So I am in BJJ hell....

AzRich75

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Went to the doctor today and got a double whammy, folliculitis and minor rotator cuff tear. Been on antibiotics for a week for the infection, but gonna opt for physical therapy over surgery on the shoulder. So shit....

Btw, just a note on the skin infection; if you get an ingrown hair on your beard, do not pluck it out!! I plucked mine out and then shaved my face afterwards. That little tiny infected hair follicle ended up spreading to some micro abrasions that my razor opened up on the left side of my face and screwed me over. Have never caught anything off the mats, but I shave after plucking an ingrown beard hair and get boned by that nasty bacteria.

Setbacks in training are always rough. At least you have a lot of time to work on ur cardio and conditioning. U'll have an even better base to build upon once ur healed up.

Once ur folliculitis clears up u can move on to drilling and maybe some light sparring / flow rolling as long as u can keep urself from from getting too getting too competitive. Personally, I can't do any sparring if I'm injured; I can't feel as much pain until after and get too in the moment during. So I just stick to drilling.

I feel your pain. Got stacked by a huge dude, totally reinjured a recurring disc herniation and I'm off the mats for an indefinite period of time, so far it's not getting better. Few things suck more than not being able to train. Hell, I can't even lift right now.

Damn Rich get well soon, hope the PT works out for you.

Went to the doctor today and got a double whammy, folliculitis and minor rotator cuff tear. Been on antibiotics for a week for the infection, but gonna opt for physical therapy over surgery on the shoulder. So shit....

Btw, just a note on the skin infection; if you get an ingrown hair on your beard, do not pluck it out!! I plucked mine out and then shaved my face afterwards. That little tiny infected hair follicle ended up spreading to some micro abrasions that my razor opened up on the left side of my face and screwed me over. Have never caught anything off the mats, but I shave after plucking an ingrown beard hair and get boned by that nasty bacteria.

i got MRSA that way. ripped out a nose hair, next thing you know i'm on an IV drip for 7 days..

I feel your pain. Got stacked by a huge dude, totally reinjured a recurring disc herniation and I'm off the mats for an indefinite period of time, so far it's not getting better. Few things suck more than not being able to train. Hell, I can't even lift right now.

Sorry you guys are hurting. I've got both. Partial tear of my Rotator Cuff on the left side, and a couple of herniations between c5-c6-c7.

Cortisone shots. Get them. Then do your PT. That has drastically reduced my time off the mats. The shoulder kept me off 5 days when I hurt it, I was back on 2 days after the shot and able to rehab it while training. The neck I was out 9 days and still rehabbing.

When rehabbing, I Just have to be super careful in training, selective about partners, and tap the second it gets put in danger.

That sucks buddy. I've had to take time off for folliculitis, ribs, and a couple times for lower back issues. Probably missed about a year if I add them all up.

It's always depressing, I get fat and drink too much, and then there's all the struggles involved with coming back: conditioning is gone, feeling like guys are passing you up etc.

3rd on the no picking ingrown hairs( or what look like them)
Major staph on knee. Couldn't walk for a week

I also have neck problems ( stenosis ) mostly
Avoiding gulitines at all costs

Leave ingrown hairs alone - learned that the hard way.

Currently nursing a sprained MCL (silver lining = no surgery needed), but sitting out sucks so, so bad. Hopefully 4-6 weeks and I'll be back.

Im in BJJ purgatory....

brown belt 3 years.

I was off the mats for like 6 years while I moved around after college. Finally got settled and found a new school 3 weeks ago. One week ago dislocated two ribs and I'm back off while I heal. Very frustrating, I feel for you.

I was off the mats for like 6 years while I moved around after college. Finally got settled and found a new school 3 weeks ago. One week ago dislocated two ribs and I'm back off while I heal. Very frustrating, I feel for you.

Damn dude, props for coming back after a break like that. The first time I missed a few months I seriously contemplated quitting instead of sucking it up and building myself back up.

Sorry you had some bad luck with those ribs, that is shitty. I hope you heal up and get back on the mats soon

Damn dude, props for coming back after a break like that. The first time I missed a few months I seriously contemplated quitting instead of sucking it up and building myself back up.

Sorry you had some bad luck with those ribs, that is shitty. I hope you heal up and get back on the mats soon

Thanks man, I've had a couple of extended breaks I'm really not happy about, especially when I think about where I could be but I'm always so stoked to get back on the mat.

I'm nursing them and taking the time to review a lot of videos on my fundamentals and I'll be back on in 2-3 weeks.

shoulder injuries suck. It might never be 100%again so get used to tapping early to kimuras and omoplatas

shoulder injuries suck. It might never be 100%again so get used to tapping early to kimuras and omoplatas

I turn 40 in September so will just go on TRT and never worry about tapping or injuries again.....hahahahahha!

Which Rotator? you have 4 in each scapula

Damn that sucks bruv.

Have you tried epidurals or PT? If you do go the epidural route, ask them their approach for the needle and their preferred steroid. The latter especially makes a difference.

:icon_lol: Dude made a thread about getting a boil:icon_lol:

Which Rotator? you have 4 in each scapula

Whichever doesn't let you arm rotate in the direction of an Americana. It was a VA doctor so I was in and out pretty quick and waiting on my physical therapy referral now. Something about the muscle underneath by my armpit that comes up and over being part of the issue.

Back