Sights for carry gun

jericksen5

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ive been looking for upgraded night sights to replace the factory sights on my Glock 27 Gen 4. Looking at the following, anyone have feedback on any of these?

TruGlo TFOs
tfos-016-429.png

Advantage Tactical Fireflys
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG950168+12-29-13+image+1.jpg

Deadringer Snake eyes
Glock-Separate-Parts-05.png

W9008_TAR-6005.jpg

Ive been looking for upgraded night sights to replace the factory sights on my Glock 27 Gen 4. Looking at the following, anyone have feedback on any of these?

TruGlo TFOs
tfos-016-429.png

Advantage Tactical Fireflys
maxresdefault.jpg

IMG950168+12-29-13+image+1.jpg

Deadringer Snake eyes
Glock-Separate-Parts-05.png

W9008_TAR-6005.jpg

Assuming that your 27 is a concealed carry piece I don't think I'd like a high profile sight like at least a couple of those look to be. What about a factory clock night sight?

I like the standard 3 dot. That other stuff looks weird. The bottom one I wouldn't want to use. It blocks a lot of fov it appears.

Look at Trijicon or Meprolight night sights.

Last edited:
Assuming that your 27 is a concealed carry piece I don't think I'd like a high profile sight like at least a couple of those look to be. What about a factory clock night sight?

I thought the same thing, but reading reviews, there doesn't seem to be any issues drawing with any of these. I carry at 12:30 appendix, and the rear sights are obviously well outside of the holster anyways. All of the front sights for all 3 are not excessively large.

I'd like something that can provide fast aquesition, but still accurate to longer ranges. Not a fan of the factory night sights, when compared to the performance of the TFOs, which are what I am leaning towards.

I like the standard 3 dot. That other stuff looks weird. The bottom one I wouldn't want to use. It blocks a lot of fov it appears.

The snake eyes sights use the same ghost ring concept found on military rifles. Reviews on em are good. What I don't like about them is they are a little "mall ninja" looking.

Everything except the TruGlos look like they'll need a ridiculous holster. Or at the very least, "snaggy" as fuck.

Don't know if you buy into the whole "maybe I may need to manipulate my gun one handed" thing, but nowadays, I do look for a rear sight which facilitates this. Not that we can carry pistols in Canada but my work gun has a slanted rear Trijicon which basically requires us to rack using the sole of our boots, for a one handed manipulation.

Last edited:
I should add that I've run my buddies G22 with TFOs thru a steel challenge match and loved the sights. No draw issues, very bright in the day time, and seemed adequately bright at night. Seems like the best of both worlds.

What I've read about the other 2 sight systems is that they are misleadi large in photos, and don't seem nearly as large/tall in real life.
IMG_0675.jpg

I run Ameriglo's on my Glock's. I use a 2 white dot for the rear and a night sight for the front.

This. I have Trijicons on my duty and carry guns. Simple 3 dot night sights.

I have broken several sets of true glo TFOs, they work well enough but they break.

I have Trijicon HD's on 4 of my handguns. 2 of them being carry guns. 3 Glocks, 1 M&P in total. Theyre great.

FA105218-DDC5-4CF4-80D8-266795633E5F.jpg

I like the trijicons, being the tried and tested standard for the most part, but really wanted to try one of these newer "fast aquesition" sighting systems. I can always swap em out for more traditional night sights if they don't work out . But the reviews seem good on. Oth the fireflys and the snake eyes.

The snake eyes sights use the same ghost ring concept found on military rifles. Reviews on em are good. What I don't like about them is they are a little "mall ninja" looking.

Still, it looks a lot larger than a rear iron sight on a rifle. It also appears to have a lot of shit going on (eye distractions) and it looks like it blocks a large amount of fov. Not something I would want. I haven't tried it so my opinion is just that, not an experience but just by the looks of it it's not something I would want to use.

The Trijicons are great. Meprolight makes Sig night sights if you have any experience with those.

If the gun is strictly for "social work", I'd suggest the XS Express "Big Dot" sights. They're highly recommended by many professional instructors. I myself use another brand of sights (and they work good, if it ain't broke don't fix it.), but if I could do it all over again (or when it comes time to replacing my current sights), I'd get those.

8_zpsc1f59515.jpg

Did this thread really go this long without mention of Vickers sights? I've never owned a set of truglos, mostly owing to their fragile nature as some others have mentioned. Ive used a few ghost ring pistol configurations before, and they were simply too thick-rimmed to get a proper "ghost" effect, the snake eyes don't look like they'll fare any better, but I may try them out. The Vickers sights have a proven track record, they provide a great compromise between the visibility of traditional sights and the rapid acquisition of a ghost ring. I do love the sights on my Steyr L40 though, if I could find someone willing to do the machining I'd have them on all of my guns.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Glock/products/169/

Back