Should Matt Petgrave be criminally charged for the death of Adam Johnson? *Warning Graphic*

Should Matt Petgrave be criminally charged for the death of Adam Johnson? *Warning Graphic*

• No comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've watched the video several times now and to me he intentionally stuck his skate out to stop him from skating pass him, which resulted in cutting his neck.

I know he didn't intentionally meant to kill him, but this was no accident that people are reporting. This was an intentional kick.

Click on Watch on YouTube

off course not guy is runni g get hit and now he shoulld keep his scates down or hockey needs to give everybody same guard thathey give to goalies or leave it alone.this might make hockey get progressive with safety issues around this incidents because even if guy was on ground he could be lacerated

There's no way his leg moved like that accidentally. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and say he was trying to trip Johnson and lost his balance, but either way he was extending his leg intending to make contact with him. In similar accidents we see the legs swing uncontrollably past and away from the player being cut. This looks like a targeted kick directly at Johnson. And it's the force of the collision rebounding off him that makes Petgrave fall over, he doesn't look off balance otherwise.

I'm just disappointed race hasn't been brought into it......yet.

The guy raised his leg backwards almost like a superman punch, nobody does that "by accident". Not intentional homicide, but clearly manslaughter

Looks intentional to me. Manslaughter.

Put him on polygraph and ask simple question. Did you want to do what you did

Honestly it looked like he did the sweet chin music to him. I don't even understand how his leg could get that high in that position by chance.
Even if your leg goes above waist line in such situations, players try to avoid contact and lower the leg. In this case leg was around the chest of the opposing player and then at last moment the skate went higher, just dont see how anyone would raise the leg to chest height and not try to get it down if its accident. Then leg went even higher. Makes me wonder if there was bad blood between these two players.

Back