Opinion Should euthanasia be legalized?

Should euthanasia be legalized?

• I have no comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I say no, but keep in mind modern medicine is one of the drivers of people staying in a vegetative state. Unassisted, the people would just die anyways. Which is why pulling the plug is not considered murder by most. The same can be argued for the terminally ill, though to a lesser extent.

Humans are pretty good at dying naturally, after something happens. Westren medicine is pretty good at slowing it down and extracting more money from the process

Last edited:
We don't let our pets suffer when the writing is on the wall.

If you have terminal illness you should be able to exit gracefully with your family by your side.

The problem is the whole slippery slope argument is legit unfortunately as Canada proved. I doubt our ability to use it with discretion, people will always push for it to be use on flimsier and flimsier scenarios.

I am going to be euthanized within a few weeks of learning I have any form of dementia. I have risk factors for it, and I have had an eye full of its horrors as a paramedic, so I'm not going to stick around to get robbed blind and fucked up. There are countries where it is pretty easy to die, and if there isn't in 2050 or whenever I need this, I'll find a legal way to make it happen. Worst case scenario is I try my hand at living off the land on an arctic vacation.

Life is sacred and I was against euthanasia. Until I went to the heavies...

Yeah, I can't even do a good fun JBG WARship thread anymore without it getting buried in ADD shitposts.

I'll check out the pbp on big fight nights but that's it.

May JBG have mercy on their heathen souls...

lol @ anyone who, because of their own twisted idea of morals, think is entitled to tell anyone if they can or can't end their lives with dignity

If you have a terminal illness then yes.

If you have severe dementia, as long as you made an advanced decision beforehand when you had the capacity to do so, yes.

No when it comes to depression

If legalised, I think we would unfortunately see people being euthanised when they shouldn’t have been. It’s a bit of a slippery slope and even though not every country is as insane as Canada, mistakes would be made, especially over time when the general public becomes more accepting and used to the youth in Asia.

Back