So about khabibs striking and chin

Gervais

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To build the fight up we were told the man cant strike and is as basic as they come. If he doesnt take to the ground asap he is gonna sleep. So is he better striker than we thought or has he not fought a good striker yet?

His hands looked much better than expected tonight. He’s much faster than he is given credit for.

Too bad he’s unlikely to be sanctioned to fight for a long time.

Technically still flawed. But for MMA, combined with his wrestling, more effective than Conor's.

His chin wasn't an issue.

To build the fight up we were told the man cant strike and is as basic as they come. If he doesnt take to the ground asap he is gonna sleep. So is he better striker than we thought or has he not fought a good striker yet?
Man... these thread are dead lol.. all the deep throaters went dark

Man... these thread are dead lol.. all the deep throaters went dark
Bro obviously conor is the better boxer. But they built khabib as a bum from the street and conor the greatest striker ever. Even pros and great analyst felt for it

I have to be honest... Conor looked stiff in there.

people still dont understand that you cant separate mma into striking and grappling. its about mixing it up, 1 dimensional strikers are only good vs other 1 dimensional fighters, khabib gives you takedown threat and KO threat at the same time, its very effective.

Funny how Khabib was the one that dropped Conor with punches and Conor didn’t do shit. Outclassed even in striking, lmao. Conor is shit.

KHABIB vs MAYWEATHER !!!
Lets bring Pride back to MMA,, McWeisels done

What surprised me is that Khabib won stand up battle! Fantastic fight.

Conor scared of take downs and worn out. Khabib does have a good chin tho and his hands were pretty fast in there.

people still dont understand that you cant separate mma into striking and grappling. its about mixing it up, 1 dimensional strikers are only good vs other 1 dimensional fighters, khabib gives you takedown threat and KO threat at the same time, its very effective.
Exactly and we seen this so many times. But with the hype we all forgot this

That is because Joe Rogan kept saying bullshit about Khabib in Al Iaquinta and Michael Johnson fights. "omg, he's hurt Mike, he's hurt!" when in reality he took maybe 1 punch on the chin from Johnson and wasn't even wobbled. In reality he has competent striking. It's a bit clunky but it's effective and he has good defence. RDA is a fairly good striker who stopped Cerrone and Benson on the feet and outstruck Diaz on the feet. Yet Khabib basically outpointed him in stand up due to octagon control. His stand up wasn't any worse than RDA's stand-up, that's for sure. He also looked slightly better than Barboza on the feet. So his striking is not as bad as people made it out to be, some fans just got hypnotized by Rogan's biased bullshit.

His sloppiness is starting to become Fedor good

I'll give him the respect he deserves, he is a far better striker than I gave him credit for. He closes the distance with his strikes faster than I thought. I never imagined he would ever be competitive with Conor on the feet.

But Conor still go the better of the striking portion(imo of course)

His hands looked much better than expected tonight. He’s much faster than he is given credit for.

Too bad he’s unlikely to be sanctioned to fight for a long time.
He will fight in. Russia next vs Tony... chills down my spine

Back