So people use lacross balls to massage their glutes

yocan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Apparently my glute/abductor on the right side is about 25% smaller per the therapist from a car wreck a long time ago. He had me doing side planks lifting the top leg up and to the rear well apparently a certain angle freaked them out bad and they cramped up very deep on the glute wrapped right around the bone, and the abductor on the outside.

So I A don't really know what I'm doing with the lacrosse ball, and there are so many youtube videos, which one is intelligently done by a knowledgeable person?

Next any other ideas how to get this to loosen up? Certain things really hurt, especially when I wake up, I can't go to a deep squat after getting out of bed takes 20 minutes of focused stretching and attempts to get so I can squat in place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piriformis_syndrome

you mean this?

i would just begin with stretching, ibu, heat. i would use a foam roll or some bigger/softer ball in the beginning. if your muscle is in a really cramped up and painful state you should be careful with just sitting on a lacrosse ball since this could make things just more injured because of the hard and small pressure point it provides.

i had this pain for over a year and i really can't tell what made it fade. i just used to stretch, applied heat, used rolls/balls and i avoided lifting with a wide stance/outside rotated feet because this was the cause in my case for activating this problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piriformis_syndrome

you mean this?

i would just begin with stretching, ibu, heat. i would use a foam roll or some bigger/softer ball in the beginning. if your muscle is in a really cramped up and painful state you should be careful with just sitting on a lacrosse ball since this could make things just more injured because of the hard and small pressure point it provides.

i had this pain for over a year and i really can't tell what made it fade. i just used to stretch, applied heat, used rolls/balls and i avoided lifting with a wide stance/outside rotated feet because this was the cause in my case for activating this problems.
It could be possibly, therapist felt it was not. As I have some CNS tension he had me do a few tests and nothing was made worse.

I really think I just shifted around my hip in the socket due to lack of strength and things cramped up and aren't coming out of it. Went for a 30 minute walk with a few light runs in it yesterday (to keep me from overdoing it he's having me do a couch to 5k program) and its much better today. But you may be onto something as it is indeed worse if I rotate my feet outward when I squat down, but do it 2/3 times and it mostly goes away like a drastically overtight muscle.

So I'm going to assume my muscles are messed up mroe than the nerve for the short term. Good point on too much pressure with the ball, foam roller is going to get used more right now.

Back