Skynet is here

We had all the signs and every opportunity to stop it but we didn't. Bye bye everyone.

DcrA.gif

Not sure about Skynet, but maybe this guy

google deepmind has been running these demos for years and people were calling them hoaxes until open AI

So here is something entertaining..

DARPA as most people know has been involved with the advancement of human like robots (they funded Boston Dynamics for example). Well, DARPA also created the Information Awareness Office

And get this.. This is their logo!

IAO-logo.png

Human like robots and mass surveillance under the same roof? If anything is giving off Skynet vibes this has to be up there
Very illuminating.

F$ck me.

Why you people are so dull? You can create the best scripted bot out there. That's what is. A bot and always will be. Will process only the information it gets scripted to it. Nothing more. All this is just for show, to make people talk. Because when everyone talks then someone out there makes money out of it.

You putting egg in and you will get an egg back.

Put egg in and take chicken out and you will impress me. Yet to see it.

If only you were a robot you could construct full coherent sentences.

F$ck me.

Why you people are so dull? You can create the best scripted bot out there. That's what is. A bot and always will be. Will process only the information it gets scripted to it. Nothing more. All this is just for show, to make people talk. Because when everyone talks then someone out there makes money out of it.

You putting egg in and you will get an egg back.

Put egg in and take chicken out and you will impress me. Yet to see it.
Modern AI isn't scripted at all, that's why it's a big deal

Modern AI isn't scripted at all, that's why it's a big deal
How they are not?

They are tasked to do stuff humans would do. Driving cars, putting dishes away etc. They don't think outside the box, coming with ideas humans would never do. Something which have use for us but makes no sense or right to exist.

How they are not?

They are tasked to do stuff humans would do. Driving cars, putting dishes away etc. They don't think outside the box, coming with ideas humans would never do. Something which have use for us but makes no sense or right to exist.

But they aren't programmed in the sense of "if this then do that, else do this, etc.."

Basically AI's are trained on massive amounts of data and the result is emergent. Nobody really understands how they work, so if an AI system does something unusual you can't just debug it like a traditional piece of software and look to see how it came to that decision because there is no code driving it. The input goes into the giant matrix (which is the result of the training) and the output comes out. And there are many paths it can take so the output is not always the same.

There are many examples of AI's "learning" to do things totally unexpected, like being able to understand languages that it was never explicitly taught,

How they are not?

they are good for running ideas past problems that humans can't solve. that's the problem.

where, example plz
so not everyone thinks on the same wave lenght and some people have bigger ideas than others. If you are working on a team you have to focus on the group dynamic and cater to individual ideas. A creative utilising the machine can just run ideas back and forth uncontested, and also use it to condition their thoughts to fit into the group dynamic. People need to bounce ideas back and forth and if someone is having a difficult time getting this from people or a group the AI is very reassuring in this regard. This is why we have introverts who don't feel like they have an actual place in the group as they can't express their ideas properly. Humans are also bound by self referential logic, so if they encounter something unfamiliar they will skirt around the problem and avoid the situation or identify it as crazy.

An example of this would say totally hypothetically but something like ... two archaeologists are digging in the desert. One is an atheist the other is a Evangelist Christian. They discover a gold covenant while digging. The atheist thinks it is likely an Egyptian burial object. The Evangeist thinks it is the Ark of the Covenant. Both sides know nothing of one anothers works and both sides think the other side is crazy for not admitting what it is. There is a disconnect and the two fall out. Funding is pulled and the mission dropped. In an alternate reality both sides use AI to cross check the other's POV and form an amicable solution. It also props up people's ideas who may not be willing to speak up at the fear of seeing stupid.

Here's an example I asked Gemini to make:
A product design team for a fitness tracker can leverage AI to bridge the gap between diverse perspectives. The engineer might use AI to explore technical limitations, while the data scientist could employ it to analyze user behavior patterns. The fitness expert could utilize AI to understand optimal exercise routines, and the designer could use it to generate creative and user-friendly interface options. By fostering communication and using AI as a collaborative tool, the team can create a fitness tracker that seamlessly integrates functionality, personalized goals, and a user-friendly design.

You guys are thinking about fucking the robot, I am thinking where can I invest in robotics. We are not the same.

still gonna fuck the good looking robot

Asimov's Laws

The First Law
: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
This shit concerns me the most. They could cause all sorts of misery in the process of preventing our physical harm.

Maybe we could build a stadium around this event and sell coke and hookers outside?
...or even better, inside. Have the hooker come directly to their seats carrying a mirror with lines of coke on it.

Back