Should paige be THAT disfavored?

mcdowels

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean ribas shouldn win, but favored 5 to 1 seems over kill. People like to hate on paige but she fights hard and does pull out wins sometimes. Rose fucked her up , bur rose was also champ

Last edited:
2 predictions on this :
This will be Paige van Zant's last fight for the UFC. The UFC already knows this and that's why they put this matchup together.

and Amanda Ribas is going to easily win the fight, even though van Zant is relatively resilient.

I’ve been shocked and dead wrong many times before and will be again. That said, her name value is the only reason she got this fight. Ribas should definitely be fighting higher ranked competition.

what weightclass is this fight? Strawweight or flyweight?

It seems accurate. Pvz has very little chance of winning this.

2 predictions on this :
This will be Paige van Zant's last fight for the UFC. The UFC already knows this and that's why they put this matchup together.

and Amanda Ribas is going to easily win the fight, even though van Zant is relatively resilient.
I know Ribas will almost certainly win this fight. Even though it’s wmma and I’m 100% sure Ribas sucks, the UFC wouldn’t put this match up together if PVZ could win. They know PVZ is leaving and they need someone to beat her to “steal” some clout before she leaves. UFC is scummy they’ve played this game before. Then the shills will say “PVZ sucks Ribas beat her Bellator is minor league durrrr”

Her toughness is her only standout quality as a fighter, and I don't know if she's willing to take as much damage now that she's an "influencer". Ribas is a legit well-rounded MMA fighter who will go toe to toe with Joanna, Rose and Weili in the near future. 5 to 1 seems about right

5 to 1 dog... Doubt she wins... but the money risk is worth the reward since anything can happen in the fight game.

<mma4>

She still even thread worthy without some WOOD pic attached..?

I know Ribas will almost certainly win this fight. Even though it’s wmma and I’m 100% sure Ribas sucks, the UFC wouldn’t put this match up together if PVZ could win. They know PVZ is leaving and they need someone to beat her to “steal” some clout before she leaves. UFC is scummy they’ve played this game before. Then the shills will say “PVZ sucks Ribas beat her Bellator is minor league durrrr”
exactly. You nailed it.
They've decided to spring-board their new and exciting up-and-comer Amanda Ribas by getting her to beat up the outgoing "name" Paige van Zant. Standard UFC policy.

Man i'd love to be listening into the UFC group Dana White / Mick Maynard / Sean Shelby on their Tuesday matchmaking meetings. That's gotta be gold to hear THAT audio.

ps. I'm quite a fan of Amanda Ribas. She is very good fighter, she's got excellent striking, great cardio, she's fun and exciting, speaks English, is a bit crazy but in a good way, irrepressibly upbeat and also she's got a banging body.
ALL of which are good assets to have and the UFC see that very clearly........

Why should I fucking care at all?

I mean ribas shouldn win, but favored 5 to 1 seems over kill. People like to hate on paige but she fights hard and does pull out wins sometimema. Rose fucked her up , bur rose was also champ
the problem IMO is that her focus is not in fighting.
And that opens question on how hard would she push herself if she does not care about the outcome?
She already said that win or lose, her value does not change...

the problem IMO is that her focus is not in fighting.
And that opens question on how hard would she push herself if she does not care about the outcome?
She already said that win or lose, her value does not change...
yes....that's the talk (van Zant) of someone who knows she is exiting the UFC, and doesn't care much at all. My view is she was substantially over-paid from the start with the UFC. So was Northcutt.

My bet is she has already signed an agreement with Bellator. OR another fight organization.
I doubt she's been training too much and also she looks quite....chunky. I think she may struggle to make weight for this fight on July 11th.

Back