So I Noticed That Only MMA Fans Whine So Much About Rematches...

Rematch when a huge foul goes unnoticed, the judges can't tally up numbers, or something bad happens. When you get KTFO you can GTFO. Back in line.

There should be a minimum of 2 wins between title fights. Rematches are cool when there's a buildup. There's no buildup when one guy gets his hand raised while the other guy is still on the floor yet they throw a rematch at us. That's bullshit.

I just hate how it ruins what could be an interesting rematch down the line. UFC always manage to make them uninteresting
This right here. Immediate rematches in title fights hold up a division. I love Frankie Edgar but his title fights at lightweight were all rematches. He had 3 opponents in 6 fights. He basically fought 1 opponent twice each year while he was champion.

Part of why I dislike the immediate rematch is because it's basically a way for the promotion to try to get the "right guy" to win. To use Frankie again as an example, he beat BJ and the UFC gave BJ another shot immediately, as if Frankie didn't just beat the guy. The same thing happened when he lost to Bendo.

Back