News Singapore’s government currently banning Russian athletes from competing on ONE events

Take it you are in Myanmar, but just take it as some Slavic humor. Obviously sarcastic, but guess that gets lost over the internet

Fair enough. Hit a bit too close to home for me. Brother in law recently jailed for 3 years for facebook post, amongst other things.

They should be more worried about the Singapore Tourism Board financing the UFC next event there.

Chatri crying that the main finiancier off his promotion is directly funding his competition

I also saw stuff about UFC holding an event in Shanghai later on in the year

Last edited:
Chatri crying that the main finiancier off his promotion is directly funding his competition

I also saw stuff about UFC holding an event in Shanghai later on in the year
It will be hard for the UFC to compete with the 3 billion viewership of ONE, though.

It’s one of the reasons they’ve never gone to Hawaii. Wanted more than the Hawaii tourism board was willing to give them for a site fee.
It’s kinda funny how cheap the UFC is. WME must be really squeezing them for money.

hence why I think they will never leave the APEX. Sad, wanted to see Jiri fight in person here in Czechia, Germany or Poland

It’s kinda funny how cheap the UFC is. WME must be really squeezing them for money.

hence why I think they will never leave the APEX. Sad, wanted to see Jiri fight in person here in Czechia, Germany or Poland
I think asking for site fees depends on the size of the venue, demographics, prices they can charge for tickets, etc. Hawaii, Singapore are expensive outs for UFC.

UFC keeps saying they will go to Africa but yet to see it. Africa would never do a site-fee... but just to promote the sport there it is worth it... Maybe they can lure Ngannou back with a show there.

UFC keeps saying they will go to Africa but yet to see it. Africa would never do a site-fee... but just to promote the sport there it is worth it... Maybe they can lure Ngannou back with a show there.
I don't see the Chinese doing a site fee either, especially with the current US/China relations

I don't see the Chinese doing a site fee either, especially with the current US/China relations

Agreed, though UFC and China have a good relationship, if a department invited them then I could see it, though China.. not care so much about tourists.

Other than Nigeria and S. Africa, what countries there would have enough interest in the sport that also has people with disposable income?

Back