So Bisping gets crucifed for fighting old man Hendo for his first defence

I remember the name yeah. Everyone changed their nicks,hard to keep up.

everyone called him “DeB”, and he went by “American Pretzel” for a while lolz ... he was one of the few at TCM who didn’t hate me back then haha

but it's cool when Izzy does the same thing fighting old man Romero

giphy.gif

This place is too much sometimes.

giphy.gif

You’re doing that really stupid thing people do where you’re assuming that the same people who didn’t like X the first time do like X this time. In reality, in both cases there were some people who were into it and some people who weren’t. That’s how large groups of people work.

I had no problem with Hendo getting his chance. He already had the most vicious ko on the paper champ at the time. Ufc matchmaking blows regardless. Hendo finally getting his shot was far from the worst call the ufc has made imo. I see ur point. If he didn't get a shot it wouldn't have been a crime. I just can't see how it was a problem given his history and what he's done for the sport. He had big fights fall thru including Jon jones in the past so it was kind of the least they could do for the old beast

I think the bigger issue wasn’t so much that Hendo got a shot as it was that Bisping had JUST won the title in what was a major upset after leapfrogging a big chunk of the division due to short notice.

Nobody minded Edgar getting a shot at Holloway despite not being the top contender because Max had already given all the top young guys a shot and was waiting for the next wave of guys to emerge. Bisping would’ve been an underdog against half a dozen different challengers at that point, but they let him go out and handpick a middle aged guy. Most of didn’t hate it merely because everyone loves Hendo and it would’ve been epic if he’d pulled it off.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

[<diva2]
Almost totally different situations. Without searching, I can confidently say the rankings is one big difference out of multiple differences.

[<diva2]
Almost totally different situations. Without searching, I can confidently say the rankings is one big difference out of multiple differences.

Another big difference is Hendo already had a win over him and was you know actually coming off a win...

I know it hurts you to think but give it a try.

I think the bigger issue wasn’t so much that Hendo got a shot as it was that Bisping had JUST won the title in what was a major upset after leapfrogging a big chunk of the division due to short notice.

Nobody minded Edgar getting a shot at Holloway despite not being the top contender because Max had already given all the top young guys a shot and was waiting for the next wave of guys to emerge. Bisping would’ve been an underdog against half a dozen different challengers at that point, but they let him go out and handpick a middle aged guy. Most of didn’t hate it merely because everyone loves Hendo and it would’ve been epic if he’d pulled it off.
bisping definitely wouldve got chewed up by lots of dudes as well as hendo. I didn't hate on either fighter getting their chance. I don't mind seeing fighters who have done a lot for the sport, get gifted a chance at the tail end of their careers. I admire bisping for continuing to fight after that nasty ass ko from hendo, I think that could've retired or spelled the end for a lot of fighters. For bisping to not only come back to fighting, but to win key fights and beat Rockhold, and follow that by beating hendo was glorious to see. I think its sad when ppl shit on fighters that have kept them entertained for years by saying he doesn't deserve a shot or he's a can etc, its just disrespectful. Especially coming from ppl who have no skills except eating potato chips really fast.

He in hometown I get it I get it but wtf so bias wtf they scream when barely touching lollllllll Hendo drop him silent......

Like many have stated Hendo was well outside the top 10 at the time. Mind you at least he had a win going into the bisping fight. But yeah Yoel is top 5 ranked. And the circumstances make more sense here. Given Romero vs Costa was basically for the next shot, and the decision was highly debated. It makes it less egergious that yoel is possibly getting it considering Costa is out injured and not able to immediately take his title fight. He still has his status as number 1 contender, but it dosen't mean fights can't be made while he's out. He simply just takes on the current champ when he's back and healthy and life rolls on. 2nd ranked Whittaker just got smoked by Izzy, 3rd ranked Costa is out injured,5th ranked Cannonier would make sense but I get it that he isn;t well known at the weight yet and only has 3 wins with no previous championship pedigree. So I get them not really being interested in him atm if they want to take a fight while waiting for Costa to heal. 6th ranked Till is ranked right behind Cannonier and has even less fights at the weight, so he also dosen't make sense. And both the 7-8 rank are both also coming off losses. So 4th ranked Yoel is really only one of like 2 possible matches atm while waiting for Costa. And yoel has the most notoriety of those 2.

Because it was Off-TRT Hendo

Adesanya wants Natty God Romero, if you know what i mean

Bisping wanted a rematch with a guy that kod him and people think him a coward?
Bisping was a one eyed warrior whether you like him or not.

And Romero most likely beats Israel if the wars he has been in have not caught up with him like Whitaker. But I suspect his special "supplements" should help with that.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Whilst izzy is willing to fight the same guy over whom bisping shit himself. Crazy isn't it?

Romero is far more dangerous than Hendo. Hendo was a shadow of himself compared to his prime, while Yoel is on a slight decline
I dont think Yoel is on a decline. He was coming on like a machine programmed for violence against Paulo.
Paulo couldnt wait to hear that 3rd round end.

Yoel is a freak

Bisping wanted a rematch with a guy that kod him and people think him a coward?
Bisping was a one eyed warrior whether you like him or not.

And Romero most likely beats Israel if the wars he has been in have not caught up with him like Whitaker. But I suspect his special "supplements" should help with that.

He warrior but still lost fight

Back