Multiplatform Skull and Bones **In beta

Where's your faith in this property at?

• Total voters
Looks pretty cool, I’m really hesitant to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt on anything but I’ll admit what they showed looks pretty awesome assuming the ship to ship combat isn’t garbage.

No campaign and only ship combat, no swashbuckling and such. Also releasing as a live service game.

Gonna be a hard pass for me.

I was interested but since reveal my expectations and interest dived especially when they said they have to release it soon no matter the state because of some agreement with singapore or w/e. You know what that means for game development

I'm interested. A proper pirate game could be awesome. Imagine the online MP potential in something like that.
Agreed. Sea Of Thieves is pretty fun but suffers from cartoonish graphics, and too many fantasy elements. A realistic multiplayer pirate game would be really great. I mean, it doesn’t have to be super realistic. But a more realistic aesthetic would certainly be welcome.

Official gameplay overview trailer on the 'golden age of piracy' – Standard and Premium Editions available for preorder:

Official gameplay overview trailer on the 'golden age of piracy' – Standard and Premium Editions available for preorder:

I think if this had come out years ago i'd be on-board (no pun intended), but at this point in my life i just don't care for it.

Realistically this should have been out within 5 years after Black Flag released.

I think if this had come out years ago i'd be on-board (no pun intended), but at this point in my life i just don't care for it.

Realistically this should have been out within 5 years after Black Flag released.
It was originally a planned Black Flag DLC... to give you an idea how long it has been in development.

It was originally a planned Black Flag DLC... to give you an idea how long it has been in development.

I know that don't worry, and that's my point. It should have been out years ago to capitalize on Black Flag's popularity, but instead they rebooted it a bunch of times and almost cancelled it.

So no on foot combat?
Good Q. Don't think I saw any – only naval and boarding, deck skirmish. Some woozy knife fight for life on sands you've washed up on would be a cool idea, or then two pirates picking up sharp driftwood and going to melee town.

No campaign, the new Infamy system, trade routes, enemy armadas, and more:

Unlike most of Ubisoft’s open-world games, Skull and Bones does not have a campaign. “It is definitely not a storyline-driven game,” says Barnard. “You don't finish Skull & Bones and have credits and a cutscene at the end. It's something we want to perpetuate as a live game for years and years to come.”

As you explore the ocean you’ll discover trade routes, hidden islands, and enemy armadas. Each one is a new opportunity to fill your hold with booty and raise your infamy. And the more infamous you become, the more you’ll be respected by the world’s characters.

Infamy is Skull and Bones’ progression system. As you increase your infamy rank, you’ll unlock the ability to captain more impressive ships and experience the game’s higher-level opportunities.

More from IGN plus greater detail here.

Title has been confirmed delayed by developer as of late yesterday; this makes for the fifth delay in the game's production if you can believe it.

Reason given was player backlash to and disappointment in game's shallow play. Must be really bad if Ubi is acting on the negative feedback because not much has stopped them before from dumping QA onto year-one guinea pigs.

Wonder that means for the contracted stuff with the Singapore government, guessing it must be released by the end of the FY2022 which may run past the New Year for Ubisoft

Title has been confirmed delayed by developer as of late yesterday; this makes for the fifth delay in the game's production if you can believe it.

Reason given was player backlash to and disappointment in game's shallow play. Must be really bad if Ubi is acting on the negative feedback because not much has stopped them before from dumping QA onto year-one guinea pigs.

Delayed due to complaints about the gameplay?
That’s not an easy fix. We talking a year long delay?

Anyone signing up for the closed beta? It starts today. Will let you play for 6 hours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back