Showtime Sports done after 37 Years …

showtime and hbo seriously diminished the sports reach. hopefully they capitalse on it and make something god out of it.

Reminds me that I need to cancel my Showtime sub. No reason to have it now.

Damn, didn’t know this was ending, had just renewed my sub, mixing it with paramount+

Dunno if it deserves its own thread, but Larry Merchant was rushed to hospital today in critical condition. People talked shit about him and the HBO team a lot, but in retrospect, them and HBO boxing were amazing. showtime boxing also good, being stuck with ESPN and DAZN sucks

Damn, didn’t know this was ending, had just renewed my sub, mixing it with paramount+

Dunno if it deserves its own thread, but Larry Merchant was rushed to hospital today in critical condition. People talked shit about him and the HBO team a lot, but in retrospect, them and HBO boxing were amazing. showtime boxing also good, being stuck with ESPN and DAZN sucks
HBO was a good product I agree

Amazon Prime with PBC starts on March

HBO was a good product I agree

Amazon Prime with PBC starts on March

Oh wow, that is very surprising to me, Amazon? lol.

Thankfully won’t have to sign up for that. After I binge watch the new Frasier reboot, I’ll cancel showtime/paramount+. Tho I see they may be merging with MAX.

Dunno how these aren’t considered monopolies, but OK

After I binge watch the new Frasier reboot, I’ll cancel showtime/paramount+.
The new Frasier reboot sucks man. It's nothing like the original show. I just finished watching all 10 episodes of the 1st season recently. It may not even get a 2nd season. Reviews across the board have been poor so I imagine its viewership has suffered as well.

I wonder... now that Showtime followed in the foot steps of HBO and got rid of sports is part of the reason is this merger we are hearing rumors of?

A merger is being discussed between...
Paramount (CW/MAX/CBS/Showtime)
&
Warner Brothers (DC/HBO/Discovery)

Back