So how good can Kamaru's brother be?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don't know much about him but he seems pretty genetically gifted for sure like his brother. Does Mohammed Usman have a wrestling pedigree like Kamaru? Does he have endless cardio? He looks like maybe he's a little bit small or average sized at hw so maybe he won't be as strong physically for the division like Kamaru is at ww. He does look like maybe he has better natural ko power than his brother though

there are enough nice fights in the top15 for him

but HW is a hard division to build up a fighter,
one strike and your gone

look at Jones after 3 years, he is still trying to find his balls to step inside the cage

He'll probably eventually reach top 5 and possibly have a title shot at one point. It's HW Division, at this current time it's the most unskilled where fighters rely solely on knock out power which Usman has.

he already lost to don’tale mayes and then was getting pieced up this last fight before the KO.
maybe low level hw gatekeeper

I don't know much about him but he seems pretty genetically gifted for sure like his brother. Does Mohammed Usman have a wrestling pedigree like Kamaru? Does he have endless cardio? He looks like maybe he's a little bit small or average sized at hw so maybe he won't be as strong physically for the division like Kamaru is at ww. He does look like maybe he has better natural ko power than his brother though

He's too muscular - look at all the champions or top contenders none of them look like they can be body builders. The reality is that being that big requires a ton of oxygen to operate, and as long as he is that big cardio will always be a problem for him. Ultimately he'll get exploited by better conditioned fighters.

I noticed his size too. When he stood next to Bisping, he looked smaller....than a MW. At least he was a MW at one time!<45>

He's too muscular - look at all the champions or top contenders none of them look like they can be body builders. The reality is that being that big requires a ton of oxygen to operate, and as long as he is that big cardio will always be a problem for him. Ultimately he'll get exploited by better conditioned fighters.
He should have a chat with T.J. Dillashaw‘s doctor to see how he can improve that oxygen issue.

He has the physical tools, but I feel he's still very raw. He needs to work on fundamentals for sure in my opinion -- feints, jabs, footwork, etc. His corner's advice of "the big shot will be there" paid off and seemingly they knew his technical limitations, but against higher level competition, I don't feel he can depend on his power for every fight. He is still a baby in the sport though and has minimal experience. I feel time will tell how he can develop; reminds me somewhat of Greg Hardy when he started. Ultimately, Hardy's bottleneck was his ground game, but we did see his stand up develop a decent amount.

He has no wrestling pedigree, average HW cardio, and average HW knockout power. He can definitely continue refining his skills but he has been at this a while and seems to largely be a finished product.

If he were to fight Parker Porter in 2022 I don't think he would close as the favorite. There are definitely winnable fights for him and I do think he will stick around in the UFC for a while but becoming a ranked HW is likely not in his future.

Yeah -- sounds cliche at this point, but history has backed up your comment. Generally, if fighters don't change their strength and conditioning programs to develop a less muscle-heavy body, fighters don't tend to go very far in the sport. We have seen fighters transform from being bricks to more practically built, but it takes a lot of work, seemingly.

Has he actually gassed out in some of his other fights or are you saying that purely based off of his appearance? Because Kamaru looks like he would have bad cardio too but he doesn't obviously

I think with some more UFC training they can be virtually identical.
<Goldie11>

Seriously though, I didn't know who he was or that he was Kamaru's brother, I wasn't really watching the fights and i heard the commentators making noise so i glanced over and i seen the name Usman and though he looked like a jacked Kamaru, then seen Kamaru in his corner and i was like thats weird, then i heard one of the commentators say he was Karmaru's brother.

Top 15 with good matchmaking. No more. He is not good at all. Guys like Spivak who isn't even ranked would tear him a new one.

He definitely seems pretty raw. But with the name value associated with him, I would imagine that his coaches are going to be pushing pretty hard for him to succeed. I actually think Zac Pauga is the more legit prospect even though he got KO'd. Zac seemed to be comfortably in control of the fight until he got slept.

probably too late for him. too old to really learn enough to be a contender. if he took MMA more seriously from a younger age, though, the sky is the limit. dude is a freak.

He is tough, and has his brother to train with and refine his skills.
Muhammad Usman can definitely be a force if he has a good team behind him which I am sure he does.Untitled2.jpg

Back