So I Finally Shaved My Hair After Years Of Long Hair

I did the opposite. After a decade of shaving my head, I just stopped and let it grow. I’m 43 and it’s been about 4 years and my hair is just past my shoulders.

But good on you, bro. It’s definitely a lot easier to maintain when shaven.

By 25, the thinning was annoying so I shaved it and 25 years later, it's still all gone. It's fine. I'm used to it, I just hate having to shave it all the time.

I’m still good with my hair. I keep it medium length. Kept it longer during the VID 19 era. But it became a pain in the ass. 40 is nearing and I’m still doing just fine.

And don’t worry, TS, most bald dudes would kill to have the hair you had. It still looked decent. Plus, you can always go to Turkey and get a hair transplant for a few grand. That’s what the bald fucks do

PS- Lol at being bald.

I’ve had long hair since growing it out in my teens. Naturally straight so easy to care for.

Man I didn't get a haircut from the time I was 14 years old until 23.

I had gone so long that it felt like hair was a part of my image/identity.. and I was afraid to cut it off.

Well once I did, I never bothered with long hair again. It's a pain in the ass and it feels better short. And I see guys with really long hair these days and I kind of laugh to myself because I think it looks really dumb on most dudes.

I shaved my whole head once with no guard on the trimmers just to see what it was like.

And it never really grew back fully lol.

Been shaving it ever since. Like it a lot more than when I had hair. My hair was always shit and never suited me.

Been shaving it down to the skin with razors recently and it's pretty great.

I finally took the plunge and shaved my head with a three guard at some Puerto Rican barbershop here in northern nj where I live.

It looks and feels so much better and all I’ve been getting are compliments, which I’ll take when I can get 😁😂

My hair, while quite long/shoulder length, was unfortunately starting to thin a bit. I just turned 37 so I guess I had a good run! After a certain point I really stopped taking care of it. And it showed.

There are some pics floating around here that show the longhair.

I was a bit nervous with my live-in gf because she always said she loves guys with a full head of hair and could never date a bald guy. Well I’m not bald per se, and it actually looks fuller and healthier short, but here we are!

She actually took it very well and was supportive. She thinks it kinda looks badass compared to my long hair lol 😂 . I used to look like a grungy little dweeb.

Now I don’t have to wear a hat or beanie everywhere I go.

Anyone here recently make a big chop? Thinking about doing so? Here is an honest and chill place to talk about it!
Your head probably feels light and cold but no more knots.

I'm 37 as well but lucky my hair hasn't thinned. Right now I have a full head of hair but I buzz it all off with no guard every 3 months or so. I'm ugly as fuck with no hair. All my past gf's have hated it. Lmao I remember one girl even broke up with me over it. It's humbling in a way. It's about time to shave it all off again because fuck having a full head of hair in a Louisiana summer.

Last edited:
Just had my head trimmed with a "zero" at the barber's, after a couple of weeks break.

Feels fresh!

I finally took the plunge and shaved my head with a three guard at some Puerto Rican barbershop here in northern nj where I live.

It looks and feels so much better and all I’ve been getting are compliments, which I’ll take when I can get 😁😂

My hair, while quite long/shoulder length, was unfortunately starting to thin a bit. I just turned 37 so I guess I had a good run! After a certain point I really stopped taking care of it. And it showed.

There are some pics floating around here that show the longhair.

I was a bit nervous with my live-in gf because she always said she loves guys with a full head of hair and could never date a bald guy. Well I’m not bald per se, and it actually looks fuller and healthier short, but here we are!

She actually took it very well and was supportive. She thinks it kinda looks badass compared to my long hair lol 😂 . I used to look like a grungy little dweeb.

Now I don’t have to wear a hat or beanie everywhere I go.

Anyone here recently make a big chop? Thinking about doing so? Here is an honest and chill place to talk about it!
I did the exact same thing when I was in my early thirties. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Like you I was nervous about it but it felt so good to get rid of all that hair. I felt free, if that's not being too melodramatic.

I'm gonna grow it till I feel it's thinning or whatever. Once it happens I'll cut it. Im in my 40s and it's still in great shape. But I don't mind having my head shaved. Before I grew it long I used to shave it for 10 yrs

I had gone so long that it felt like hair was a part of my image/identity.. and I was afraid to cut it off.

Well once I did, I never bothered with long hair again. It's a pain in the ass and it feels better short. And I see guys with really long hair these days and I kind of laugh to myself because I think it looks really dumb on most dudes.
This x1000!

Was the longhair metal guy until around 30, then went short. Now I have to stay bald.... Still not really used to it after 3+ years.
Hair today, gone tomorrow.

I would enjoy long hair for as long as you can. That is me, though.

Long hair is fine if you take care of it. Those who don't, I agree; they look ridiculous. That, or when you know you have to cut or shave it because it is thin, or you got a scullet going on.

White hair on the sides now, some thinning. Long hair is difficult to pull off. I'll Omni-Man for as long as I can.

With the right hairstyle, Men actually looks good with some silver in their hair. Especially if it's well distributed. I'm 37 this year, barely have any white hair but M pattern balding is starting to show. I have it cut really short since 32 or so. Used to have long hair in my 20s, shoulder length.

Short hair is definitely easier to maintain obviously. I remember waking up at night because my hair got pulled by my pillow when turning in my 20s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back