempted suicide.. 100% kill rate.

Should never be suggested. All possible treatments should be attempted beforehand. I would imagine sadly by now that laws been used to hasten along a few people's inheritance.

Last edited:
Should be up to the individual. Not everyone is meant to exist and should be easier pathways for them to end it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/11/canada-cases-right-to-die-laws

After pleading unsuccessfully for affordable housing to help ease her chronic health condition, a Canadian woman ended her life in February under the country’s assisted-suicide laws. Another woman, suffering from the same condition and also living on disability payments, has nearly reached final approval to end her life.

The two high-profile cases have prompted disbelief and outrage, and shone a light on Canada’s right-to-die laws, which critics argue are being misused to punish the poor and infirm. In late April, the Spectator ran a story with the provocative headline: Why is Canada euthanising the poor?

Back