So please tell what did the United States earn for Glory?

glory can't put on enough fights to fill the contracts they already have! outside of badr or buakaw ( the only 2 fighters bigger than the sport but both massive headaches) it makes no sense to sign anyone outside of someone like rampage because they will see nothing out of it business wise

Also, FUCK SPIKE TV!

Have opinions all that you want, cool, but this one is just silly and sadly mis-(maybe just under-?)informed.

I've been critical of Spike TV as a partner for GLORY for a while now. Mainly because, at least when Bjorn Rebney was involved with Bellator, Spike was seemingly unwilling to push GLORY content further than airing their events.

Two hours every month or so, maybe a late night 30 minute promo spot, that's about it.

They weren't promoting the shows very well and, in a way, Spike kind of felt like they were trying to push GLORY to fail, which made little sense.

Things have changed, though, if you haven't noticed. GLORY's Last Man Standing was given a two hour slot to air in the summer, the Top 20 KO's special aired a few weeks ago and actually received tremendous ratings (I'm still waiting for their OK to release those numbers) and they seem more committed to GLORY than ever.

Then, to top it off and bring everything full circle; Spike TV is by and large their biggest TV deal and largest source of income. You want to know why GLORY is pushing the American market so hard and why they are catering to Spike TV's whims? Because Spike TV pays more than their other TV deals across the world pay and give them more time and exposure than anyone else does.

You are always going to want to give the best possible product to your #1 partner, right?

We"ll see, I hope it"s like you say. I bet Glory are investing way more than Bellator. Don"t forget Spike reduced the main card. By the way, what were the ratings Dave?

I hope when Glory will become very big, they will say bye bye to Spike if nothing changes.

Glory is a super production.

Then, to top it off and bring everything full circle; Spike TV is by and large their biggest TV deal and largest source of income. You want to know why GLORY is pushing the American market so hard and why they are catering to Spike TV's whims? Because Spike TV pays more than their other TV deals across the world pay and give them more time and exposure than anyone else does.

You are always going to want to give the best possible product to your #1 partner, right?

Spike probably pays the most sure. Eurosport never releases any viewer numbers but I'd wager they bring more total eyes on Glory than Spike does. Also if Glory could schedule shows better than a 5 year old they would for sure have more airtime on Eurosport. They regularly have 2-3h slots for much lesser kickboxing content than Glory's.

Snub, I keep active kickboxing on Sherdog. Your all posts are related to the other users. Why are you so aggressive? You haven"t opened a fucking thread lately.
Filling the forum with your rubbish isn't exactly a good thing.

Quantity < Quality.

What are you trying to say? You can't blame people here in the U.S. for whats going on with glory. I live in one of the most populated area's here in the states, do you know how many Glory television advertisements I've seen? Just one, it was on spike tv fifteen minutes before the event started. Nobody watches Glory here because they don't know what the hell Glory is. Spike isn't even a major network, the channel its' self has is a limited audience. If they really want more viewers they need to advertise better. Talking shit about american fighters won't change this, nor will erase that Joe is undeniably a top 3 mw or that Barret put your boy to sleep.

OP needs too think about what America was for kickboxing back in the day with guys like Duke/Rick roufus, Don wilson, Benny the jet, Dennis alexio, Dale cook, troy Dorsey, Manson gibson. As far as Canada goes Canada does have good talent and always has with guys like Michael macdonald, Peter cunningham, Jean Yves theriault, Melvin Murray, Phil petit, Paul lalonde, Giuseppe denatale it's just being show cased more than it ever has been ever! thanks to glory. Guys
Like Bazooka joe, marcus, and varga. Guys like jarrel miller, Wayne barret, collete and James Wilson just arnt adapting that well like their countries kickboxing legends because it was the PKA and WKA days and they kicked all day. The New generation coming in on a more
Boxing orientated game plan. The WGP tournament is great. With Canada and America already not knowing who their stars are if any who would they support in the WGP? Glory is slowely doing really important things for kickboxing. Europe and Japan are kick boxing essentially at the end of the PKA and WKA it died down in America and Canada this is the another wave that seems too be too far and between for American and Canadian kickboxing. SUPPORT GLORY this are unfolding as they should. Cor Hemmers produced some
Of the best muay Thai fighters and kickboxers ever. Glory is in good hands with him.

Last edited:
If Glory is on this American market. Barrett? He just lost to Wilnis. Schilling? He"s close to retirement and was allowed to switch for MMA.

There is some talent in Canada though.

I love Glory for existence but where"s the logic? How can Glory really break into the US? They got some fans but they"re still quite a lot under the MMA"s Bellator.

I don"t understand why they don"t want STACKED DIVISIONS and to keep the World Grand Prix format. There was nothing wrong with the WGP.

Also, FUCK SPIKE TV!

I am not at all against the Americans (for me, boxing means USA, market, everything, Europe is just soccer and handball, in rest inferior at everything), but there"s almost no emulation like in the case of the MMA. There is so much population but rarely kickboxers. The Americans can definitely love this sport but something is missing.
Totally agree no more coments

Spike probably pays the most sure. Eurosport never releases any viewer numbers but I'd wager they bring more total eyes on Glory than Spike does. Also if Glory could schedule shows better than a 5 year old they would for sure have more airtime on Eurosport. They regularly have 2-3h slots for much lesser kickboxing content than Glory's.

I assume Eurosport is financially uninteresting for any partner. Its added costs only, delivering free content and getting air time and exposure in exchange. If you are lucky, you will barely recover or maybe exeed TV ready production costs via sponsoring (risk is on the promoters side). Its just good to enhance viewers but it can`t be that big at all....

I assume Eurosport is financially uninteresting for any partner. Its added costs only, delivering free content and getting air time and exposure in exchange. If you are lucky, you will barely recover or maybe exeed TV ready production costs via sponsoring (risk is on the promoters side). Its just good to enhance viewers but it can`t be that big at all....

Yeeep.

Eurosport is kind of like AXS TV is like here in the States.

Eurosport isn't the greatest channel but people whine about it too much. They can manage 4mil+ viewers for some live premier content in primetime excluding UK and Asia numbers. Seen a bunch of lesser live content having around 1mil viewers. Preliminary schedule says they are airing Glory 18 three times next month, once in primetime on main Eurosport.

Nowhere else is there such a one stop channel you can get your content localized to a bunch of different languages in one go too. They have a decent mobile app that covers a shitload of countries and is cheap etc. etc.

Last edited:
Eurosport is the biggest sports channel (as exposure) on the European continent. It is freely available in absolutely all the countries. Not to mention there"s also in Asia. In Australia it"s not in the basic package I think.

Eurosport has huge exposure but of course in Europe we don"t pay for the PPVs.

And, yep, FMACH1 has made a good review but not very exact. He"s underrating it a bit. Financially speaking.

Last edited:
Don't think Eurosport is free in a lot of countries, but even if it's not, it's about as basic as pay tv gets. ~Buy any package and you get it.

Biggest also only in terms of widest coverage. It's good cause if you are on it people can actually watch your content if they want to, no matter where. Wanna watch? On terrestrial, cable, satellite, on your pc, android phone/tablet, iphone/ipad, windows phone, smart tv...

Superkombat, KOK, Glory, K-1...they air Kunlun ffs. Think Legend aired and Top King at least had some eurosport logos on their posters so assuming they will too. Not a bad channel for kickboxing fans specially.

Last edited:
Back