Skyrim Special Edition

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
It's coming people! Our friends at FudgeMuppet are bringing Skyrim builds back in celebration of the Special Edition coming soon. Due to their dedication, they have been given access to the PS4 version of the Special Edition TODAY. They're of course working on editing and uploading tons of videos but here's a quick breakdown featuring enhanced light, dept of perception and field of view improvements. Enjoy!

Why would you ever want to play an Elder scrolls game on console?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

Are you crazy? I don't want to! But the video I posted was made with the PS4 version, I couldn't mislead my fellow gamers. Don't worry, FudgeMuppet will spend hours creating HD videos when the game is out on PC.

Remember, it' coming out October 28. They got a week pre-access on PS4, why not take advantage of it?

Here's another video, on Xbox this time. It seems Bethesda is sending pre-access console copies to their loyal followers. The guy in this one tweeked the settings to give more frame rate and a better idea of what PC version will look like.

I didn't watch it all yet but it does look even more stunning than the first video.

Looks good and all, but with 200+ hours put into the original(and counting), I doubt I'll be picking this up.

Spent 60 quid on this the first time around....am I going to spend 60 quid on it again? Quite possibly.

Basically, if you get it on the Bone you are getting the same experience PC players got 5 years ago. On the PS4, sadly not since Sony isn't letting them add mod support (WTF Sony, I was rooting for you too). It actually makes sense though if you are an Xbox player. I remember running this game with a bunch of graphics mods on a 6870 and an AMD 640 or whatever it was. 6 months later I was at my friends and he was showing me his character, and I remember being blown away with how much shittier it looked on the 360. It's one remake I don't fault them for doing, because it legitimately a different and much better game on the Bone than it was on the 360. If you have played it on the computer though, then yeah you have no reason to buy it. And if I remember correctly, this was the first time I saw @Madmick turn into a PC convert. It was really just that much better on PC that I would give a 6/10 on console and 9/10 on PC

Because I don't want to pour a shit ton of money into a PC just so I can play games

The pricing is no different than upgrading to the newer consoles every 3-4 years. Initial price is roughly three times that of a console because of the peripherals. Though those peripherals are equivalent to a TV price for a console gamer; an item that will be replaced every decade or so.

The pricing is no different than upgrading to the newer consoles every 3-4 years. Initial price is roughly three times that of a console because of the peripherals. Though those peripherals are equivalent to a TV price for a console gamer; an item that will be replaced every decade or so.

One of my best friends is a PC gamer and it just seems like he is always pouring money into that thing. I'm too much of a casual gamer to commit to dropping that much cash on something for games. Plus the majority of the shit I play is retro stuff so wouldn't really even be all that worth it.

One of my best friends is a PC gamer and it just seems like he is always pouring money into that thing.

He isnt being cost effective then. One thing Pc gamers do when they first start out is not being wise in their initial peripheral purchases. For instance my Pc Tower is 14 years old and i see no need to replace it before i die.

One of my best friends is a PC gamer and it just seems like he is always pouring money into that thing. I'm too much of a casual gamer to commit to dropping that much cash on something for games. Plus the majority of the shit I play is retro stuff so wouldn't really even be all that worth it.

You are into retro gaming, and the PC would not be worth it? Seeing as you can download emulators for NES, SNES and just about every other older console and then play pretty much every game ever for those I don't understand why you would not want to do that on PC.

Also, a lot of people drop money into there PC not because they have to but because they want to. Heck I dropped extra money just so I could have a case with a side panel window, LED case fans, color cable extensions and cable combs, just to make my rig look good.

You are into retro gaming, and the PC would not be worth it? Seeing as you can download emulators for NES, SNES and just about every other older console and then play pretty much every game ever for those I don't understand why you would not want to do that on PC.

Also, a lot of people drop money into there PC not because they have to but because they want to. Heck I dropped extra money just so I could have a case with a side panel window, LED case fans, color cable extensions and cable combs, just to make my rig look good.

My current crap PC that I got in 09 runs all the emulators I need, so I don't need to upgrade :0

That is not out of necessity, that is out of addiction. If you scroll up to my previous post, that graphics card I was talking about that I played skyrim on was basically what is in the PS4 and that was in like 2011 for $200. Now I have a water cooled 980 Ti and max out everything at 3440x1440. I don't need it, I just want it. To breath, to feel, to know I'm alive

Basically, if you get it on the Bone you are getting the same experience PC players got 5 years ago. On the PS4, sadly not since Sony isn't letting them add mod support (WTF Sony, I was rooting for you too). It actually makes sense though if you are an Xbox player. I remember running this game with a bunch of graphics mods on a 6870 and an AMD 640 or whatever it was. 6 months later I was at my friends and he was showing me his character, and I remember being blown away with how much shittier it looked on the 360. It's one remake I don't fault them for doing, because it legitimately a different and much better game on the Bone than it was on the 360. If you have played it on the computer though, then yeah you have no reason to buy it. And if I remember correctly, this was the first time I saw @Madmick turn into a PC convert. It was really just that much better on PC that I would give a 6/10 on console and 9/10 on PC
Sony is allowing mods.

Looks good and all, but with 200+ hours put into the original(and counting), I doubt I'll be picking this up.
Well, the Special Edition's target audience are people with 200+ hours. You're at the cutoff, don't be ashamed. I'm close to 400 hours total in Skyrim and I'm definitely playing it once more. It will be fun, there are tons of new builds out there and ways to combine mods to make the game incredibly addictive. Have you tried mod playing? You can add hundreds of spells and abilities when you combine them right!

When there's role-playing opportunities in a HD environment, count me in! It's fun when you know all the map by heart and can experience the subtle differences. For example, you can now see cities from far away when you're outside. You can recognize buildings before even entering the city. It doesn't change the game itself but it adds a lot to the immersion experience.

Gotta go, my download of Civilization VI is finished at last. It will help me wait until Oct 28, when Skyrim Special Edition comes out!

That is not out of necessity, that is out of addiction. If you scroll up to my previous post, that graphics card I was talking about that I played skyrim on was basically what is in the PS4 and that was in like 2011 for $200. Now I have a water cooled 980 Ti and max out everything at 3440x1440. I don't need it, I just want it. To breath, to feel, to know I'm alive
Exactly. I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer because I never "tweak" my machine. I just make sure I can enjoy the game with high settings, no need to go "ultra-extra-FPS-1080p" each second. I tweak the game settings instead of tweaking hardware. Hardcore gamers can easily name their graphic cards with all the specs: I have to open my settings to tell you!

Of course, my machine is not garbage but it's 4 years old and I didn't add new hardware. I doesn't stop me from pouring hundreds of hours in, mostly on RPG like Skyrim and Fallout or Strategy Games like Civilization. No need for extra-high FPS for those game: just high enough to exceed the minimum requirements.

I could play a FPS shooter if I wanted too but my experience would be severely limited by lack of recent hardware...

Last edited:
Back