Social Skateboarding Is An Art

Iron Mang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This is probably the hardest video of street skating that I have ever seen! :eek: Nyjah absolutely murders everything in the vid!

I thought Yuto would be catching up to Nyjah soon, but damn I am just left in awe here. He even pays homage to Yuto in the vid by doing his trick (nollie backside 270 to noseslide), that Yuto did to win SLS in Jacksonville this past year. Enjoy the vid, Sherbros!!

POST #40 - Skater of the Year poll link to Thrasher, with vids included.

POST #80 - Link to 006 Untitled vid on Thrasher, with some great street skating.

Last edited:
Never got into skating myself, but I've always admired the stubbornness of people who stick with it and take the falls in order to git gud.

I once sat down on the board and went down a hill, somehow came off the board and continued sliding down the hill on my ass. Sheared about 10 pounds of skin off my butt cheeks. That was it for my boarding career.

Been riding BMX since I was 14 and still do. I do love to watch skate videos though and SLS contests.

I'm a big fan of the Vans Propeller series and King of the Road. I find that skate videos are shot and edited very well on average, something other alternative sports always end up copying or looking to for inspiration. And now there's some crossover as we're seeing Chris Gregson filming BMX videos for Vans and other companies which has been awesome seeing how he captures something I love in a completely different way than what I'm used to seeing.

This is probably the hardest video of street skating that I have ever seen! :eek: Nyjah absolutely murders everything in the vid!

I thought Yuto would be catching up to Nyjah soon, but damn I am just left in awe here. He even pays homage to Yuto in the vid by doing his trick (nollie backside 270 to noseslide), that Yuto did to win SLS in Jacksonville this past year. Enjoy the vid, Sherbros!!

How much do the pros make? Is there a league, like the NBA or UFC for skateboarding?

Checkmate.

skateboard-slide.gif

How much do the pros make? Is there a league, like the NBA or UFC for skateboarding?

Pros these days can actually make some really good money, compared to pros 20 years ago. The guy on the OP is a multimillionaire off of skating. The only thing close to an official league that I know of, is Street League, founded by Rob Dyrdek. The sport is still evolving and is now an official Olympic event as well.

"Pro" is kind of broad term when it comes to alternative sports. Some guys make enough based on royalties on signature products, photo shoots, and road trips to make content for the companies that sponsor them. Other guys like Nyjah have big corporate sponsors and rake in millions per year since their visibility at the big contests and Olympics is pretty mainstream.

The guys in SLS do very well financially. Other pros that just want that skateboarding lifestyle may not be living as large, but they're getting by as long as they don't do dumb shit with their money.

Pros these days can actually make some really good money, compared to pros 20 years ago. The guy on the OP is a multimillionaire off of skating. The only thing close to an official league that I know of, is Street League, founded by Rob Dyrdek. The sport is still evolving and is now an official Olympic event as well.

I think social media has really changed the revenue streams for pros these days. 20 years ago the Xgames, Gravity games, and MTV sports and music Festivals(among other contests) were offering huge prize money because the sponsors were willing to fund the contests. I can't remember on the 9 Club who said, but the quote went something like this, "This isn't 2004 any more, 4th place isn't worth what it used to be" as they were talking about the lack of interest in contests these days.

It's kinda ghey tbh. Skating culture was the same as roller blading, both ghey. Then somehow skating was edgy and cool. Still hard gay.

It's just a sport/recreational activity. Yes, there are some masters out there that make you go "holy shit!", but you can say the same thing for beer pong players doing stupidly impossible trick shots on Youtube.

Lol catch me on the soap shoes or not at all nerds.

I hate Nyjah but you can't front on the mans skill and consistency.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back