Social So the KC Chiefs name is blatant racism?

Here's the thing

It depends on my Depends.
@Green
Reaction score
I don’t find Chiefs racist, as it’s actually a reference to a Kansas City mayor. That’s where the name came from. And their mascot is a wolf, isn’t it? So no issue there. Fans dressing up like racial stereotypes is kind of cringe though.

edit: I think historically though they had some racist mascots and things didn’t they? Not a huge football fan, so not sure.

I'm guessing all you liberals in here agree, that the name "Chiefs" and the mascot itself is blatant hate and racism? When fans dress up as an actual chief may, that's even worse, right?

Is the "Fighting Irish" of Notre Dame racist too, and is any name based on an actual group of people a symbol of hate and racism?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...should-be-kansas-city-chiefs-last-ncna1256935

The name has nothing to do with native Americans. Fans should stop dressing up like them though.

The name has nothing to do with native Americans. Fans should stop dressing up like them though.
Isn't there an arrowhead in the logo? I don't really see a problem with the name, it's nothing like Redskins or Indians. It would be more comparable to the LA Kings or the Ottawa Senators.

Isn't there an arrowhead in the logo? I don't really see a problem with the name, it's nothing like Redskins or Indians. It would be more comparable to the LA Kings or the Ottawa Senators.

The name has nothing to do with native Americans. The team was named after a mayor of the city.

I do see fans dressing up as native Americans as disrespectful though.

Its racist to have any non-white mascots. They should be the Kansas City Aryans.

The name has nothing to do with native Americans. The team was named after a mayor of the city.

Don't bullshit. It may be a reference to the mayor as well, but it's also Native American themed.
images

b194ef6b320bdde65be45bb9dd79d5a1.png

The name has nothing to do with native Americans. Chief is not a term specific to native Americans. The team was named after a mayor of the city.

The logo is an arrowhead. Whatever the name represents, they do not shy away from the Native American imagery.

Don't have a problem with it, but lets not pretend the connection is purely coincidental.

The logo is an arrowhead. Whatever the name represents, they do not shy away from the Native American imagery.

Don't have a problem with it, but lets not pretend the connection is purely coincidental.

We can talk about the logo but the thread was about the name. The team was named after a mayor of the city.

Do you not know what chief means?
It doesn't matter what it means, they've used Native American imagery in their official logos for as long as they've existed. It may have a dual meaning, but it's still definitely based on Natives.

It doesn't matter what it means, they've used Native American imagery in their official logos for as long as they've existed. It may have a dual meaning, but it's still definitely based on Natives.

Guess we're going to have to change the position of chief of police to something more palatable. As well as all those military positions.

Back