So I have always had a ram pickup. Not for 3 months though. My wife wants to buy new.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I beat the shit out of my trucks. They work hard! I am finding it really tough to go for a brand new one. I was thinking something more like maybe 5 years old and around 20k. That is still a nice dependable truck, but I wouldn't mind as much having it get banged up a bit. Any thoughts?

If you don't care all that much then going with the cheaper option is probably the best bet. Save the extra cash and put it into something you care more about. Though either way, you should consider getting the outside sprayed with Line-X. Then you don't have to worry about dents or scratches.

Problem with that is it's hard to say how badly the previous owner beat it up. He could have filled the back of it with chili and spilled chili all over the cabin, given this nationwide major obsession with chili I just heard about in another thread.

The used truck is insane at the moment. Trucks are very in demand, and holding there value quite well. I've seen 2 year old trucks with 50k miles, and they are only like 3 grand less then a comparable new one. They have to have like 100k miles on them and beat up, to find any sort of deal. I have been considering getting a new Pick up, and after months of watching the market, and talking to friends in dealerships, the best bet is to wait from some of the killer promotions they are offering, along with low financing, for new trucks. If you wait for the right promo, and shop around, you can get 10K under MSRP.

For new Rams, you can get new 2017 and 2018s right now for some great prices. The 2019 is a new generation, and are quite a bit more(but they do have some amazing tech)

Truck prices are outrageous these days. I have a raptor which I keep stored in anchorage where there’s actually access to the road system and then to Canada and the lower 48.

We wanted to get another truck to get barged out to where we live but we were shocked when we saw how much trucks were going for. We ended up grabbing a 2003 Tacoma v6 4wd with about 150k miles on it and paid over 7k for it.....and 3k for the barge lol. At least the old models don’t have the electronic parts and computers so I can do most maintenance on it myself.

Shit we ended up with a standard cab, extended cab or 4 door was easily 2-5g more where we were looking.

Back