Sitthichai vs Van Roosmalen

AllKickboxing

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I doubt it's a spoiler at this point but Sitthichai has become the glory lightweight contender to face Robin Van Roosmalen for the belt. He was able to knocked out Kiria in the semifinals and won a decision against Josh Jauncey in his second fight of the night. Now to open up discussion, I have two questions. Which are what are your predictions on the title match between Sitthichai and Van Roosmalen and do you feel that Sitthichai has the ability to represent thai fighters in the way that Buakaw did and follow his footsteps?

Rico
AllKickboxing Cofounder

i have a feeling it could look a lot like the jauncey fight. Robin is going to have a very hard time trying to get on the inside for his combos while sittichai kicks,knees, and jabs for the win on the outside.

If I'm completely honest, I never saw that Kiria stoppage coming.
Kiria is one of the toughest guys out there and stopping him in such a fashion really made a statement.

Roosmalen has some sickening power in his hands tho, I'd guess it all depends on how they appear on fight day and what kind of ref is inside the ring.
Allround Sittichai is the better fighter by a noticeable margin, but will Sittichai be allowed to clinch those full 5 seconds or will it be instanly broken up?

Regarding the "representing the thai fighers" thing, I believe he's more suitable then Buakaw having actually fought on the thai scene and winning lumpinee belts etc.

If I'm completely honest, I never saw that Kiria stoppage coming.
Kiria is one of the toughest guys out there and stopping him in such a fashion really made a statement.

Roosmalen has some sickening power in his hands tho, I'd guess it all depends on how they appear on fight day and what kind of ref is inside the ring.
Allround Sittichai is the better fighter by a noticeable margin, but will Sittichai be allowed to clinch those full 5 seconds or will it be instanly broken up?

Regarding the "representing the thai fighers" thing, I believe he's more suitable then Buakaw having actually fought on the thai scene and winning lumpinee belts etc.

SIttichai is not really reliant on the clinch as he favors fighting from the outside ( he is good in the clinch thou and by far the best in glory lw division)

Also sittichai maybe the 147 lumpinee champ but buakaw actually had more success at the "money" weights in thailand of 120-135. Buakaw ended up becoming the no1 challenger at 135 but his training partner/ stablemate namsaknoi had the title. (namsaknoi's nickname was the emperor because he held the title for 5 years). When sittichai was smaller he was good but he was not championship level

Sittichai matches up well with Roosmalen i think he beats Rossmalen with his kicks and knees countering Roosmalen's punches but he will probably have even some success with his hands.

I think Ristie has a chance of beating Sittichai at least when he has one of his good nights he's inconsistent bt he matches up well with Sittichai.

And is Petrosyan making another run or is he just having a few fights before he retires?

SIttichai is not really reliant on the clinch as he favors fighting from the outside ( he is good in the clinch thou and by far the best in glory lw division)

Also sittichai maybe the 147 lumpinee champ but buakaw actually had more success at the "money" weights in thailand of 120-135. Buakaw ended up becoming the no1 challenger at 135 but his training partner/ stablemate namsaknoi had the title. (namsaknoi's nickname was the emperor because he held the title for 5 years). When sittichai was smaller he was good but he was not championship level

Ah, I never knew that Buakaw had such success in Thailand.
I figured the clinch could play a noticeable role considering the fact that Roosmalen fights on short distance, thought that Sittichai would smother him with the clinch/knees whenever he got pressured in that distance.

Roosmalen is looking really sharp in training though, saw him train with another local A class fighter who's known for his kicks, knees and distance game (lacking in the clinch tho) and the guy basically got pressured and countered while landing some but not really note worthy shots.

Ah, I never knew that Buakaw had such success in Thailand.
I figured the clinch could play a noticeable role considering the fact that Roosmalen fights on short distance, thought that Sittichai would smother him with the clinch/knees whenever he got pressured in that distance.

Roosmalen is looking really sharp in training though, saw him train with another local A class fighter who's known for his kicks, knees and distance game (lacking in the clinch tho) and the guy basically got pressured and countered while landing some but not really note worthy shots.

yea i would expect sittichai to clinch when robin actually gets on the inside. It seems as thou sittichai has been trying to use his footwork more lately to circle out instead of clinching but that might have just been because kunlun does not allow it

I didn't catch the Jauncey fight, but the Kiria KO was beautiful. Can't wait to see his next match.

WebbedDecimalDuck.gif

I don't think Roosmalen is good with smart fighters that keep him on the outside. He has the punchers chance but I think Sittichai will dominate him and keep the devision on hold till Petrosyan comes back.

I see Sittichai picking Robin apart from the outside, much like Petro did.

I actually see the RvR fight, at least stylistically, as an easier fight than Jauncey, Jauncey is a tall guy that moves a lot and is less vulnerable to knees and high kicks, on paper that poses more problems to Sittichai's style than the more plodding/subtle moving, stocky, short range punch heavy Robin. I'm sure that the Sitsongpeenong guys are confident that he can keep Robin at bay and snipe away at him with straight punches, high kness and kicks.

Robin's advantage in this fight however, will be his kickboxing experience, hand speed and power and work rate. Also, he knows how to close the distance and neutralize reach pretty effectively.

I still take Sittichai, though. He's a completely different story. It will probably not be RvR vs Ristie 1, but far from 2 either.

Sititchai is too smart. He will use his kicks, movement and knees to keep RVR at bay, I won't count him out though

Sitthichai scares me a lot when he knocked out Kiria,i really didnt believe that.

I was waiting for a dominance and a decision if he took this fight,but not a KO.

Sitthichai is just a monster when he fight on a agressive way(he dont look impressive for example,when he fought with Dylan Salvador for the second time,because he was passive in this fight.

The way he do Middle kicks with the left leg(50 or more in a single fight),with that power,hurt anyone,especially when this Middle kicks took the body,it is just brutal.

His knees and punch combos are a beautiful thing to see,he just combine what hurt in the right guy,he use his knees the most of time without clinch on kickboxing fights,that is a lot of technique.

His fight with RVR will be a hard test from both,because RVR is more smart than Kiria, have a beast stamina and crazy combinations,but judging this fight looking at Sitthichai performance against Jauncey and Kiria,i am pretty convinced on Sitthichai victory.

It will be the fight of the year for me,and a fight even better can coming,Sitthichai vs Petrosyan if petrosyan comeback to glory,he can enter in a tournament to be the challanger for sure,because i think the matchmakers can like a lot if Petrosyan defeat Sitthichai and face Ristie again.

Sitthichai vs Giorgio Petrosyan ->This fight have to happen.

I think Andy ristie, Petrosyan Yodsanklai would be tougher matchups in kickboxing rules than Robin van Roosmalen.

He just recently lost to Dylan Salvador though, which is interesting because Dylan has been losing quite a few of his fights recently.

Jab, jab, body kick, body kick. Hell, he might even be able to get quick collar ties and knee van Roosmalen in the face. The Pinto fight was a long time ago, but RVR had no defenses when clinching. Also isn't RVR's power a bit overrated? He's described as a monstrous puncher but he doesn't put a lot of people away.

Easier fight on paper than the two guys he just beat.

Didn't know Rvr fought Pinto, but by judging from the video he pretty much got outclassed by Pinto

I see Sittichai picking Robin apart from the outside, much like Petro did.

I agree. Sittichai has proven that he has the ring IQ and the power to deal with hard charging opponents. RVR's inflexible style won't be enough to trouble him. Petrosyan Sittichai is the fight I'm really looking forward to.

He's described as a monstrous puncher but he doesn't put a lot of people away.

that's what I always wondered. Puts his combos well together but isn't a powerpuncher, just has the body of one.

that's what I always wondered. Puts his combos well together but isn't a powerpuncher, just has the body of one.

He has power he's just fighting elite opponents plus is one dimensional (not saying I dislike that dimension). The punches that ko you are the ones you don't see coming but most see his punches coming. Even zambidis beat the shit out of many opponents without knocking some of them out.
Which Glory LW hits harder than Roosmalen? Ristie hits hard and Roosmalen had the visibly harder punches between the 2 of them.
Ko % is dceiving and gives you only a rough picture of pure power. In boxing Vitali Klitschko had the highest ko % out of all HW champs higher than Foreman while Ernie Shavers didn't even have that high of a ko %

i think grigorian has more power

Back