Snowflake-virgin-noob question: are perry and reyes still recoverable with such fucked up noses?

NMcCauley

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
When I see them fight, I feel they are totally scared of receiving damage to their noses. They got their noses severely damaged in previous fights so it seems this is conditioning a lot their performance, both mentally and psicologically.

Can they recover from this? Is there a surgical solution for it?

I mean....look at this...

960x0.jpg

1-2.png

So, there isn't a surgical procedure that can heal the nose back to full strength? That's weird, most other bone breaks can heal back to full strength.

You can get surgery like Wand and Nick Diaz

You can get surgery like Wand and Nick Diaz

And it gets fully fixed? Then why Perry and Reyes don't go for it inmediately. They shouldn't fight again until they get their noses fixed IMHO...it's conditioning their performance so much...

Rich Franklin did his thing with a destroyed nose

One of the reasons I bet on Jiri, I knew that nose would compromise his performance and durability. It's literally a weakness in combat sports to have a nose bridge that protrudes so far from your face.

It's such an easy target and once it breaks the pain can become unbearable, gasses you out, effects your vision, etc. Luckily Rose dispatched of Zhang pretty quickly, because I have no doubt that nose of hers will be her undoing sooner than later.

Last edited:
There's no way Mike Perry just left his nose like that haha, dude absolutely got it attended to with surgery.

Here he is after nose surgery still with pretty bad bruising from the injury.
4sz2jkb68ug31.png

I thought fighters wait until their career is over to fix their nose because most likely it’ll break again?
This. There is no reason to go through the final surgery to fix it for real when you have a high probability of breaking it again.

I remember a hockey player named Jeff Courtnal that had the worst nose in hockey and then as soon as he retired he got it fixed and looked 100% better. The reporter asked why he didn't do it sooner and he said he didn't want to do the surgery 6 times. haha

the solution is not to fight anymore
their noses will always be fucked up whenever they take damage to it

just ask rory mac

Reyes nose is bad for face punching contest. You need to get that literally flattened until your career is over and it will be more beneficial than getting surgery on a giant nose.

You need like a Shane Mosley nose. And get surgery after your fighting career is over.

Reyes and guys like him I love watching them fight because that big nose is going to get rearranged.

perry had a horrific break. You almost have to repair that. Somehow. I have t seen one like that before w

Back