So Alec Baldwin just killed a woman

First, it was the Director of Photography (DOP or cinematographer) and director, not a production assistant.

The links above explain the details, but the short version is they were lining up the scene to be filmed and he was rehearsing drawing and firing the gun toward the camera.

Imagine this:

Still not a lot of details, but if using both live ammo and blanks in the same firearm on set is normal, I'm surprised there's not a whole lot more shootings.
I'm not even sure why they'd need live ammo, or if that's being reported correctly.

Then don't go to fucking movies. Movies and TV are two far different things mainly due to time constraints and budget.
I am sorry, but damn you said some dumb shit.

Yeah and I described the only reason those differences exist. There wasn't an option of telling long form stories when moving pictures first became a thing hence why the 2 hour version has the label rather than any video.

Yeah and I described the only reason those differences exist. There wasn't an option of telling long form stories when moving pictures first became a thing hence why the 2 hour version has the label rather than any video.

no you just said some more stupid fucking shit. movies are much different than shows in their structure. also movies are more artistic while shows are more info dumps.

anthologies are 30 mins to an hour standalones, movies are 90-3 hours about. tv shows can be seasonal 22 episodes or 10 and you have limited series and mini series and etc. so many different formats that are different for a reason

Sorry but your arguments are at idiot level at best. Please learn more shit before posting.

I'm calling it now, it'll turn out Alec Baldwin has some sick gun fetish like Phil Spector did.

It's funny seeing people post pictures of Alec "distraught" and "in tears"... did they forget he's a famous actor? ACTOR?

Now that is an interesting take! I did not even think about that.

Not a fan of the person, but he is a pretty good actor. I will give hime the benefit of the doubt. But interesting indeed.

no you just said some more stupid fucking shit. movies are much different than shows in their structure. also movies are more artistic while shows are more info dumps.

anthologies are 30 mins to an hour standalones, movies are 90-3 hours about. tv shows can be seasonal 22 episodes or 10 and you have limited series and mini series and etc. so many different formats that are different for a reason

Sorry but your arguments are at idiot level at best. Please learn more shit before posting.

And I explained to you why that is. Instead of appreciating the history lesson you started throwing ad hominens.

In the beginning movies were the only format available regardless of genre. In a cinema movie you're telling less story and making more profit and that's because cinema movies are a legacy industry and an experience people were already used to.

Did they explain why he pointed it at her? Was she behind the camera and he was pointing it at the camera?

This post has some very hilarious evocations and made me laugh a lot

Too many variables...I'm going to do the unheard of and wait for the official report.

On a cinematography forum I'm on, they have a screen shot of a crew member of Rust saying most of the crew had walked off the set because of safety issues (including improper firearms handling) and not getting paid. They all wrote up a letter and sent it to the producers explaining why they were walking off. Then apparently they were replaced by non-union workers.

This story is going to get really messy for Baldwin, as he's also a producer on the movie. Other producers MAYBE can say "hey, I didn't know what was going on, I was never on set, I just wrote a cheque", but Baldwin knew all about this shit because he's on set every day.

So he can talk about how he's so shocked and his sympathies go out to the family of the victim all he wants, he CONSCIOUSLY REFUSED to provide a safe working environment for her. She probably felt pressured (maybe she was even threatened) not to walk off with the rest of the crew and as a result she's no longer with us. Sad!

v0xqr5ys42v71.png

Don’t know the details, but doubt Baldwin will be charged with anything. If Baldwin always worked with the lady who verified the ammo in the guns, and he knew her to be under qualified or drugged up or something, it might be a different. Baldwin probably pays out a hefty amount in civil court regardless.

pretty sad and pointless death. Basic safety checks shouldn’t be ignored.

On a cinematography forum I'm on, they have a screen shot of a crew member of Rust saying most of the crew had walked off the set because of safety issues (including improper firearms handling) and not getting paid. They all wrote up a letter and sent it to the producers explaining why they were walking off. Then apparently they were replaced by non-union workers.

This story is going to get really messy for Baldwin, as he's also a producer on the movie. Other producers MAYBE can say "hey, I didn't know what was going on, I was never on set, I just wrote a cheque", but Baldwin knew all about this shit because he's on set every day.

So he can talk about how he's so shocked and his sympathies go out to the family of the victim all he wants, he CONSCIOUSLY REFUSED to provide a safe working environment for her. She probably felt pressured (maybe she was even threatened) not to walk off with the rest of the crew and as a result she's no longer with us. Sad!

v0xqr5ys42v71.png

Interesting stuff. The details of Baldwin's role as producer, coupled with his actions as an actor, might end up burying the guy.

Interesting stuff. The details of Baldwin's role as producer, coupled with his actions as an actor, might end up burying the guy.

This is going to end him for sure IMO. Every news story I've seen is portraying him as this innocent sympathetic figure, which is totally off base.

Alec Baldwin is not just another actor here, he's one of the bosses (probably the main boss) of the production. He can't pass it off on an unqualified firearms guy, because he's the one who put that unqualified firearms guy there in the first place.

You have a crew who verbalized their concerns about a dangerous workplace to the producers (which includes Baldwin) - a crew that was so worried about what they saw that they walked off set. Instead of addressing these concerns, not only does Alec decide to move forward with this unsafe work environment, he's the one who physically fires the gun and kills the woman.

And eventually it will come out what Alec was doing at the time of the shooting. When Brandon Lee got shot, the actor had a reason to be pointing a gun at him and pulling the trigger, as they were filming a scene. Was Alec filming a scene or was he just playing around with it, having it pointed at someone for no reason? Will be interesting to see.

Back