sirius shorts

Mobsta

White Belt
Reaction score
purchased the red sirius shorts from ssf for $35 size 38 originally but way too big needed to send them back for size 36,,

unfortunatley i couldnt find my usb cable so im unable to post pics but ron took some good pics..http://www.mmaportal.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=3811

the shorts are 80% polyester and 20% nylon so they feel a bit heavier then my sprawls and nogi,,no less they are pretty comfotable, while in class i had no problems with high kicks, multiple kicks or knees. This can be credited to the flex panel and the leg room the shorts provide. note they do fall right below knee level im about 5'11.

they held up pretty good in my mma class, while working from the gaurd the shorts did run up on me no big deal though,, i didnt notice anything negative about them while training, my workouts went pretty good and normal moves such as triangles, arm bars, hip movements etc were not prevented due to the shorts.

as the link provides these shorts have the normal velcro enclosure with the button reinforcement and drawstring,, what i find odd is that i washed these shorts the other day and the drawstring looks like its coming apart,, not sure if it got hooked onto something in the washer so im not blaming the shorts. i hang dry all my shorts but with these its gonna be a must. The graphics are printed so if machine dried they would peel. Also they are triple stiched as are a lot of shorts it seems.

overall im happy with the product, if any changes could be made i would recommend the enclosure.. something similar to what sprawl or nogi has would be nice .. this is my first review so please ask any questions you may have.

Sirius used a flat thin drawstring so that it's more comfy but the down side to that is if you don't close the velcro when you wash the shorts they will snag and look like hell but they will hold up.

www.SSFgear.com

I got the same pair, came in on friday, haven't had an opportunity to roll/train in them yet but they seem comfy and didn't seem to inhibit my movement at all from just stretching etc.

Back