snapdowns for mma/street fighting?

Dangrabbit**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Can you use a snapdown to a front headlock in a fight situation? This is a very common move in all of grappling, but I have never really seen it used in a fight or heard anyone talk about its application to a fight. I have seen guys snatch front headlocks during a flurry of punches while the other guy lowers his head to dodge, but never a true snapdown to the front headlock. If anyone has gifs of this being used in a fight it would be great.

I learned my unstoppable snapdown to DDT streetfighting technique from this man. . . .

27977.gif

Highly effective, of course. And as far as that "multiple opponents" bullshit goes, also a good tool in the toolbox, because you can put the guy you're choking between yourself and his friend to create distance to make it very difficult to punch you, and disengage if need be when the victim is out or just to run away. Plus you avoid having to pull guard into AIDS lava swimming with needles and barbed wire jellyfish.

You just have to careful that once you've choked the guy out, you put him down gently and don't just drop his limp body, otherwise he'll most likely fall backwards and whip his skull into the concrete and you'll get arrested for murder. Examples... uh... Big Van Vader vs Disrespectful News Reporter.

Highly effective, of course. And as far as that "multiple opponents" bullshit goes, also a good tool in the toolbox, because you can put the guy you're choking between yourself and his friend to create distance to make it very difficult to punch you, and disengage if need be when the victim is out or just to run away. Plus you avoid having to pull guard into AIDS lava swimming with needles and barbed wire jellyfish.

You just have to careful that once you've choked the guy out, you put him down gently and don't just drop his limp body, otherwise he'll most likely fall backwards and whip his skull into the concrete and you'll get arrested for murder. Examples... uh... Big Van Vader vs Disrespectful News Reporter.

But would the upright fighting stance change it? it's easier to acquire in wrestling because of a low bent over stance

Thai Plum>snap down>guillotine

Just don't get your head stomped flat in the street.

Very hard to do if someone is in a good upright stance in MMA. In the street? Against an untrained opponent just about anything works.

Cormier was snapping Barnett down all over the place, and even using snap downs to set up knees to the head.

Highly effective with practice, much like everything else.

If someone is so upright that you can't do this, doesn't shooting for their legs become easier?

When you bump a thread where your question was answered in full, you prove you are trolling.

LOLOLOL Dangrabbit. Fuck yeah snap downs

Back