Shout out to Benson Henderson who was doing those calf kicks like 10 years ago

maybe lol

but I'm not that invested anymore.
You weren’t around for this and you’re already “not invested anymore”? Jeez these are part time mma fans acting like they know shit. Thank goodness the Conor era is over so these ppl can go back to baseball

I would point out that Chandler beat Bendo twice. Once was a beautiful decision, and one was a stone cold KO.

The first was pretty close to a prime Bendo, and the second, while post prime, was still impressive.

Bendo is awesome.

Hermes Franca, Stun Gun, Josh Thomson, and Rory MacDonald all similarly owned Nate.
Nobody drops Nate AND out classes Nate in grappling for five rounds. Benson was throwing thigh punches to set up an overhand right against what the analysts was calling was one of the best boxers in the lightweight division. I feel like you’ve done a good job on the ground against Nate if by the fifth round all he has for defense is a middle finger. I can see the argument for Josh but if Nate’s corner didn’t throw in the towel... I don’t know. I have to rewatch the other fights, but I vaguely remember Franca giving him the business. Off his back against wrestlers, Nate is either really good or really bad. Honestly I hold Rory’s win over Josh’s. Stun Gun was a problem at welterweight for a minute. Still I keep to Benson being the best at fighting Diaz.

You weren’t around for this and you’re already “not invested anymore”? Jeez these are part time mma fans acting like they know shit. Thank goodness the Conor era is over so these ppl can go back to baseball
LOL... I pretty much came on here a couple years back put my mind to the sport for a few weeks and visualized the damn future of the sport and wrote out the blue print for it. Had a bunch of people dedicated to it for years think I was a full of shit casual and then it turns out I was right.

Anyone remember when he fought Brandon Thatch at WW on short notice with a toothpick in his mouth the entire fight?
You're making me feel old brother. Feel like that was a year or two ago.

One of my favorite fighters ever, doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Those Split-decisions were nerve wrecking. ;)

subs a much bigger guy while casually chewing on a toothpick

legend
To be fair, Thatch is one of those guys that probably has negative ambition.
But yes, the size difference was astounding.

The Conor vs Dustin fight isn't the first time we've seen this technique since Benson

Yep. Tarec Saffedine vs Hyun Gyu Lim in 2014

Arona and Benson were the first two I remember using the low calf kick a lot in MMA.

Back