Should I become an alcoholic?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I feel like I'm on the verge.

I started out decades ago being very careful and only drinking on Fridays.

But then my rule became never drink alone. Only with friends.

But then I broke my rule once and discovered that drinking alone is awesome.

Now I'm drinking every other day. Occasionally 2 days in a row.

I feel like I'm on the verge of drinking every day, but once that happens I'm probably toast. I don't mess with beer or wine, I really only like the hard stuff. Whiskey and gin mostly. So I feel like drinking hard liquor every day is the last bridge to cross. Once I do that, addiction will follow closely.

Of course it's a rhetorical question. I know I shouldn't become an alcoholic. But it's just so good. How do I not do it every day?

You don't ponder if you want to become an alcoholic. I don't think that's a choice people consciously make.

You just gradually become one, it just happens without you paying attention.

First comes denial

Then comes acceptance

Last edited:
If you're going to drink everyday you should probably move to something weaker like beer or cider or something similar. Getting drunk on spirits everyday is going to kill you a lot faster.
Yeah you're right. The reason I don't like beer is that I don't feel anything until I'm on my 5th one. And that's just a lot of liquid that's really filling.

Liquor is quicker

Yeah you're right. The reason I don't like beer is that I don't feel anything until I'm on my 5th one. And that's just a lot of liquid that's really filling.

Liquor is quicker

So you're not a fancy drinker, but drink to get smashed?

So you're not a fancy drinker, but drink to get smashed?
Yeah pretty much. I keep going until I can't walk straight. That's the feeling I like. Where the world just ain't on my shoulders for once.

Don't do it. Eventually there will be consequences. Ive recently really chilled out on drinking. Fuck up sometimes but 85% better. I just need to knock of thr final 15%. I feel a lot better.

Yeah pretty much. I keep going until I can't walk straight. That's the feeling I like. Where the world just ain't on my shoulders for once.
I'm borderline unfortunately, spent years not drinking then slowly slipped back into oblivion. I'm not one to get smashed though, I like to get stoned and drink and maintain and even buzz all day every day. If it wasn't for my family I'd happily give up, move somewhere quiet and spend my life fucked up

Have a wonderful day homie

I feel like I'm on the verge.

I started out decades ago being very careful and only drinking on Fridays.

But then my rule became never drink alone. Only with friends.

But then I broke my rule once and discovered that drinking alone is awesome.

Now I'm drinking every other day. Occasionally 2 days in a row.

I feel like I'm on the verge of drinking every day, but once that happens I'm probably toast. I don't mess with beer or wine, I really only like the hard stuff. Whiskey and gin mostly. So I feel like drinking hard liquor every day is the last bridge to cross. Once I do that, addiction will follow closely.

Of course it's a rhetorical question. I know I shouldn't become an alcoholic. But it's just so good. How do I not do it every day?
The hard answer is you already are an acoholic. But you still have a choice. Make the right one before you don’t

Liquor is quicker

Sounds like you only drink for the buzz. I'm the same tbh. Its a science, you just got to find out what works for you. Getting to, then maintaining that buzz. I like to drink and smoke. After work I usually get a 6 pack of beers chugg the first 3 back in about 10 mins, have a couple cones then drink the last 3 at a normal pace, with more cones. You can maintain a good buzz for a decent amount of time.

I drink 5% european lagers, but there are a lot of higher strength beers out there. I brought a 6 pack of Carlsberg "elephant beers" a couple weeks back, the 6 pack is equivalent to something like 14 standard drinks.

dont-no.gif

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I'm the same way.

But i'm a streaky drinker. I go on a bender for 1-2 weeks with hard booze every day and then go dry for several months.

I just often don't know how to deal with emotional or troubling events in my life and drink because I often panic and don't know how to pull myself together.

I feel like when I'm drunk, I have an excuse of why I'm not fufilling expectations in crucial situations, but also it provides me with the "don't give a fuck about anything or anyone" attitude, which is both a blessing and a curse.

I'm a weak minded individual.

I also have a nasty habbit of not stopping drinking until all the booze is gone. Once I get a light buzz, a switch flips in my head and I can't stop. If I have 2 bottles of Henny in front of me, I have to finish them right there on the spot. If my mate drinks a shot, I must drink two. I must outdrink everyone in the room.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for my family I'd happily give up, move somewhere quiet and spend my life fucked up

This is so true. I'm glad I have people in my life that either give me tough love when I'm too far gone or just provide a shoulder for me to cry on, to help me deal with my emotions, so I don't have to reach for the bottle in the first place.

Back