So Gordon Ryan is openly admitting steroid use ?

Yeah when we had that Starting Strength thread I noticed the exact same thing in terms of an epidemic of people suddenly needing TRT everywhere in strength training. Who would have thought quality training advice like no cardio and eating to break plateaus would result in some poor effects later in life.

I am a similar age and I definitely don't recover as well as I used to but that's normal. It's part of getting older, I can still do everyhting I used to be able to, I just can't recover from it as easily.
Hahahaha well said. Yup same here, sounds great to take test and be able to run against a wall and still be ok, but not worth being infertile and getting jabbed in the ass twice a week for the rest of my life

Dunno, he seems like for him BJJ was the only real chance in life.
Idk, maybe. Maybe he just has bad luck and his body didn’t react well to what would be a normal stack for bjj athletes, maybe he had to juice so much because he has such a target on his back. It’s hard for me to say but it does look like the damage he’s done to his body at his age is really extraordinary, even if it’s from overtraining I’m not sure what happened, but the guy had to essentially retire for health reasons in his physical prime years which is sad and concerning for his future health

Honestly I've found every niche sport to be full of maniacs.

Pro climbers and kayakers can be absolutely nuts.

Of wrestling, judo and bjj...BJJ has the highest maniac %...

That said some Judo clubs are pretty fucked up..

Idk, maybe. Maybe he just has bad luck and his body didn’t react well to what would be a normal stack for bjj athletes, maybe he had to juice so much because he has such a target on his back. It’s hard for me to say but it does look like the damage he’s done to his body at his age is really extraordinary, even if it’s from overtraining I’m not sure what happened, but the guy had to essentially retire for health reasons in his physical prime years which is sad and concerning for his future health
I think and I cant prove it, but believe that his mental health is compromised as well. Craig Jones though he can be a goofball at times, said that he thinks that when Gordon starts losing due to age or whatever reason, that he will implode as his ego wont be able to handle it. I think there's more going on with Ryan and in particular, with his girl Sonny, then were led to believe. Ive heard rumors involving her at Renzo's that I wont repeat on here but lets just say its pretty wild. Hence B Team being the "Bulls" on their team logo. All Ill say on that. I think having stomach issues can really fuck you up and though its often touted by Rogan that Ryan trains 7 days/365, and while that can be part of the reason hes the best, I think that after awhile people burn out mentally and physically.

I think he juiced for two reasons to be able to push harder in training and benefit from the recovery. He also wanted to fight in the +99 KG division.

I think in a past interview he talked about how most absolute winners were in the over 88 KG. He probably thought size, strength and his skill level he is unstoppable. I do not think he could have hit 99KG of muscle without steroids. Looking at his brother and his physique before elite jiu-jitsu it did not seem he could hit 99 KG naturally.

And probably his stack hurt him

Gordon's been open about PED use from the beginning, mostly by implying it (since there are legal implications to saying it explicitly).

I think that's real and respectable and literally the entire sport at the elite levels is PED city.

I think there's more going on with Ryan and in particular, with his girl Sonny, then were led to believe. Ive heard rumors involving her at Renzo's that I wont repeat on here but lets just say its pretty wild.

What's super weird that she is actively cultivating a "such a slut" persona online. Seems embarrassing for Gordon and she doesn't have an onlyfans so what is the gain from that?

What's super weird that she is actively cultivating a "such a slut" persona online. Seems embarrassing for Gordon and she doesn't have an onlyfans so what is the gain from that?
I also heard rumours from Renzo Gracie guys and some of the now B-Team when I met them.

I think Gordon is really one of those people that does not care what other think. And he trolls to get money and starts fight to gain notoriety

I also heard rumours from Renzo Gracie guys and some of the now B-Team when I met them.

I think Gordon is really one of those people that does not care what other think. And he trolls to get money and starts fight to gain notoriety
He was young and it probably seemed cool at the time and was his first GF. He has openly spoken about it before that she was with other people before they properly got together with ATOS guys from memory. Craig is right on about half these guys being autistic and I mean that in a nice way. They literally eat, sleep train and have no social interaction outside the gym coming up.

My guess is everyone else left him because he was a dick and now he is kinda stuck with her as she does everything when he is sick.

His instructionals are excellent except for the fact he uses her as the demo and the size disparity ruins things. I can't enjoy Danaher, but Gordon is so much more concise.

He has openly spoken about it before that she was with other people before they properly got together with ATOS guys from memory. Craig is right on about half these guys being autistic and I mean that in a nice way.
Has he? Only remember her commenting on instagram that she wants to be gangbanged by the visiting for the ADCC crew (Felipe Pena, Romullo Barral etc).
With the ATOS guys they where claiming a lot of stuff but always seemed that a lot of was cause by her being such an easy target.

Has he? Only remember her commenting on instagram that she wants to be gangbanged by the visiting for the ADCC crew (Felipe Pena, Romullo Barral etc).
With the ATOS guys they where claiming a lot of stuff but always seemed that a lot of was cause by her being such an easy target.
I remember Gordon basically outing something with one of his opponents before a match in an instagram post or interview. Basically backstage groupie type situation at an event with a heap of Brazilians.

I was watching adcc 2003 a few days ago even the back stage stuff it's amazing how different the athletes looked. Like regular guys who workout even guys who at stage looked super muscular like Arona or Cacreco wouldn't look special today.

The guys know are monster look like they've been created in labs. Gordon just one of them. I wonder what the sport would look like if they tested would it look like a timemachine into 20 yrs ago?

I was watching adcc 2003 a few days ago even the back stage stuff it's amazing how different the athletes looked. Like regular guys who workout even guys who at stage looked super muscular like Arona or Cacreco wouldn't look special today.

The guys know are monster look like they've been created in labs. Gordon just one of them. I wonder what the sport would look like if they tested would it look like a timemachine into 20 yrs ago?

So these grappling events don't have drug testing? I mean from looking at the competitors it wouldn't surprise me

Pretty sure they where also juiced hard 20 years ago too.

I am really against the current pushing of TRT as some super safe alternative to PEDS. It's been around for less than 100 years and anything you effectively have to take for life isn't really something I would consider a good medication. If you were required to take antibiotics forever to keep an infection clear, we wouldn't really consider it a successful treatment IMO.

I could literally just go into the docs after a 2-3 day bender and have myself prescribed TRT. No sleep, some alcohol and multiple training sessions daily would have me having the T levels to be prescribed a decent dose.

DOn't get me wrong I would rather no PED use in the sport especially at ADCC, but I am not going to criticize the only guy being honest about it and actually provide a legit source for people to make that poor choice.

Super safe? No.

The point is that if someone is going to be fucking with their hormones, they'd be better off doing it in a regulated way supervised by an MD who's monitoring their levels.

Which is in fact safer than getting injections from a yoked guy at the gym that drives down to Mexico for the weekend every other month.

Not super safe. Just safer.

Yeah, TRT isn't an "alternative" it IS PEDs. It's just at lower doses with a doctor monitoring you and ideally keeping you within rational levels over the long term.

That said it's been heavily overmarketed to men since pharmaceutical companies realized they were leaving half the market untapped and didn't have to limit HRT marketing to women aged 50+.

I don't even think alot of the se doctors who prescribe the TRT are paying attention. A quick Google search turns up 14 clinics around me.

Back