Sleepwalk's "Watching Wrestling With Non-Fans"

My chick has been making me watch Smackdown with her because of Roman Reigns :mad:

Might post tidbits from her casual viewer commentary next time.

Wife: Honey, I love you but ,if Roman Reigns ever ended up on my phone, we might need to have a talk.

Me: Fair enough but remember that the college girls who are angry at their dads, run-of-the-mill badge bunnies, and the nice old lady who runs the authentic Jamaican joint two blocks away are all a lot more accessible than Roman Reigns.

Wife: Millennials and head cases? Ha. And Miss Nora? You think I give you shit for leaving your shit all over? That woman runs a tight ship.

Wife: Honey, I love you but ,if Roman Reigns ever ended up on my phone, we might need to have a talk.

Me: Fair enough but remember that the college girls who are angry at their dads, run-of-the-mill badge bunnies, and the nice old lady who runs the authentic Jamaican joint two blocks away are all a lot more accessible than Roman Reigns.

Wife: Millennials and head cases? Ha. And Miss Nora? You think I give you shit for leaving your shit all over? That woman runs a tight ship.
Can I have miss Nora's number?

My five-year-old watching Kevin Owens' rain delay promo:"He has a dinosaur tattoo."
Me: "Yeah. Yeah, he does. A T-Rex."
Him: "I think he's the guy who is always the loser."
Me: "Why?"
Him: "He looks like he's a short number feet tall."

Last edited:
Can I have miss Nora's number?
tenor.gif

My favorite match to show people is the 10 man tag from the Feb 7 2000 Raw.

Me: "It's the week after Wrestlemania. They always fire a bunch of people and they started today."
Wife: "Who did they let go?"
Me: "I don't think anyone you recognize."
Wife: "Huh. I guess that's why they're getting rid of them."
Me:
<6><bball2>bork1}

Asked the wife if she would watch Dark Side of the Ring with me so I could get her reactions. We watched "Last of the Von Erichs." I don't think I heard her exclaim, "Jesus Christ!" that many times during the entire season of Invincible.

Last edited:
Watching NXT with my father-in-law:

Bron Breakker-
"That guy's built kind of like Brock."

Dakota Kai/Raquel Gonzalez street fight-
"Are these two still fighting? They already had a commercial."

The Creed Brothers-
"These guys are going to lose. I can tell because they don't look like clowns."

I'm scrolling through YouTube with my six-year-old laying against my chest and arm and feeling him startle as I pass a picture of The Fiend.

Me: "You okay buddy?"

Him: "Yeah."

Me not being too convinced: "See something scary?"

Him: "Yeah."

Me: "Don't be scared. It was just some fat guy in a clown mask."

Him: "Bwah ha ha ha! Fat guy in a clown mask!"

Watching NXT with Mrs Sleepwalk:

Dexter Lumis vs Tony D'Angelo
"What's the Italian guy's character? Who's he supposed to be."
"He's the Italian guy."
"Like he's mobbed up or something?"
"Yeah."
"Low level. He's got long hair. Furio was an enforcer. A boss cleans up."

Fallon Henley vs Elektra Lopez
"How does she make it through an airport carrying those bombs?"

Bron Breakker vs Robert Roode
"Big guy looks like a Trapper Keeper."

Watching NXT with Mrs Sleepwalk:

Dexter Lumis vs Tony D'Angelo
"What's the Italian guy's character? Who's he supposed to be."
"He's the Italian guy."
"Like he's mobbed up or something?"
"Yeah."
"Low level. He's got long hair. Furio was an enforcer. A boss cleans up."
He’s not becoming a Don until Stand and Deliver

This weekend.

My son (6) and daughter (9) watching the ladder match at Stand & Deliver
Both: Dad who's the champion?
Me: The guy in the blue trunks.
Both: We want the champion to win. The champion is the best so we want the best guy to win. (Awww)
Daughter: Omigosh! Daddy! That guy just fell all the way. Off. A. Ladder!

Podcast friend's podcast friend who doesn't watch wrestling on...
Vince McMahon-
"How old is that guy?"
"76 years old"
"Why would he..."
*Vinnie Mac takes his shirt off*
"Jesus! How? 76?!"

Pat McAfee-
"How is he doing all of this? He's a podcaster! I mean, he's an athlete but what the hell."

I managed to convince my girlfriend (who I'm sure is "the one" so I'm going to propose eventually) to watch all of Night 1 of Mania and some of Night 2. She's 46 and hasn't watched since she was a kid so she missed the whole Attitude Era. She actually enjoyed it way more than she or I thought she would. Her favorite was the Johnny Knoxville / Sami Zayn match and she also liked the two women's matches on Night 1 (she trains BJJ and loves Rousey.) On the surface it would look like she found a new hobby out of something she hasn't experienced in decades but really I think it just shows how committed she is to me and how much she respects my interests. I kept saying, "Sorry this is so boring, it should have been better" and she kept saying, "It's NOT boring at all, I'm having a great time!!" It's definitely a different experience watching it with the uninitiated.

Back