Sign here if you don't care about fighter pay.

If you care about the sport, you care about fighter pay. If you're a trashy inbred moron who just wants sloppy brawls and big knockouts without caring about the level of talent, technique and competition then whatever...go drink Mountain Dew. The better pay the athletes get, the better rights, the better sponsors, the better TV/streaming deals (where they actually get a % of it etc) will lead to a better sport, better fighters, deeper divisions, more global appeal and prevalence, healthier fighters etc. And ultimately it will lead to cooler shit happening too.
You could also argue the exact opposite. The more you pay fighters the harder it is to invest money into the sport. Then you have a business that dies. Affliction, pride, strike force, etc etc all overpayed and disappeared.

If you care about the sport, you care about fighter pay. If you're a trashy inbred moron who just wants sloppy brawls and big knockouts without caring about the level of talent, technique and competition then whatever...go drink Mountain Dew. The better pay the athletes get, the better rights, the better sponsors, the better TV/streaming deals (where they actually get a % of it etc) will lead to a better sport, better fighters, deeper divisions, more global appeal and prevalence, healthier fighters etc. And ultimately it will lead to cooler shit happening too.
Why should fans care when the fighters don't? They actively push against press who question the pay, and even defend the pay structure. None of the active fighters spoke up to help the recent court case that went through, even the ones who didn't fall in the category of the newer contracts that forbid the fighter from participating in the law suits.

10 years of work in the court rooms down the drain and all because these fighters do not care about unionizing or fighting the pay structure. I cared about fighter pay for a long time but you have to be a moron to continue giving a fuck. The fighters are fine with it, so we should be as well.

I don't care about any sport athlete pay. I hope everyone gets paid more for their job if they are worth it.

There's not many people out there raising hell about me getting paid more. I haven't heard of a fighter calling for me to get higher pay. When they do, then I will.

I hate people bitching about their pay, regardless of what job they do. If you hate your job or are not happy with this or that, either don't sign a contract, don't sign up to it, or find a different job, it's that simple. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you can't find something else, that's not your employer's fault.

I do care about fighter pay because the talent pool is limited due to the limitations of it. If you genuinely want the sport to grow and see better fights consistently, you should care about fighter pay too.

I dont particularly care about it, but if you follow the sport it simply cant be avoided, because its literally the reason why anything happens (and doesnt happen) so you gotta pay attention to it.

Sherdoggers will complaim about fighter pay and then not even stream UFC 301.

I'm already okay with the product so i don't care if it gets better or not and if it gets worse, there are tons of other things i can do in this world. I'm not obsessed about MMA i have tons of other hobbies. They don't give a fuck how much i get paid at my job btw

You could also argue the exact opposite. The more you pay fighters the harder it is to invest money into the sport. Then you have a business that dies. Affliction, pride, strike force, etc etc all overpayed and disappeared.
There's a reason why boxing has mandatory fights.

who-cares-matty-matheson.gif

I just want Violence

<{JustBleed}>

Couldn't care less what they earn
Fuck them, nobody makes them fight

I care. The UFC unlike most other established sports have a very small percentage of the revenue doled out to the actual athletes.

Even though it is one of the most brutal sports there is.

I want the fighters to unionize and also Muhammad Ali Act to be extended to all combat athletes. The UFC is lobbying hard against that.

Explained: What the Muhammad Ali Expansion Act would mean for MMA

https://theathletic.com/2316443/202...uhammad-ali-expansion-act-would-mean-for-mma/

I think athletes should be paid a fair rate.
I don't think they deserve tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.
Average yearly wage in America is $59k. Professional athletes in the wider sense are grossly overpaid in direct comparison to their contribution to society.

Exactly all of this, which is why it's pretty stupid when people are like LOL STFU WHO CARES. Like, if you want to watch good fights then you need good fighters, and to get good fighters you need to pay them their worth.

UFC has good fights. The best fights, actually.

UFC has good fighters. The best fighters, actually.

Thousands and thousands of fighters worldwide are trying to get a UFC contract.

Sorry. What are you trying to say?

It's an issue that I'll literally never have a single impact on, neither will any of you, so I don't bother to care too much about it. Ultimately these guys sign the deals on their own will.

I'm one of those stay in your lane types though, and not big on virtue signaling for causes I'll never have a practical impact on.

Back