So how can the ufc nip this alleged "acting" for DQ win problem.

You get double the money if you win!!! Dummy
Yeah...that's why it's a terrible structure for fighters. They're professional athletes, they largely don't need the motivation of fighting at half pay to do well. It'd be one thing if the win bonus for the losing fighter went to the winner (which would also be a bad idea), but it goes to the UFC. Which doesn't make sense other than as a cost saving measure.

That's not even getting into bad judging fucking over fighters' salaries or the fact that a built in win bonus that's half your paycheck is dangerous because it incentivizes corners to not throw in the towel.

So if it's a title fight specifically, it seems to be a bigger problem if the champion is the one at risk of getting DQ'ed. If it's a challenger it's pretty cut and dried. They're out, and it's at the organization's discretion whether they want to set up a future rematch or if that's it for their title aspirations. So let's assume that we're talking about a Yan situation where the champion specifically is the one who does something to get disqualified under the unified rules.

If you're too harsh on the fouler, it incentivizes the victim of a foul to oversell its effects.

If you're too harsh on the victim (for lack of a better word), you incentivize dirty fighting, up to intentionally risking disqualification, since a champion who's losing could intentionally foul knowing it's a no-contest.

The only middle ground I can think of is that in the event of a fight-ending foul from a champion, the belt becomes vacant. The organization can then review the footage/speak to the camps and book an immediate rematch. The challenger automatically gets another shot at the vacant belt, and it is at the organization's discretion whether the former champion gets another shot.

It sucks for the challenger, but it solves the problem of someone being able to win a title by disqualification, without incentivizing champions to get themselves disqualified. I guess a champion could hypothetically roll the dice with a blatant low blow/eye gouge and trust the organization to set up an automatic rematch, but that speaks more to a problem with the organization than MMA as a whole.

You get double the money if you win!!! Dummy

Calling people dummy or whatever derogatory names, doesn't make you smarter, bud. It's just immature and not conducive towards a good discussion. In this case it just makes you look not that bright.

The point is the losing fighter has done his or her job and has made the UFC money and not less money because they lost. Because there almost always has to be someone that loses and people want to see someone lose. So the UFC is getting paid from the fighter losing. So the losing fighter is directly co-responsible for that money, but gets punished for making that money for the UFC. Normally you don't get punished for making money for a company, as an employee.

Yeah...that's why it's a terrible structure for fighters. They're professional athletes, they largely don't need the motivation of fighting at half pay to do well. It'd be one thing if the win bonus for the losing fighter went to the winner (which would also be a bad idea), but it goes to the UFC. Which doesn't make sense other than as a cost saving measure.

That's not even getting into bad judging fucking over fighters' salaries or the fact that a built in win bonus that's half your paycheck is dangerous because it incentivizes corners to not throw in the towel.
This is the most retarded argument i have ever heard. I bet my life if you ask one hundred fighters if they want to get rid of the win bonus one hundred fighters would say no. You can't be serous with this shit??? Everything you listed will happen regardless so why the fuck wouldnt they want the chance to double up. Please dont respond your posts have already given me enough cte for one day.

Calling people dummy or whatever derogatory names, doesn't make you smarter, bud. It's just immature and not conducive towards a good discussion. In this case it just makes you look not that bright.

The point is the losing fighter has done his or her job and has made the UFC money and not less money because they lost. Because there almost always has to be someone that loses and people want to see someone lose. So the UFC is getting paid from the fighter losing. So the losing fighter is directly co-responsible for that money, but gets punished for making that money for the UFC. Normally you don't get punished for making money for a company, as an employee.
This is so fucking dumb of an argument i cant even respond any further
<Dany07>

This is the most retarded argument i have ever heard. I bet my life if you ask one hundred fighters if they want to get rid of the win bonus one hundred fighters would say no. You can't be serous with this shit??? Everything you listed will happen regardless so why the fuck wouldnt they want the chance to double up. Please dont respond your posts have already given me enough cte for one day.
The obvious solution is shift the show/win structure to 80/20 or something like that. Why do you think so many champions and elite fighters give up their win bonus for a higher base pay lol. Conor just get s base salary plus backend, not show/win plus backend.

But ok, feel free to keep being an ignorant weirdo.

This is so fucking dumb of an argument i cant even respond any further
<Dany07>

Bud, maybe try to see it this way. They aren't getting double their money. They just aren't getting their salary cut in half. They are already criminally underpaid compared to other sports. They should all get the "win" bonus, if they win or not. Just a standard base pay at the size of what normally would be show+win money.

Also, the reason you can't respond is, because you don't really have a good argument to begin with.

It is literally no different than losing a fight and not getting the bonus and fighters know this because the sign the the contracts. Lol and it happens half the time on every card except for the rare case of a draw. ;) this is a fricken laugh riot. <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
It is literally no different than losing a fight and not getting the bonus and fighters know this because the sign the the contracts. Lol and it happens half the time on every card except for the rare case of a draw. ;) this is a fricken laygh riot. <Lmaoo>
OK, so why does the UFC get the win bonus of the losing fighter? why does it not go to the winning fighter? Also, what sports make the bonus the same as your salary? That just doesn't happen, your income for a year will mostly be guaranteed (show money), not bonuses.

If you get rocked in the slightest from an illegal shot you take the win and fuck the guy who threw the shot . That can throw your whole system off and then to reset the fight you can be off for minutes after it starts again. If it’s a shot that clearly didn’t land hard or rock the person and they fake it that’s different . But I’m all for aljo taking that dq win and Diego. Play by the rules or you lose

It is literally no different than losing a fight and not getting the bonus and fighters know this because the sign the the contracts. Lol and it happens half the time on every card except for the rare case of a draw. ;) this is a fricken laygh riot. <Lmaoo>

We know how they get paid, currently. Try to keep up with what we are saying.

Caillng them bonuses is just for show, and to manipulate fighters so that the company gets to keep more of their money. It's not actually a bonus. It's just not a salary cut by 50%.

The obvious solution is shift the show/win structure to 80/20 or something like that. Why do you think so many champions and elite fighters give up their win bonus for a higher base pay lol. Conor just get s base salary plus backend, not show/win plus backend.

But ok, feel free to keep being an ignorant weirdo.
600 plus fighters and this clown brings up Conor. Lmfao
I'll bet maybe two percent of the roster gets base pay..

Last edited:
Bud, maybe try to see it this way. They aren't getting double their money. They just aren't getting their salary cut in half. They are already criminally underpaid compared to other sports. They should all get the "win" bonus, if they win or not. Just a standard base pay at the size of what normally would be show+win money.

Also, the reason you can't respond is, because you don't really have a good argument to begin with.
I stand by my arguments 100%

So do you believe that fighters would vote to abolish it, honestly?
- Do you want 20k or 40k um duh I'll just take the 20k! see how dumb that sounds.

I think I'm done here. fucking lol

I stand by my arguments 100%

So doo you believe that fighters would vote to abolish it, honestly?
- Do you want 20k or 40k um duh I'll just take the 20k! see how dumb that sounds.

I think I'm Done here. fucking lol

No, the options would be. Do you want 20 if you lose and 40 if you win (currently), or do you want 40 if you lose and 40 if you win (hypothetically)?

Last edited:
600 plus fighters and this clown brings up Conor. Lmfao
I'll bet maybe two percent of the roster gets base pay..
Yeah, and if you polled the fighters on hey, do you want your pay to be half to show and half to win, or 80 percent to show, 20 percent to win, they would choose the latter most likely. Get real man. Most fighters are stuck with show/win because they don't have the leverage to negotiate out of it.

No, the option would be. Do you want 20 if you lose and 40 if you win (currently), or do you want 40 if you lose and 40 if you win (hypothetically)?
Holy shit then what would be the motivation to win??? They would just coast and not care if they lose. Lmao Ok im done feeding the trolls for tonight thanks for the laughs... Give your heads a shake.

Good night sweet princesses

They still get their show money ya goof. It would be fucked up if they didn't get paid at all considering no one actually won or lost the fight.
Each fighter should get half the win bonus in a draw

Holy shit then what would be the motivation to win??? They would just coast and not care if they lose. Ok im done feeding the trolls for tonight thanks for the laughs... Give your heads a shake.

Good night sweet princesses

A better contract? Not getting beat up? Pride as a fighter? Improving your ranking and getting closer to the belt? There are plenty of ifghters who get a base pay who perform just fine. You're just buying into the manipulation of the UFC.

Well 2 of those examples aren't even in the UFC. And the two that are in the UFC were blatant, hard illegal blows. That's not an acting issue, it's an issue with the dumbass fighter throwing the illegal blow.

Yan espeically fully deserved his DQ.

Back